A second DLC is coming ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I just saw this on SteamDB:

Does that mean a second DLC is coming in addition to Ghostbusters? It's strange that 2 new DLCs have been added.... 🤔

May be the free DLC !🤪
That never happened before; new features and free rides were included in a mandatory patch to the base game, for everyone. The concept of DLC is that it is an optional addon that users can buy or ignore as they please. The free part of the upcoming DLC is not optional, the game will update to v 1.12 for all.

I have the feeling that this Ghostbusters thing is the last new pack and the unannounced DLC is the long awaited, much requested "Ultimate Collection" of previous DLC's. Either that, or they are testing a "Plus" version of Ghostbusters with more licensed assets (movie clips, music, billboards), just like Cities Skylines is doing nowadays with additional radio stations in the premium edition of their expansions. Either way, I'm sure it's going to be a low effort addition; I don't think there are enough developers left to plan for more content simultaneously.

I have the feeling that this Ghostbusters thing is the last new pack and the unannounced DLC is the long awaited, much requested "Ultimate Collection" of previous DLC's.

I hadn't thought of that but suspect that you're probably correct...it might also be a "Universal" dlc pack combined with the earlier sets.

That looks like the giant flume at Valleyfair and Kings Island. I hope Ghostbusters is not the final dlc pack. There’s supposed to be more ride packs. But the leaked roadmap said a few more ride packs which suggests about 3-4 more.

Last edited:
I sure hope the Ghostbusters DLC isn’t the last DLC for Planet Coaster. I would like to see a couple more rides DLC’s. A lot more rides need to get added like a giant flume and more kiddie rides. It would be nice if a developer from Frontier would give us more information.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I sure hope the Ghostbusters DLC isn’t the last DLC for Planet Coaster. I would like to see a couple more rides DLC’s. A lot more rides need to get added like a giant flume and more kiddie rides. It would be nice if a developer from Frontier would give us more information.
Frontier has already told us a few times before that they haven't finished working on Planet Coaster. I'm sure that they will tell us when they plan to stop supporting the game. As it stands right now we've got nothing to worry about. ;)

Frontier has already told us a few times before that they haven't finished working on Planet Coaster. I'm sure that they will tell us when they plan to stop supporting the game. As it stands right now we've got nothing to worry about. ;)
Thanks Joel for the information.

Would they realistically tell us that PlanCo is done before they announce PlanCo2 though? Surely that would hurt sales of up-and-coming DLCs etc as people will just think "oh well, I'll just wait for the sequel instead - no point investing in something that is obsolete very soon".

Well, It would be logic when Planco 2 will be announced, they are far enough into that process that release is around the corner, after that it's obvious to tell Planco 1 will no longer be supported and DLC's will probably not be coming anymore. Then you don't have to worry about sales.

More obvious is that they will release a DLC one day with the tag "final DLC". But they will never announce Planco 2 if there are still DLC releases on the agenda for Planco 1.

If there will be a Planco 2 it will probably still take a few years before we officially hear anything about it.

That will give everybody enough time to upgrade their hardware once more ;)

No, still nothing. The weird thing is that the 2 DLCs start with the same number: 109 so they certainly have a link.

True or the second DLC can be totally different. Maybe Frontier will say something tomorrow or next week.
I'm pretty sure Frontier won't announce anything tomorrow, just a screenshot like today. They always make the announcements at the beginning of the week so they will give more information about the DLC on Monday or Tuesday. But tomorrow I think they're going to publish the June Streaming Schedule and we can get an idea of the release date if we see "special livestream" or something like that

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom