Newcomer / Intro A Key to all the icons?

I am returning after a bit of a break.

There are new Icons that appear in the Nav panel (left HUD, 1st tab) next to locations. I can't find anywhere on the internet a key to what they mean. can someone point me in the right direction.

Also I am guessing the big orange elite symbol on the galaxy map is the new starter systems.

With the galaxy map open goto the middle tab - I think - the one where you select realistic or filters. Select the one that isn't those two (I forget the name of it). That one will show all the icons and their titles.

I know that might be confusing. :( The icon descriptions are in there but I only use the main map to plot routes and that's it. But the icon descriptions is in there - some where...

Galmap Icon descriptions - last tab. Except the one that isn't ...

Nav Panel - select something with the icon, read the explanation that is given on the detail page

Last edited:
I am returning after a bit of a break.

There are new Icons that appear in the Nav panel (left HUD, 1st tab) next to locations. I can't find anywhere on the internet a key to what they mean. can someone point me in the right direction.

Also I am guessing the big orange elite symbol on the galaxy map is the new starter systems.

1 - select one and the info is then given at the bottom of the page - they denote local activities available there

2 - correct (you can turn them off)

Last edited:
Top Bottom