Dinosaurs General Gameplay A really cool idea for the Homalo that could be implemented for it and any future herbivore with a similar size and rig

So you know how Homalo is mega cute and easily the smallest animal we’ve ever gotten? Why is it tho guests run away from them even when they’re just casually strolling and I imagine they also go flying and die by touching them. So maybe later on, we could get a patch or a update that makes it so guests don’t panic around Homalo’s. We can actually have them as safe wild life roaming around the park. And new small herbivores that fit its size could eventually be in that same niche. And this system could be practical for dinosaur visibility if paths ever get a viewing radius attached to them like people have said. And even if it doesn’t happen, roaming Homalo’s would still just be a nice way to spice up our parks and maybe increase dino rating a little in islands or areas too small for a proper exhibit.

Well... only maybe. But if it were to become a thing, it should be the only dinosaur to do so unless other tiny herbivores of similar size could do the same, but my advise, none with sharp beaks, if you know what I mean by that. Another thing is, it would have to be so that human contact with it doesn't make them fly back, because here's a thing, goats are considered as "dinosaur entities" by technical standards, and they can actually do the same if they make human contact from what I've heard/read elsewhere.

But the concept of free roaming Homalocephale itself sound interesting enough to me. It could very well be the extinct equivalent of the peacocks you would see in some zoos.

Last edited:
Well... only maybe. But if it were to become a thing, it should be the only dinosaur to do so unless other tiny herbivores of similar size could do the same, but my advise, none with sharp beaks, if you know what I mean by that. Another thing is, it would have to be so that human contact with it doesn't make them fly back, because here's a thing, goats are considered as "dinosaur entities" by technical standards, and they can actually do the same if they make human contact from what I've heard/read elsewhere.

But the concept of free roaming Homalocephale itself sound interesting enough to me. It could very well be the extinct equivalent of the peacocks you would see in some zoos.
It would be interesting if they could roam around, maybe avoiding crowded paths. In a crowded area the player could make an "island" between paths and they would hang out there (if they had food and water). However, if a storm came those little guys wouldn't look so cute to guests anymore. With no security, chaos would ensue.

I never played JPOG but I thought that this dinosaur and maybe dryosaur could roam free without hurting your guests. I think both of these should be able to roam around guests without hurting anyone but if it had to be one and only one then hamo for sure. would also be nice if they had paths to cut through enclosures so people can see said dinos.

The idea of letting animals roam the park freely is ridiculous... without boundaries they can easily roam into areas they shouldn't go, eat food (and garbage) they shouldn't eat, and cause all sorts of trouble. And since even smaller dinosaurs can be potentially hazardous to guests (and guests hazardous to animals) they need to be kept in a contained area where they can all be viewed at all times...

In the seemingly unlikely event we get to build our own animal houses (like the ones they can already make in Planet Zoo, a game that isn't even released yet!) sure, making exhibits where our guests can mingle with little animals within a safe environment would be awesome... but with how JWE currently is... it just wouldn't make any sense...

Last edited:
The idea of letting animals roam the park freely is ridiculous... without boundaries they can easily roam into areas they shouldn't go, eat food (and garbage) they shouldn't eat, and cause all sorts of trouble. And since even smaller dinosaurs can be potentially hazardous to guests (and guests hazardous to animals) they need to be kept in a contained area where they can all be viewed at all times...

In the seemingly unlikely event we get to build our own animal houses (like the ones they can already make in Planet Zoo, a game that isn't even released yet!) sure, making exhibits where our guests can mingle with little animals within a safe environment would be awesome... but with how JWE currently is... it just wouldn't make any sense...

Interesting point. I would agree if the guest in the park actually did anything like sit down at a table to eat food or threw trash into trash cans. But considering they dont do anything I dont see the difference (dangerwise) in letting potentially harmless dinos roam free. If guests did actions like previously mentioned I could see the dinos jumping on tables to steal food or knocking over trash cans to scavenge but again we sadly dont have interesting guests.

Well, once again I agree with LordTrilobite. I believe in such situations it goes "better safe than sorry". If a zebra or flamingo in a regular zoo broke out, I'd also prefer to keep my distance.

Last edited:
Homalocephale is still the size of a large dog. If it did act aggressively you bet that people would be scared.

