A Nice New Ship For Stomping NPCs. Advice?

Hey everyone. What it says in the title!

I’m looking to buy, kit up and gradually engineer a new battle-centric ship for some Haz-Rez NPC murderage.
I have the idea that I’d like to try the Krait II / Phantom or Mamba as I haven’t yet sat in any of them, and they all seem to be in a similar bracket. (Please correct me if I’m wrong!)
They strike me as a good size for what I (imagine) I want. I’m not really bothered about a lumbering superfortress- I don’t have the rank for Corvette or Cutter in any case- but I would like some decent firepower.
Up to now my fighting has all been done in Vipers, DBSs and Cobras. I love the nippy ships, and the feeling of fighting “against the odds”, but recently I’m feeling the need for some straight up overkill.
So, calling all you dashing flyboys- even the gin-sodden Biggles impersonators and half-arsed pseudo-pirates. A lamb chop and a yard o’ grog for the most compelling advice!
It may even prove therapeutic to discuss something other than minerals and credits!

Regards.

Well you practicaly answered the question yourself. Either of Krait (or Python) or Mamba will do what you want, but to correct you where you are wrong, Kraits and Python are multipurpose ships, while Mamba is basically build for only combat, so I wouldn't count them in the same bracket. So if you're investing in only one ship I would have to recommend a multi-role one.
Another option you might check out is the Chieftain, great ship, fun to fly, very combat capable, and scales really well with engineering.
If you like nimble little ships, you could also check out Vulture, it's much cheaper and a big upgrade in firepower compared to small ships.

In the end I would say choose depending on what ship you like visually. If you're doing NPC hunting you're already overkilling it with any engineered ship, so it won't make that much of a difference what you choose. And with the payout increases over the years, you can afford to test all of them out in no time (yes, even without mining).

Fly safe. o7

You'll get dozens of replies with hundreds of module combinations and end up with your own. So, have a nice thread :)

PS
For your goal, I use full-turret-beams Anaconda (because unlimited ammo) when I farm mats in HazRes with copilot.
For ocassional hunt and kill I use Corvette with 2x huge multicannons, rest is mostly beams.
All heavily engineerred to G5.
o7

Chieftain’s looking interesting.
And so reasonably-priced!
Didn’t know about the distinction between Kraits and Mambas.
Thanks very much for all this info.

Krait Mk2
Or federal gunship with ALL THE MULTICANNONS (and some packhounds because if you don't have packhounds on a ship, you've gone wrong somewhere)

Or federal gunship with ALL THE MULTICANNONS (and some packhounds because if you don't have packhounds on a ship, you've gone wrong somewhere)
Did you try this first-hand?
I planned to make a full-MC Conda, with all thermal and 1 corossive engineering (ship that would fit into Expanse, lol) but can't afford to spend tons of rare mats on such weapons experiment just to see what happens.

Did you try this first-hand?
I planned to make a full-MC Conda, with all thermal and 1 corossive engineering (ship that would fit into Expanse, lol) but can't afford to spend tons of rare mats on such weapons experiment just to see what happens.

Yes, it's great, chuck some experimental thermal rounds on a couple of them.

Hey everyone. What it says in the title!

I’m looking to buy, kit up and gradually engineer a new battle-centric ship for some Haz-Rez NPC murderage.
I have the idea that I’d like to try the Krait II / Phantom or Mamba as I haven’t yet sat in any of them, and they all seem to be in a similar bracket. (Please correct me if I’m wrong!)
They strike me as a good size for what I (imagine) I want. I’m not really bothered about a lumbering superfortress- I don’t have the rank for Corvette or Cutter in any case- but I would like some decent firepower.
Up to now my fighting has all been done in Vipers, DBSs and Cobras. I love the nippy ships, and the feeling of fighting “against the odds”, but recently I’m feeling the need for some straight up overkill.
So, calling all you dashing flyboys- even the gin-sodden Biggles impersonators and half-arsed pseudo-pirates. A lamb chop and a yard o’ grog for the most compelling advice!
It may even prove therapeutic to discuss something other than minerals and credits!

Regards.

+1 as well for the Chieftain, which is a blast to fly while spreading destruction. It's also about half the cost of a FGS or a Krait (less than half, actually) and far more agile than either as well.

o7

You’ve all been very helpful in helping me decide.
Excellent stuff.
And thanks for the loadout suggestions.
Love rails ❤️

Corvette.

Then click on this just before arriving in a RES.

lwU3hUn.png

Top Bottom