General / Off-Topic A movie rant!

So I was going to watch a movie (Aladdin) with a friend and his family, I've seen many versions, and some of them I could still remember as good and interesting movies.
5 min into this piece of [REDACTED] I just could not watch it anymore, I started to fiddle with my phone, and as a guest I was looking for a polite way out, so I texted my Daughter and asked her
to call me.... Oh you need me to pick you up! but but I'm watching a movie!!! ahh ok it's urgent no worries I will be there in 5!

My friends wife.... But I can pick her up where is she? ....

CleverInferiorHoki-max-1mb.gif

Quickly brain think THINK please work with me, don't leave me hanging....HELLO BRAIN!!!
Sorry, but it's a father/daughter thing... WHAT DID I SAY THAT!! HEY DON'T GIVE ME THAT WEIRD LOOK I blame him ----------------->BRAIN

I Hate Disney :mad::devilish:

What would you have done?

A little bit of truth to oil the lie. You should have just said to them "It's okay. I'll pick up my daughter. This movie's a steaming pile of garbage so I'd rather be doing anything else anyway." Just remember to flash them a charming smile as you say it. <charming smile>

You don't need an excuse to leave a bad movie. Just say "This movie is terrible" and leave. It's not like your friends made and star in it.

So I was going to watch a movie (Aladdin) with a friend and his family, I've seen many versions, and some of them I could still remember as good and interesting movies.
5 min into this piece of [REDACTED] I just could not watch it anymore, I started to fiddle with my phone, and as a guest I was looking for a polite way out, so I texted my Daughter and asked her
to call me.... Oh you need me to pick you up! but but I'm watching a movie!!! ahh ok it's urgent no worries I will be there in 5!

My friends wife.... But I can pick her up where is she? ....

CleverInferiorHoki-max-1mb.gif

Quickly brain think THINK please work with me, don't leave me hanging....HELLO BRAIN!!!
Sorry, but it's a father/daughter thing... WHAT DID I SAY THAT!! HEY DON'T GIVE ME THAT WEIRD LOOK I blame him ----------------->BRAIN

I Hate Disney :mad::devilish:

What would you have done?

You could have just soiled yourself.
'sorry folks, i have IBS and bad movies bring it on'.

Sorted.

You could have said, "I prefer to leave now, and not to jeopardize our friendship". "I prefer lose two hours of your company than lose it for a lifetime".

Last edited:
Lemme guess and new reinterpretation of a classic movie/story appropriately seasoned with right amount of "wokeness"?

There are so many trash films, these days. There always were good and bad films, but lately the bad films have gotten worse AND more numerous.
Nowadays it's actually a suprise when a film is decent. Sad days.

I spotted the movie as a piece of trash from the trailers and avoided going in in the first place😂

"Live-action" and "Aladdin" was all I needed to hear.

Actually, learning that Robin Williams was dead was probably all I needed to hear for me to be sure the next Aladdin incarnation would be crap.

There are so many trash films, these days. There always were good and bad films, but lately the bad films have gotten worse AND more numerous.
Nowadays it's actually a suprise when a film is decent. Sad days.
Yep. Found footage, high res phones, improved editing software and better audio quality have opened the door to anyone that thinks they can make a movie to produce one. Cheap distribution means that previously ignored crap now gets put on disc. Combine that with a generation whose parents never told them they suck at anything and we have the modern movie environment.

I felt the same way last night while the wife and I watched Captain Marvel.
What a cruddy movie.
That is the one MCU movie that I will doubt I'll ever watch, Dark Phoenix even through its bombing will get a watch.

As for the Op, I would have been honest and just said sorry this is crap I call you later. I saw the trailer for it and that was enough for me to go nope not for me.

Top Bottom