But that's how it shoulf be, actually.

In fact, it would be ideal if there were two new animations, one for guests to show alarm but not panic, and one for Homalo, to allow itself being approached and even pet but eventually charging and hurting/killing one guest.

I don't think neither JP nor JW would have allowed adult dinosaura to roam freely among guests, however small they might be, precisely because what they could do.

I think the radius that people panic from dinosaurs like the homaleocephale should be decreased by a bit.

I was playing my game
And saw everyone running away from something. It was funny to see that what they were running away from was a homaleocephale that escaped her enclosure for a drink outside her exhibit.

It would make sense for people to run away like how @LordTrilobite put out. But I would like the panic radius to be smaller. Like it could be a threat but it’s not a T-rex level threat, thats for sure.

Last edited:
I mean, sure even little dinos are dangerous, but why 100% agression? If they were uncomfortable then maybe they'd go on rampage, but why when they're just roaming.

What do you mean "areas they shouldn't go?" In a JWE park there's not really a restricted area. As for disease, the animals in our parks do sometimes fall ill, but can said diseases even be transmitted to humans? Also assuming that there aren't any deadly diseases that can be spread back and forth I see no issues except one. That one being eating trash. Trash doesn't resemble their natural food so they probably wouldn't eat it. Animals that eat trash usually mistake it for something they would naturally eat.

Last edited:
What do you mean "areas they shouldn't go?" In a JWE park there's not really a restricted area. As for disease, the animals in our parks do sometimes fall ill, but can said diseases even be transmitted to humans? Also assuming that there aren't any deadly diseases that can be spread back and forth I see no issues except one. That one being eating trash. Trash doesn't resemble their natural food so they probably wouldn't eat it. Animals that eat trash usually mistake it for something they would naturally eat.

Areas they shouldn't go could be employee areas, restaurants, bars etc... Basically everything that's meant for humans and not animals. There are multiple restricted areas for employees etc. in regular zoo's so JW would be no different.

And the diseases in game that humans can get includes Avian Influenza, Common Cold, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Hookworms, Rabies, Ticks, Tuberculosis...

Bears etc. eat trash because it's very easy accessible in urban environments. It has no resemblance to their ordinary food and diet. Same with racoons. It has nothing to do with resemblance, only accessibility.

Areas they shouldn't go could be employee areas, restaurants, bars etc... Basically everything that's meant for humans and not animals. There are multiple restricted areas for employees etc. in regular zoo's so JW would be no different.

And the diseases in game that humans can get includes Avian Influenza, Common Cold, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Hookworms, Rabies, Ticks, Tuberculosis...

Bears etc. eat trash because it's very easy accessible in urban environments. It has no resemblance to their ordinary food and diet. Same with racoons. It has nothing to do with resemblance, only accessibility.
All the animals you mentioned are omnivores. Homalo’s are strictly herbivores and seem to be more timid and passive then maybe even a average peacock. And those do just fine walking around in zoos.

All the animals you mentioned are omnivores. Homalo’s are strictly herbivores and seem to be more timid and passive then maybe even a average peacock. And those do just fine walking around in zoos.
What he/she said. They would be a bit timid and not randomly wander into a bar. As for disease, you should wash your hands after handling a modern animal anyway. Maybe even an announcement would play after the player allowed a Homalo to roam wild saying, "We have introduced a free-roaming Homalocephale. Please wash your hands after petting her." Also when one is ill they should start acting even more elusive, avoiding humans altogether, until cured. Exept rabies. But, at that point it makes sense just to open the shelters.

I think the radius that people panic from dinosaurs like the homaleocephale should be decreased by a bit.

I was playing my game
And saw everyone running away from something. It was funny to see that what they were running away from was a homaleocephale that escaped her enclosure for a drink outside her exhibit.

It would make sense for people to run away like how @LordTrilobite put out. But I would like the panic radius to be smaller. Like it could be a threat but it’s not a T-rex level threat, thats for sure.

I noticed that too. After seeing this thread I made an area for some homalos to free roam and even though they are fifty or a hundred feet away from the path I see guests freaking out and running all over the place. They dont even come up as a dinosaur threat on the UI so its kind of weird.

Top Bottom