A Nice New Ship For Stomping NPCs. Advice?

Read the OP and was going to reply with the Chief, oh look what a surprise :LOL:

Anyway, as everyone said before me, if you loved the DBS you'll probably love the Chief. It's nimble enough and has just the right amount of drift to make it a hard target in FA Off. All while packing a decent punch in the meantime. I've equipped mine as a cannon gunboat, it's far from the most efficient min-max meta build, but punching holes through Annies power plants or instagibbing Eagles and Sideys is great amounts of fun.

Just beware of its canopy though. It's made of the same substance of which dreams are made.

Corvette.

Then click on this just before arriving in a RES.

lwU3hUn.png

Only a madman would aspire to such power😱

Read the OP and was going to reply with the Chief, oh look what a surprise :LOL:

Anyway, as everyone said before me, if you loved the DBS you'll probably love the Chief. It's nimble enough and has just the right amount of drift to make it a hard target in FA Off. All while packing a decent punch in the meantime. I've equipped mine as a cannon gunboat, it's far from the most efficient min-max meta build, but punching holes through Annies power plants or instagibbing Eagles and Sideys is great amounts of fun.

Just beware of its canopy though. It's made of the same substance of which dreams are made.

So, I may be in for a bit of snap, crackle and pop!?

You’ve all been very helpful in helping me decide.
Excellent stuff.
And thanks for the loadout suggestions.
Love rails ❤

Good hunting! If you see a Krait Phantom running away in the HazRes it's probably me! :p You're not from Miyazaki-ken by any chance, are you? LOL

o7

More seriously, I believe that the Alliance tank-ships are considered pretty special as "heavy fighters" although, personally, I prefer the Krait due to it's neutral handling and super-efficient boost.

If you really want "overkill" though, you don't want to be dogfighting at all.
That's when you want to arrive at a knife-fight with a bazooka.

You can't beat deliberately stopping in the middle of a CZ and just destroying everything without getting your shield dented.
For that, you can't beat the Corvette or, failing that, an Annie.

More seriously, I believe that the Alliance tank-ships are considered pretty special as "heavy fighters" although, personally, I prefer the Krait due to it's neutral handling and super-efficient boost.

If you really want "overkill" though, you don't want to be dogfighting at all.
That's when you want to arrive at a knife-fight with a bazooka.

You can't beat deliberately stopping in the middle of a CZ and just destroying everything without getting your shield dented.
For that, you can't beat the Corvette or, failing that, an Annie.
Fit two of them. Or you will lose your hardpoints real quick. It may be convenient for the offence to have them all in one place but a few missiles in there and they start to malfunction. That's why I also installed a pair of point defence systems.

Jolly helpful.
I am one to get hit I’m afraid.
I have an anaconda but wanted something a bit more “cheeky”. Like the advice about the point defense. Never really rocked it before.

Didn't mean to be intrusive, oops! I was visiting family in Kumamoto a while back and we daytripped through Hyuga going from Miyazaki to Nobeoka. It's a cute station! (^_^)

No, no! No problem whatsoever!
I was Just amazed and “small worlded”, as it were!
Nice place. Tokyo now though. No mask no life, and all that 😱

Lots of Chieftain votes. Just want to chime back in to mention that, while excellent ships, and I took out my first Cyclops in my Crusader, their weak point IS the canopy. It was ALWAYS the first thing to go against the bug. In PVE/X it will be the outboard drives falling prey. That being said, I still recommend the FGS, or even the FAS, for mindless pew. They are concrete blocks with rockets on them. My favorite at the moment is an all Shock Cannon+SLF Gunship. A CNB with a nearby outpost keeps the action going for hours. o7
X.

No, no! No problem whatsoever!
I was Just amazed and “small worlded”, as it were!
Nice place. Tokyo now though. No mask no life, and all that 😱

Ah, Tokyo! Natsukashii. I'm in Hawaii myself, but visit every chance I get. Stay safe over there!

Alot of votes here for ships that would make a Haz Res....well....boring!
If you want to farm mat's OP - sure, take any big ship and clean up.

But, against NPC's? Sidewinder ftw! (It keeps things interesting!)
I suppose I could settle for an Eagle or a Hauler though ;)

Alot of votes here for ships that would make a Haz Res....well....boring!
If you want to farm mat's OP - sure, take any big ship and clean up.

But, against NPC's? Sidewinder ftw! (It keeps things interesting!)
I suppose I could settle for an Eagle or a Hauler though ;)

Sidey eh😄
It’ll certainly make for a short session in my case.

Top Bottom