A new LTD3 has just been discovered (credit to /u/mitro735)

They attempted to patch the exploit and failed. I guess they will try again. Till then to me it's an exploit and I will wait till it's posted by fdev as patched.
It's up to Frontier to tell it's playerbase if there are exploits in the game that player's shouldn't be using......until they do this then these are just bugs & player's are working within the current game mechanics as presented by Frontier.
Maybe Frontier should communicate with it's playerbase more, if they really want them not to make use of these 'bugs'.

BTW, I have no interest in this type of Mining technique & have never tried it.

Just to be curious:
Whenever i have a disconnect during mining or entering a mining spot, there will always be a wing of two or three pirateships, scanning me for valuables.
As said, always while entering the game/mining spot. What do you do to prevent to be blown to smithereens with your Miner?
Mine is totally unprotected (just shields, but no weapons)
So the only way would be to leg it, but entering again would cause the same scenario...

So: What to do?

Just to be curious:
Whenever i have a disconnect during mining or entering a mining spot, there will always be a wing of two or three pirateships, scanning me for valuables.
As said, always while entering the game/mining spot. What do you do to prevent to be blown to smithereens with your Miner?
So the only way would be to leg it, but entering again would cause the same scenario...

Sometimes harmless miners or system cops are spawned in this situation. Its not always NPC pirates. However when pirates are spawned, its a nice diversion to destroy them with my mining ship. Pro tip: your mining ship should not be defenseless and unprotected, even in Solo.

Just to be curious:

Some say, keep boosting away just above the ring

Incredible. I'd have sworn there'd be no multi-hotspots by and large with the update because it introduced another ressource which would rather dilute the chances of finding them.

What do you do to prevent to be blown to smithereens with your Miner?
This depends on outfitting. If I am in my Python (where hardpoints are at a premium and it is equipped for all sorts of mining), I will generally either jump out of the ring and dump what I have on my carrier or jettison what the pirates demand. They will thank you and then your limpets will re-collect everything before they have a chance to scoop it up (works most of the time). If I am in my Corvette, then that single mostly harmless pirate in a DBS picked the wrong target to make demands to ... (Or even the wings of 4 that tend to spawn) His children will go hungry not only this night, but for all nights to come.

Sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever.

The way the egg used to work was a bug, apparently (since fdev have put some effort into changing it, they clearly must have recognized it as some unintended behaviour).

They patched it (added a cooldown timer) and even included a statement in the patch notes claiming "it has been fixed", which means that what the current implementation does is how it's supposed to work.
You're the one who's not making sense. When the patch notes say they "fixed" something but it's still broken; then the only possible conclusion is that the fix failed.

The patch notes clearly stated that ship launched fighters could no longer reset SSDs, as this isn't the case their fix failed. If this bug was something that blew up player's ships instead of granting diamonds everyone would be on the same page that it is not in fact fixed. Issue is lots of players want to keep exploiting this, so they make up excuses why it's alright.

I see you came out from under your shell for that joke?

Outstanding dad-joke!
You win today's prize dude lmao!

Wait a minute... everyone is mining the same asteroid???

Yup, literally the same rock.
Initially I thought people were all finding a SSD rock that they could mine, but all in the same hotspot area.
But nope, this is literally the same rock across all modes, in however many thousands of instances that people are generating in solo or Pg. I'm guessing this is why wing-mining has died back again.

Personally I think it's astounding that people are able to do this, but I'm not going to get involved in the debate on right or wrong, exploit or not.

All I'll say is I'm not doing it, and I don't plan to. But that doesn't make me a hero or anything.

(I already know I'm amazing and the best person ever, so I'm happy to wait a little bit longer before I add "hero" to my list of awesomeness)

So wait....there is literally ONE asteroid in a ring system somewhere that has four Sub surface LTD deposits on it? And you can mine those SSD's and then launch your SLF and the SSD's replenish? And it's literally one asteroid that EVERYONE is doing this on?

That's so incredibly stupid.
This should be a ganker's paradise if anyone is brave enough to work on this egg in open.

This should be a ganker's paradise if anyone is brave enough to work on this egg in open.
Nobody is going to do it in open. Even if it was not a gankathon, people would jump in just to find someone else mining it.

So wait....there is literally ONE asteroid in a ring system somewhere that has four Sub surface LTD deposits on it?
There are many rocks with four SSDs on them. The particular case with the ones people are using is that they have little or no spin and are easy to find.

And you can mine those SSD's and then launch your SLF and the SSD's replenish?
Yup.

And it's literally one asteroid that EVERYONE is doing this on?
Again, not everyone. Just a lot of people.

Nobody is going to do it in open. Even if it was not a gankathon, people would jump in just to find someone else mining it.
There are many rocks with four SSDs on them. The particular case with the ones people are using is that they have little or no spin and are easy to find.
Yup.
Again, not everyone. Just a lot of people.
In a twisted way, I admire you guys. I tried to mine my way to billions. I made it 90 tonnes in and nearly went mad from the boredom. Whatever engineer that was that I unlocked by mining 50 tonnes of whatever....that nearly put me out of the game altogether...and that was before collector limpets were a thing. I remember when I did that again on my PC account years later thinking "This is MUCH easier with these limpet thingies." Even still, though....I just can't do it. So I'll remain relatively poor, in galactic standards. Four year CMDR across two accounts and my net worth is just under 7billion for both.

In a twisted way, I admire you guys. I tried to mine my way to billions. I made it 90 tonnes in and nearly went mad from the boredom. Whatever engineer that was that I unlocked by mining 50 tonnes of whatever....that nearly put me out of the game altogether...and that was before collector limpets were a thing. I remember when I did that again on my PC account years later thinking "This is MUCH easier with these limpet thingies." Even still, though....I just can't do it. So I'll remain relatively poor, in galactic standards. Four year CMDR across two accounts and my net worth is just under 7billion for both.
Painite. It was then I realized mining was not for me. It changes the motivation a bit when its for so many credits, but still hard to swallow.

Painite. It was then I realized mining was not for me. It changes the motivation a bit when its for so many credits, but still hard to swallow.
I did the math after I had the 90 or so tonnes. I think I made roughly 100 million when I sold them. And it took me about an hour or so. So , 100 million an hour? Not bad, I thought. I did the math and realized that, at my skill level of mining, it would take me FIFTY hours of doing nothing but mining, I gave up hope of ever owning a fleet carrier. No way I can stomach that.

I did the math after I had the 90 or so tonnes. I think I made roughly 100 million when I sold them. And it took me about an hour or so. So , 100 million an hour? Not bad, I thought. I did the math and realized that, at my skill level of mining, it would take me FIFTY hours of doing nothing but mining, I gave up hope of ever owning a fleet carrier. No way I can stomach that.
That was about my rate as well. Waiting for a good price can fetch you 144 million on that 90LTDs, but without a carrier, you have to sell at the best price at the time so you can keep on mining. But once you get the carrier, you pay for the cost of it and then some (without mining at all).

That was about my rate as well. Waiting for a good price can fetch you 144 million on that 90LTDs, but without a carrier, you have to sell at the best price at the time so you can keep on mining. But once you get the carrier, you pay for the cost of it and then some (without mining at all).
Aye...the old adage about having money to make money seems very fitting.

Top Bottom