Discussion A request to tweak the "ReceiveText" event please

The ReveiveText event looks something like this:

{ "timestamp":"2019-07-21T09:30:25Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"", "Message":"$COMMS_entered:#name=Core Sys Sector PN-T b3-3;", "Message_Localised":"Entered Channel: Core Sys Sector PN-T b3-3", "Channel":"npc" }

We have the Channel key value which is great, but I would really like another field so I can make a determination as to whether the NPC is part of the system police / authority / station or someone else, eg a pirate.

Any chance before the December update?
Pretty please?

This is already supported to some extent. I just briefly scanned some journal files I have lying around and the "From" field should give you what you want. Here are some example values which should speak for themselves:
  • "$ShipName_Police_Alliance;"
  • "Russell Gateway"
  • "Ford Dock"
  • "$ShipName_Police_Federation;"
CMDRs have a prefix of "$cmdr_decorate:#name=..." and NPCs "$npc_name_decorate:#name=...". This is not a full specification but it seems like stations are just given by their name, NPCs and CMDRs have a special prefix and system authority vessel have a special key for the "From" field.

This is already supported to some extent. I just briefly scanned some journal files I have lying around and the "From" field should give you what you want. Here are some example values which should speak for themselves:
  • "$ShipName_Police_Alliance;"
  • "Russell Gateway"
  • "Ford Dock"
  • "$ShipName_Police_Federation;"
CMDRs have a prefix of "$cmdr_decorate:#name=..." and NPCs "$npc_name_decorate:#name=...". This is not a full specification but it seems like stations are just given by their name, NPCs and CMDRs have a special prefix and system authority vessel have a special key for the "From" field.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll take a closer look to see if a 100% determination can be made

Top Bottom