A question: Are you a lone flyer or do you move with friends?

I usually fly on my own. But I'm still out on DW2 and made some friends in fc. I like it, I'm still 65kys outside and I've noticed that quite a bunch of people rushed back to the bubble after reaching bp. I'll take the long way in western direction to get home again o7

I've been doing a lot of soul-searching in ED lately, as to what kind of pilot I am.

For the longest time I thought I would be a social CMDR. You might think that would be the case with the amount I've posted in this community.

But no. I just can't play this delightful game unless I'm on my own. It's reached a peak. I deleted my entire friends list just now in the game, and as such, nobody can see where I am unless they share an instance with me.

And I'm much happier for it.

I've even gone so far as to clear all my wing/MC related bindings: I've never used them, and at this point it's clear I never will.

But I would ask of you, CMDRs, are you, like me, a person who prefers to control his own destiny, or would you seek out allies and forge an empire?
I'm a lone commander too. Just me and my one and only ship. Freedom. :)

Unless you hover around CGs or Jameson or engage in PvP regularly...it's kind of hard to not fly solo. I flew in Open all the time, but rarely see another commander. I'd probably play Elite more these days if I had a group to fly with, but then again, I dunno the community aspect would actually hold the game up for me. I can think of a lot of other titles I'd rather play with friends. Don't get me wrong, I like Elite - but I don't think it has enough meat on its bones to keep a group entertained unless you just like PvP with each other.

And CQC is...well, yeah. So I pretty much fly solo. I play other, more 'group fun' games, with my friends.

Unless you hover around CGs or Jameson or engage in PvP regularly...it's kind of hard to not fly solo. I flew in Open all the time, but rarely see another commander. I'd probably play Elite more these days if I had a group to fly with, but then again, I dunno the community aspect would actually hold the game up for me. I can think of a lot of other titles I'd rather play with friends. Don't get me wrong, I like Elite - but I don't think it has enough meat on its bones to keep a group entertained unless you just like PvP with each other.

And CQC is...well, yeah. So I pretty much fly solo. I play other, more 'group fun' games, with my friends.
I think the idea is that tools like squadrons & friend lists allow you to locate other players & go to the hotspots of activity. If you drink at home you will be safe but only meet people you already know. If you go to a nightclub you'll meet lots of new people but might get into a fight.

Top Bottom