ANNOUNCEMENT A New Update is Coming 17 September!

Finally a seperate sandbox mode, still no extra sandbox mode options though such as instant building complete or instant incubation. 2 minor options that would be usefull specially for content creators that do live building streams

And an option to sgart with a flat bare island would have been great.

One negative downside on the new sandbox mode, youhave to unlock all the skins again even the ones for the ranger jeeps and acuhelicopter. Can we please get an update that truly unlocks everything in sandbox mode because I want to justcreate my parks not having to unlock all again.

One negative downside on the new sandbox mode, youhave to unlock all the skins again even the ones for the ranger jeeps and acuhelicopter. Can we please get an update that truly unlocks everything in sandbox mode because I want to justcreate my parks not having to unlock all again.
If you have a campaign save with everything unlocked in, then everything should be unlocked in the sandbox islands.

Yea I've got the same issue, my main save I've unlocked pretty much everything, went to sandbox on Sorna to start my safari exhibit only to find I needed to research it, same with the Paleofeeders ...Again. I've been using them both on my Nublar map, and that was the save I loaded up to use the DLC with.

If you have a campaign save with everything unlocked in, then everything should be unlocked in the sandbox islands.

Doesnt work for the vehicle skins, you need to unlock them again for every single island. As a content creator this is a serieus pain the behind because now everytime you want to create a jurassic park andwantthat vehicle skin for story telling then you first need to make a hill again and jump for 5 seconds air time just to unlock the skin and then remodel the terrain again. What we need is for everything to simply be unlocked like a true sandbox mode.

O and its not just that you need to unlock them for every single island again but also have to do it again if you restart the sandbox island. Crazy

Doesnt work for the vehicle skins, you need to unlock them again for every single island. As a content creator this is a serieus pain the behind because now everytime you want to create a jurassic park andwantthat vehicle skin for story telling then you first need to make a hill again and jump for 5 seconds air time just to unlock the skin and then remodel the terrain again. What we need is for everything to simply be unlocked like a true sandbox mode.

O and its not just that you need to unlock them for every single island again but also have to do it again if you restart the sandbox island. Crazy
I agree, that's a pain.
I wasn't aware of this and assumed everything would be unlocked that you already unlocked before.

Coming back to comment just the same after having some time to try the update...

Was expecting some kind of disappointment, since every single update so far has been welcome and needed, but disappointing nevertheless, so I suppose this is it.

Really, I don't know what the problem is to have it all unlocked on Sandbox, specially since we are already forced to unlock all the newest stuff in the Campaign mode which would be our first and main save even if only because it was the first of all :(

Also, there should be a way to have the map in question deforested and drained. I wouldn't even ask for an option to have it all flattened so as not having to spend hours doing precisely that everytime one wants to try a new something on the new sigh

Yea I've got the same issue, my main save I've unlocked pretty much everything, went to sandbox on Sorna to start my safari exhibit only to find I needed to research it, same with the Paleofeeders ...Again. I've been using them both on my Nublar map, and that was the save I loaded up to use the DLC with.
The vehicle skins yes, you'll need to re-unlock those. But everything else is unlocked if it has been unlocked once in the campaign mode.
If you're having trouble with some things not being unlocked for some reason, maybe try loading up a recent campaign save. Tacano Research Facility was locked for me even though I had finished the map before. It might be because that wasn't on my main save where I don't have that map finished because I don't want ugly hybrids in my dino list. But once I loaded up the latest save of Tacano Research Facility it was unlocked in sandbox as well. All research was unlocked as well.

Last edited:
Okay, need edit this. My son's account, concrete fence is not available and he had it unlocked. Also, no bar, no arcade and bowling alley, all of which he has unlocked and available in campaign mode. Is there something else he needs to do to get that back?

I have an account as well and mine works just fine, so not sure what the difference is. Maybe it is the island he attained those on is not unlocked in sandbox?

Last edited:
Many bugs on sandbox mode, for one island things like buildings are unlocked for another they are not, same for dino skins and research. Whatthey need to do is just make it a true sandbox and just make it so when you play sandbox mode everything is unlocked, islands, skins, dino's, buildings, vehicle skins etc. Dont see why they csnt give us content creators a normal working sandbox mode like we have in planet coaster where everything is unlocked from the start, no need to unlock things which we shouldnt need to its called sandbox mode for a reason

This update sucks, because all the stuff I used to able to use, is now locked, for example, I unlocked all the dinosaurs, and now almost 1/3 are blacked out like I never even unlocked them. This update screwed me over and now I've lost all respect for Frontier. I hope y'all fix the damn sandbox mode, because crap like that shouldn't happen. "Great" freaking customer service by the way.

