PvP Powerplay A murder. Also Bugs or Anti-ganker programming? You decide.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So I saw this hudson Cmdr in a shiny fresh out the box Vette. Obviously I had to give him a prod.

You will notice after I drop hm for the second time that despite he does'nt have shields, his hull takes no damage until the FSD has cooled down allowing him to jump. He didn't make it thankfully, but can anyone clarify if this is a bug or some dodgy balance effecting issue programmed in by a Dev? No disrespect, but after the Open play streams that results in ganks for the Devs, I can see why this little thing would be slipped in nice and quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think judging by the amount of rubberbanding going on it was a network thing.

Ruberbanding is because of SLF mate, it's seemless by comparison on the second drop, the only pont he moves significantly is after being hit with force shell.

To clarify, this isnt the first time something has mysteriously managed to avoid any damage until thier FSD was charging up :/

I only say as (admittedly limited PvP) I've had weird things like that happen thanks to my wonderful rural broadband and odd sync issues. But if its a repeatable thing, that is odd.

It could well be, this game can be quite intermittent when it comes to stable connections. Yeah thats the only reason why I question it.

Should it be that it is intentional I feel like a "Healies4Feelies" type of exploit video is mandatory. I will put some effort into testing this.

Bad connection, you can see constant rubber banding and the vapor trails are a load of linked straight lines not smooth at all. He didn't mysteriously avoid damage either, your weps were effective against shields and then armor.

You just need to dust your router.

Bad connection, you can see constant rubber banding and the vapor trails are a load of linked straight lines not smooth at all. He didn't mysteriously avoid damage either, your weps were effective against shields and then armor.

You just need to dust your router.

As I've said, the rubberbanding is due to the SLF he deployed.

You can see in the second drop that the only time he moves significantly is after forceshells, which to my knowledge, is always delayed on the firing ships' end.

Also, its not a one off and I havent got bad internet. Fibrelines man.

As I've said, the rubberbanding is due to the SLF he deployed.

You can see in the second drop that the only time he moves significantly is after forceshells, which to my knowledge, is always delayed on the firing ships' end.

Also, its not a one off and I havent got bad internet. Fibrelines man.

It looked janky even in SC there's no SLF's there. I've also got a rural connection when I see things like that I play solo or ask Mrs Stigbob to stop watching gardening programs online in HD.

It looked janky even in SC there's no SLF's there. I've also got a rural connection when I see things like that I play solo or ask Mrs Stigbob to stop watching gardening programs online in HD.

Yeah thats pretty true, though it's hard to tell if thats connection based or just the awful performance on Ps4. Of which it is ABYSMAL, I have a video coming in a few days for the Devs. Screw thier "issues tracker". Performance issues like the ones we get on Ps4 cannot be ignored given te severity of them.

But yeah Like I say, I will test this further and see how often it occurs. Its certainly not the first time, but I will do my best to work it out.

His shields are up after you pull him the second time, but latency/instancing is likely delaying it registering. Look at how fast his shield is recharging in SC, he's almost certainly turned off some boosters and turns off the last one right before your first shot lands after pulling him again. You didn't drop his shields or stop his recharge, they came back up, just didn't register on your target status.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom