a new project: Elite slow

Ok, I haven't been playing much the last couple days, but I finally snuck the famous explorer back in.
Moving people and goods around is only part of the game. I'll try my hand at bounty hunting.
Is the Viper III a good starter ship you think?

Last edited:
Spread the exploration data around and it got me a Sirius permit. Went over to look what all the fuss was about, was seriously disappointed, not much going on there.

Anyway, got the Viper Mk III.

viper mk III.jpg

She looks the part, but for now she's HMS Clawless.
Any suggestions on kitting her out? I only have access to Elvira and Felicity at the moment.
Any tips on bounty hunting?

Last edited:
This is the build I came up with. Any suggestions? Got a couple of kills under my belt so it can't be all bad. Could have gotten a few more, but they got away from me.

Made it to mostly harmless and got an invite from Tod McQuinn. Looks like I'm going to get overcharged multi-cannons.
The problem is, the Viper Mk III is not really an inter-systems ship. Even with an A-rated FSD, she's not jumping far. So how do I get her to Tod McQuinn? :unsure:

Last edited:
For Vulture: get at least lvl1 upgrade for powerplant + monstered by Felicity Farseer. That ship is really awesome when you have some extra power to run all its gear :)

For Vulture: get at least lvl1 upgrade for powerplant + monstered by Felicity Farseer. That ship is really awesome when you have some extra power to run all its gear :)
It works just fine as it is. But I still could get the upgrade I suppose.

Started laser mining in the Cobra 49er because I need the money.

cobra 49er.jpg

If you think I'm only transporting passengers and exploring, you are wrong my fans. :cool:

The vulture is my combat ship, as you can read here.
And the Cobra Mk III is my mining ship, read here.

A lot happened today
  • Got an invite from Selene Jean.
  • Bought an Asp Explorer to go visit her.
  • Put the free paint job on it we got from Frontier. Thanks guys.
  • Handed Selene some exploration data and got invites from
    • Didi Vatermann and
    • Bill turner
Asp X.jpg

The newest addition to my fleet, the Asp Explorer in it's new paint job.

A quick update.
  • Went to Didi and did some upgrades.
  • Needed extra money so I went scouting, decided to take the old "rare goods" round
  • That brought me near Deciat, so I decided to swing by Felicity Farseer to get the power plant on my Vulture engineered
  • Got interdicted and killed and lost over 12 MCr exploration data 😖
  • But got through on the second attempt.
  • Continued the rare goods round
  • Delivered the exploration data at a station controlled by the Alioth Independents
  • Got Alioth permit so I could access Bill Turner
Still need to make more money.

Last edited:
Extra like for helping my PMF :)

What free paint job? How you get that? been ages since I been in the Asp so I may have it already.

You can get a free, exclusive paint job by signing up for the FDev newsletter.

A lot happened today.
  • Went mining for bromelite but found painite and tritium instead. 😖
  • Got promoted to Elite trader ! ! !
    Elite.jpg
  • Received founders world permit
  • Got promoted to expert combat rank
    Expert.jpg
Still, lots to do.

Гo commanders

Last edited:
After yesterdays excitement, I only did some trades today and got mucho dinero.

But I need your help naming my Asp X.

Here is my current fleet:
  • Sidewinder: named Buggy as it is only used during the weekend for flying around for fun.
  • Viper Mk III: mothballed but was used to help the police fight crime. Still not named.
  • The Cobra Mk III is used for mining and is named Miner 49er. Did you know the 49er is also a sailing dinghy?
  • Dolphin: used for passenger missions and deep space data gathering. Named "Blue Moon" in honor of Cybill Shepherd
  • Vulture: used to help the police fight crime. Named "the wedge" for obvious reasons. I also considered Murcielago, again for obvious reasons.
  • Asp X: used for trading and moving around. Will be used for deep space exploration when the Python, or possibly Krait Mk II becomes available for trading.
Pictures will follow.
So I need a good name for the Axp X and also for the Viper Mk III.

Thwarptide

Banned
In my opinion, making money is far to easy in the game and taking away of the anticipation of saving up for a new ship.

Go play Eve Online if you like low wages, slow ways to make isks and buying disproportionately expensive ships then. It's mind-numbing. If you pull in 40,000 isk every 10 hrs, your the best of the productive bunch. Most pull in 18 in 5-6 hrs. On a long enough time, you'll be able to afford that 350,000,000isk battleship. But, when you get blowed up, you get the ship back, no insurance copay.

Last edited:
This miner, son of a miner, decided that he wanted to be an officer and a gentleman. In the imperial navy no less.
So I replaced the refinery with a scoop, put a fancy schmancy docking computer on ol' 49er (oh the sneers I got from the other miners :eek: ) and on my way Ngalinn, since I heard that's where all the hot shot 👨‍✈️ go.

Wish me luck guys!
o7

-----

dear mom and dad,
a quick update. I arrived at the station ok, however the old 49er caused quite a few frowns. Everybody is flying imperial ships here.
Anyway, they liked the exploration data I brought, they didn't snigger at that. Never arrive empty handed eh? That got me started on the first missions.
your loving son.

Last edited:
Dear mom and dad,

Today I got "promoted", to the rank of outsider.
I really think flying the 49er is holding me back and I'm looking for an Imperial Eagle. All the others are flying that.
Don't worry, I'll bring the Cobra back in one piece.

Your loving son

Dear mom and dad,

I finally went off-station and got an Imperial Eagle. It's a nice looking ship but not very practical I'm afraid. I even had to reduce the standard shielding to put a cargo rack on.

Imperial Eagle.jpg

I couldn't get it delivered so had to put the Cobra in storage. Don't worry, I'll get her back in one piece.
They seemed mighty interested in the mods dad did to her engine though.
This is nearly the color I went with, turns out the cool color all the other cadets are raving about is hardly distinguishable from the standard. So I thought I'd save myself some money. As I had to put down extra cash to make the bird fly worthy. Stock she won't even leave the system. 😖

I hope you appreciate the name I've put on her. ;)

Your loving son.

Dear mother,

Hope dad will be feeling better soon.
No, I didn't know this was the first ever Imperial ship in our family. Whether that is something to be proud of?
The last message was sent from the shipyard and on leaving there, I immediately got better assignments. Looks like Imperial Navy is spelled C O R R U P T.
Anyway, got promoted to serf.
Upon returning to the academy, it was immediately clear to everybody but me I got the wrong ship. ;)
  • The color is completely wrong. Squinting under certain lighting conditions, the difference is blatantly obvious.
  • Reducing the shield for cargo is a big no no.
  • The extra fuel tank good a couple of good laughs also.
Thank God I didn't fit her with a fuel scoop.
Even with this wrong ship, everybody seems more friendly and the girls smile more at me than laugh with me.

Your loving son

Last edited:
Tadaaa

imp courier.jpg

Don't worry mom, I didn't waste the family fortune on it, it's not my ship. I'm just here to pick her up and fly the graduates to Achenar for a ceremony. I shouldn't like that, but this bird is so much fun to fly, I just can't help myself.

Dad still not better? The doctors know what they're doing right?

I'll return home soon and bring the Cobra back.

o7 mother

Top Bottom