A Lagoon/Aviary Hybrid

Being that a great number of flying reptiles lived around the coasts and flew over the seas, what if the lagoon and aviary buildings could be combined as one structure. And if not, what if there was an aviary building that had a lagoon in it? It would be a far fetched idea, but something to think about.

Some things that could happen if you mixed both together.

New interactions/ new animations
Pterasaurs could swoop into deep water and hunt fish from the lagoon fish feeder. They could hunt down the tuna.
niobrara.jpg

New interaction/ kill animations with the different marine reptiles. Certain species could coexist with the Pterosaurs, others would see the Pterosaurs as a food source.
1642127915233.png
elasmosaurus_by_zdenek_burian_1955.JPG

tumblr_m13755ygF51qbefzbo1_1280.jpg

New Territory Needs
Certain Pterosaurs could be content with shallow water, others I could imagine would prefer deep sea water. The reptiles would want to exist in a territory resembling the ancient coasts.

Introducing Freshwater/Saltwater needs.
Some species may prefer or need a different type of water to survive. Some Pterosaurs might have just evolved to live in more freshwater settings, while other species enjoyed marine water. It also could be a way to introduce a species of marine reptile in the future that lived in fresh water.

Using the cliffs from the Return to Jurassic Park Aviary
Jurassic-World-Evolution-aviary.jpg

The lagoon itself I imagine would be at the bottom of the aviary. The cliffs could be a set number of different types and sizes, and customizable. The Pterosaurs could swoop into the water and hunt the fish. Like lagoons and aviaries, they would be modular, and as big as you like. The lagoon at the bottom could also work as another lagoon. So the player could release marine reptiles inside the same enclosure.

Using a viewing gallery much like the lagoon, guests could see the flying reptiles up above and the lagoon below.

Last edited:
Being that a great number of flying reptiles lived around the coasts and flew over the seas, what if the lagoon and aviary buildings could be combined as one structure. And if not, what if there was an aviary building that had a lagoon in it? It would be a far fetched idea, but something to think about.

Some things that could happen if you mixed both together.

New interactions/ new animations
Pterasaurs could swoop into deep water and hunt fish from the lagoon fish feeder. They could hunt down the tuna.
View attachment 286015
New interaction/ kill animations with the different marine reptiles. Certain species could coexist with the Pterosaurs, others would see the Pterosaurs as a food source.
View attachment 286016View attachment 286018
View attachment 286019
New Territory Needs
Certain Pterosaurs could be content with shallow water, others I could imagine would prefer deep sea water. The reptiles would want to exist in a territory resembling the ancient coasts.

Introducing Freshwater/Saltwater needs.
Some species may prefer or need a different type of water to survive. Some Pterosaurs might have just evolved to live in more freshwater settings, while other species enjoyed marine water. It also could be a way to introduce a species of marine reptile in the future that lived in fresh water.

Using the cliffs from the Return to Jurassic Park Aviary
View attachment 286017
The lagoon itself I imagine would be at the bottom of the aviary. The cliffs could be a set number of different types and sizes, and customizable. The Pterosaurs could swoop into the water and hunt the fish. Like lagoons and aviaries, they would be modular, and as big as you like. The lagoon at the bottom could also work as another lagoon. So the player could release marine reptiles inside the same enclosure.

Using a viewing gallery much like the lagoon, guests could see the flying reptiles up above and the lagoon below.
I really would like the option to build the lagoons in the aviaries, but with rocky coastal edges without the walls and fences.
This would be great for our normal enclosures too.
A big wish of mine would become true if Frontier would give us some of the very cool rocks with plants and Waterfall of the old RTJP Aviary from JW1!
That would be awsome. I don´t want the whole building but this overgrown rocks , functional surveillance cameras (like in the old aviary) and fog mashines to position in Avairys, Lagoons and enclosures would give us the option to make much more dramatic lokking Parkenclosures.
I can imagine the high rock in the middle off the picture above could be made to be set on the bottom of an lagoon , like the columns of the monorail !
2/3 of it would be under water and on the 1/3 above our Pterosaurs had an option to land an lurk for fish, while some of the bigger Marine reptiles would lurk from the depth to catch one of the Pterosaurs.
I would really like to hear your opinion about this ;) !

Now that we have fountains, thanks to our last update, what about some of the stuff above ? Rocks with Waterfall and Big DEAD/rotten trees for the Pterosaurs of our Aviaries would look so cool ;) ! And the Lagoons really deserve to get more Decorations in my Opinion. Just a few placeable Plants/ Rocks/Kelp forest and they would look so much nicer.

Top Bottom