Last edited:
@Hullreaver @FunGaming @Chicken Raptor

Hey, so I have everything unlocked in my sandbox modes. I believe it depends not unlocking each dinosaur and object in campaign mode, but 4 starring the maps those unlocks are from. The campaign game I loaded was the one where I 5 star all of my maps. Could I ask if you were able to 4 star all island of death maps in campaign mode? So heavy fences for example are available if you were able to 4 star isla pena.

@FunGaming

I went ahead and posted the issue on the issue tracker. Hopefully this could be resolved soon as it would be homework to re-unlock all of the vehicle skins each time we start or reset a sandbox map.

Steggs

Community Manager
Frontier
This update sucks, because all the stuff I used to able to use, is now locked, for example, I unlocked all the dinosaurs, and now almost 1/3 are blacked out like I never even unlocked them. This update screwed me over and now I've lost all respect for Frontier. I hope y'all fix the damn sandbox mode, because crap like that shouldn't happen. "Great" freaking customer service by the way.

If you don't have your previous unlocks in sandbox mode, please re-load your last campaign save and then go back to the main menu. This should ensure everything you've previously unlocked in campaign is still unlocked in sandbox. If this doesn't work, please get in touch with our support team who will be happy to assist - https://issues.frontierstore.net/

And like me and others said before vehicle skins simply do not unlock, you are forced to unlock them for every single island every single time.

Also Asking again make it a true sandbox where everything is simply unlocked like a sandbox suppose to be. Andto answer the question asked a few posts up. Not everyone plays the campaign, a lot of content creators only play sandbox because they try to tell a story about dino's and everything around it or simply let their imagination run wild and build a dream park. For that reason already sandbox modes exist to be free to play the way you want without having to worry about unlocks etc.

Devs many times tells that gameplay model in JWE never ever happened. Simply because campain itself is basically tutorial. If you want something different, it's sad, yes, but that is it.
And i think that locked Ranger's skins is actually bug and it will be fixed in 1.10.2 update.

But in standalone SB will maybe add InGenDB. That is personally much more important, like the jeep skin (yes i don't change vehicle skin offten).

And like me and others said before vehicle skins simply do not unlock, you are forced to unlock them for every single island every single time.

Also Asking again make it a true sandbox where everything is simply unlocked like a sandbox suppose to be. Andto answer the question asked a few posts up. Not everyone plays the campaign, a lot of content creators only play sandbox because they try to tell a story about dino's and everything around it or simply let their imagination run wild and build a dream park. For that reason already sandbox modes exist to be free to play the way you want without having to worry about unlocks etc.

What's the fun in purchasing a game that's already completed. If you didn't have to unlock things through a Campaign, I probably wouldn't have bought the game. No fun in that...

If you don't have your previous unlocks in sandbox mode, please re-load your last campaign save and then go back to the main menu. This should ensure everything you've previously unlocked in campaign is still unlocked in sandbox. If this doesn't work, please get in touch with our support team who will be happy to assist - https://issues.frontierstore.net/

Thanks Steggs, that worked for me!
Also...
Hey Steggs, my man! I assume you like the in-game steggs, I mean who doesn't. Any chance Steggs, that would could update the in-game steggs so that they are less finicky about population and social requirements? I mean, we really want an in-game steggs as amiable and nice as the real Steggs, if you know what I mean.

So none of my previous campaign saves are good anymore they seem to have restarted some islands and have things that were unlocked as locked again. So now I’m order for me to use everything in sandbox mode that I had originally unlocked on my first play through, I’m gonna have to redo most of the campaign now? Or the islands etc they are telling me certain things are locked again. Certain dinosaurs, genes, attractions etc are locked.

Pretty frustrating that this happened now and I seem to have to replay all that and unlock it again just to get it to be accessible in sandbox.

Ok thanks Steggs, sorry for the rude behavior, I was just kinda annoyed at the thought of having to unlock all of my stuff again. Most of the stuff I said was said out of anger and was not post to be taken seriously. And by the way, y'all really do have great customer service, better than some companies I know("cough" EA).

Top Bottom