Dinosaurs General Gameplay A really cool idea for the Homalo that could be implemented for it and any future herbivore with a similar size and rig

So you think a zoo could have a group of chimpanzee's running around no problem? Doesn't matter what setup. Chimpanzee's are highly territorial and even kill other chimpanzee's.
Margaret Power wrote in her book The Egalitarians that artificial feeding systems even increased aggression in the chimpanzee populations.
I know it's a different animal, but I'm just saying because an animal is cute, 50 kg can still do major damage. And again, they were made to butt heads with each other, which is a sign of force and aggressive behavior.
Yeah. I'm trying to say these aren't chimpanzees. I think you misinterpreted.

So you think a zoo could have a group of chimpanzee's running around no problem? Doesn't matter what setup. Chimpanzee's are highly territorial and even kill other chimpanzee's.
Margaret Power wrote in her book The Egalitarians that artificial feeding systems even increased aggression in the chimpanzee populations.
I know it's a different animal, but I'm just saying because an animal is cute, 50 kg can still do major damage. And again, they were made to butt heads with each other, which is a sign of force and aggressive behavior.
Hold up. Are you actually comparing a Chimp to a Homalo?

No I'm using it as an example? Animals with a weight of 50 kg's can do major damage on a human. That's all I'm saying. Since they are headbutting creatures, it might be better to compare it to a small ram. Same body mass but the Homalo is longer than a full grown ram though.

No I'm using it as an example? Animals with a weight of 50 kg's can do major damage on a human. That's all I'm saying. Since they are headbutting creatures, it might be better to compare it to a small ram. Same body mass but the Homalo is longer than a full grown ram though.
They may have butted head with each other for a mate. Females didn't butt heads with humans.

They may have butted head with each other for a mate. Females didn't butt heads with humans.

Are you serious? I don't think anybody on this forum expected humans to live in the Cretaceous... SMH
My point is, you have no clue about how they would react around humans. So saying they won't defend themselves is just your intuition, because they look cute. These are wild animals. Not domesticated in any form. And they are perfectly able to kill a human.

Are you not afraid of a Ram? Have you ever seen one. It's double the size of a rottweiler and can kill you on the spot. I wouldn't want to be near any of those things.
I'd be terrified of an angry ram, but I would feel perfectly safe watching a comfortable one. That's the thing, an unconfortable Homalocephle might charge, but a comfortable one could just graze. I mean it's a little ridiculous to watch an herbivore with 100% comfort charging down a path.

I'd be terrified of an angry ram, but I would feel perfectly safe watching a comfortable one. That's the thing, an unconfortable Homalocephle might charge, but a comfortable one could just graze. I mean it's a little ridiculous to watch an herbivore with 100% comfort charging down a path.

You don't think thousands of humans would annoy any animal? Because I do. Plus they are probably territorial. A comfortable ram can still charge any second. The smallest variables can make an animal irritated. Just saying... It's kind of like saying a tiger can be fully domesticated. It can't. Listen to Malcolm... Chaos theory. ;)

You don't think thousands of humans would annoy any animal? Because I do. Plus they are probably territorial. A comfortable ram can still charge any second. The smallest variables can make an animal irritated. Just saying... It's kind of like saying a tiger can be fully domesticated. It can't. Listen to Malcolm... Chaos theory. ;)
If a Homalo saw thousands. It would be cautious and avoid them. Not run through and kill them all. Plus, ingame. Homalo is perfectly chill near a bunch of humans when it’s needs are met. It’s just them guests run away

If a Homalo saw thousands. It would be cautious and avoid them. Not run through and kill them all. Plus, ingame. Homalo is perfectly chill near a bunch of humans when it’s needs are met. It’s just them guests run away

You have no idea how a Homalo would react around people. So that argument is not valid. I also doubt they would kill them all, since that would be impossible, but it could def kill kids, which are the main audience for a JW.

I agree that the visitors act crazy, but they do that against all dinosaurs and none of the reactions in the game are natural anyway...

I've been to a petting zoo with goats, deer and a pot bellied pig. None at all scary.

A pig is a completely different animal. Not quick or any attacking mechanisms like the Homalo. Goats can't be used in this measure as well, as it's the rams that headbutt. And was it full grown deer in a pack with antlers? I have never seen a petting zoo with those animals...

A pig is a completely different animal. Not quick or any attacking mechanisms like the Homalo. Goats can't be used in this measure as well, as it's the rams that headbutt. And was it full grown deer in a pack with antlers? I have never seen a petting zoo with those animals...
But a Homalo is much more different and lightweight compared to those. Not to mention, all the Homalo’s would be female. So no mating instincts to warrant aggression. Again, it’s more similar to a peacock then any animal in a petting zoo anyways. (And peacocks do hang out in zoos)

But a Homalo is much more different and lightweight compared to those. Not to mention, all the Homalo’s would be female. So no mating instincts to warrant aggression. Again, it’s more similar to a peacock then any animal in a petting zoo anyways. (And peacocks do hang out in zoos)

Animals aren't only aggressive during mating... They would probably display dominance regardless. And how is it similar to a peacock, when a peacock weighs 6 kilos at most. The Homalo is 50 kilos. There's a MASSIVE difference. It's like comparing a dog to a lion.

Animals aren't only aggressive during mating... They would probably display dominance regardless. And how is it similar to a peacock, when a peacock weighs 6 kilos at most. The Homalo is 50 kilos. There's a MASSIVE difference. It's like comparing a dog to a lion.

50 kilos is roughly 110 pounds. Goats can weigh up to three times that weight.

I doubt they'd be aggressive to guests. Even if they are heavier than a peacock, animals rarely attack things bigger than themselves (unless they're cornered).

I doubt they'd be aggressive to guests. Even if they are heavier than a peacock, animals rarely attack things bigger than themselves (unless they're cornered).

Yes you doubt it. But is it possible? Totally. Animals usually feels cornered around a large amount of people. Look at cats and dogs... Also zoo animals tend to try and hide during busy days. But if someone would step into their territory they would get hurt instantly... I'm glad none of y'all are running parks in real life. Hahah

Top Bottom