A new LTD3 has just been discovered (credit to /u/mitro735)

This is Pavlov's experiment all over again!

FD is conditioning a response to these bonanzas so everyone will be "satisfied" with mining for LTDs and "forget" about the fact that it's grind.

Have to hand it to them, it's working to some extent as "emergent game play", but it reveals the game limits once again (scan/shoot/scoop/fly/fetch/carry/drive).

So wait....there is literally ONE asteroid in a ring system somewhere that has four Sub surface LTD deposits on it? And you can mine those SSD's and then launch your SLF and the SSD's replenish? And it's literally one asteroid that EVERYONE is doing this on?

That's so incredibly stupid.

In a nutshell, yes.

There are probably a few, but people want the one that doesn't move, so the majority follow the signpost directions to literally this one bleeding rock.

It should have it's first letter replaced with a "c" as it'd be rather inappropriately appropriate! I obviously mean it should be called "crock."

Wasn't console procgen locations different from PC ones? I vaguely remember reading about console commanders unable to find the egg?

Nope, not different. Same locations, but fewer

Lets say that on PC the spawn of asteroids is at 100%
On XB (most probably on PS too) the spawn level it's like 50% or maybe less.
Which means that a lot of asteroids that spawn on PC do NOT spawn on XB.
And which also means that all the asteroids from XB can also be found on PC too

So on the consoles the 25km spot where the famous PC EGG exists is just an empty space... nothing there...
Bad luck!

But, there is another one that is 74km away which do exists on consoles too and the console plebs can reap the benefits of easy going LTD's...
But apparently mining that EGG is not that profitable as the main one... i tested it and got like *450-480t per hour, which is not much better than mapped mining on PC

*(the SSD yield is quite random, some take only 3 missile to empty while the best can take 8 missiles to empty)

Deleted member 182079

D
This should be a ganker's paradise if anyone is brave enough to work on this egg in open.
It's not unfortunately. I tried often enough to instance with someone a couple of weeks ago and ultimately gave up:p

You're the one who's not making sense. When the patch notes say they "fixed" something but it's still broken; then the only possible conclusion is that the fix failed.

The patch notes clearly stated that ship launched fighters could no longer reset SSDs, as this isn't the case their fix failed. If this bug was something that blew up player's ships instead of granting diamonds everyone would be on the same page that it is not in fact fixed. Issue is lots of players want to keep exploiting this, so they make up excuses why it's alright.

They did change the way the SSD's respawn. How they are behaving now is different from how they used to be.

It's not for me (or you) to decide what the intended respawn mechanism is and what can be called a bug. It's something only fdev can tell. And they said there had been a bug, they made some changes to the code, and then they clearly stated that the bug had been fixed. Not that they "tried to fix it". Like it or not, this is the fixed version.

Last edited:
Well, first we need a tourist beacon in Borann ...
I've never been to Borann, but it seems to me it was regular mining place, only popular because of triple hotspot.
Now, one asteroid mined by all seems like something worthy of a memorial.
After all those weeks, those miners probably discovered it has personality and talk to it on regular basis.
d99a8f337afdbdf2cd7b68670c75d8ab.jpg

Can confirm it's not "everyone".
I've got all the credits I need, and I'm "mined out" for the foreseeable future. Overlaps/eggs/whatever, I'm done with mining for a while, lol.
Ditto, I'v not even touched this gameplay & don't really need to.

Still out in the black with my Carrier & Exploring, but I'v yet to come across any double hotspots of note, these thing are rare!.......nothing wrong in that.

Top Bottom