A question: Are you a lone flyer or do you move with friends?

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
Always alone. The vastness of space deserves solitude. I hopefully listen to Galnet articles in the event the Thargoids have blown the rest of you up.

Normally, I fly alone in open. Did one community goal combat and did a wing with 2 others but as I use voice attack, my commands kept being sent to the wing. Both of the wing mates were more experienced with combat and enjoyed hearing me die over and over. But they were a bit annoyed with the constant commands.
Have not joined another wing since.

Solo game mode and play style. After near 20 years of playing games online I tend to only play with the wife.

I have made some good friends over the years tho. Even met the wife via an mmo. Now I just like to do my own thing.

Both are fun. I usually fly alone simply due to location/tasks/timezones not aligning but I do it in open and frequently natter with people in passing and on my friends list.

The most wing fun I've had is thargoid CZ's where you really need to help each other out.

I do a lot alone, by nature of the game - which is party annoying. I'd love to do more together with the right people.
For example I like to do missions with friends, but because they not always are wing missions, I can't actively help with assassination missions for example without getting notoriety.
But generally I'm quite social in game and that caused more then one loop of shame because I just had to finish the chat.
It's mostly confined to ingame chat though, because I'm not a big fan of discord etc...
But generally having a cool group to do stuff is way better then solo imho.

I do my own thing, but sometimes will log into the squadron discord voice channel as I do so.

Others are always welcome to join me as I do my own thing. ;)

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Generally doing my own thing - however, when involved in a group endeavour, co-ordinate via Discord and make progress. The beauty of this game is that a common goal can be achieved by players who are never actually instanced together - and, with the addition of pan-modal system chat, don't even need to play in a multi-player mode to "feel" that there are other players around.

Exactly. I don't want to mess with outside communication programs. In other MMOs I met players and made friends through in game communication channels. Despite the addition of squadrons, E: D seems designed to keep us isolated. I've gotten to know some players through an Elite Facebook group but that hasn't carried over into the game. The one thing I truly miss from my wasted years of playing Eve Online is the multitude of in game communication channels.
Elite is a deeper universe than most games, so I don't mind having to use extra tools to navigate it. I use EDDI, discord, and keep Inara up on my phone/tablet. In the technological age of ED, it makes sense to have the... Omninet at ones fingertips. Actually adds to the immersion for me.

I'm a lone flyer.

Though I don't mind bumping into the odd cmdr every now & then and I've got a choice of PG's to load the game into, I very rarely wing up & have never done multi-crew or met up with another cmdr at a set time & place

I'm usually alone, but not by choice. Lol

My game time limits the amount of players I'm online with, so I rarely see anyone.
Which is a shame because I love co-op more than anything.
Curious, limited amount of time, or unusual time of day that you play? If the latter, you could find a squadron that is based in a different time zone so they are on at the same time. :)

lone wolf because:

1) trying to influence bgs is faster done alone
2) wing missions are broken
3) powerplay is broken
4) multicrew is broken
5) I am broken

Sure that is not in reverse order :)

Actually I am curious about yor "trying to influecne bgs" reason. I thought there were commander change caps, so your proposition is counter-intuitive to me. Could you elaborate?

Simon

Curious, limited amount of time, or unusual time of day that you play? If the latter, you could find a squadron that is based in a different time zone so they are on at the same time. :)
Both. Lol
Basically some Monday day times (GMT).
Most Friday day
Some Saturday mornings.

I see some of my squadron on Friday and Saturday, but Monday is pretty quiet.
But then even in hot spots on a Monday, I can be alone.
I docked safely at Jameson momorial in open once, no players in supercruise, no players docked. Lol
It was a bit eerie to be honest.

I've really tried to be sociable. I've even gone on DW2, being all sociable and that. But, truth be told, even when I'm nominally with a large group I'm still on my own. I never really talk to anyone, never go anywhere or do stuff with anyone. I suppose, deep down, I play games to escape from having to be with people.

Also... I decide what I want to do, and then I do it. I have a structure, a plan (I'm autistic, my whole world is structure). If other people are involved, they might interfere with that. And I can't really deal with that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom