Notice A statement on cheating in Elite Dangerous.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
i have to concede it sounds almost as funny as whiners whining on gankers,
True.

but it definitely pales in comparison with random chaps defending frontier's anticheat policy.
Yup.

it's akin to worker's class voting far right without the dire consequences
Indeed.

cause, you know, it's just a game. epic.

h87531930

"I didn't use any of the unsafe options ever and my account was just permanently banned. Guess that trainer needs to be updated"

Latest post from the cheaters forum,FD's actions as permaban are not rare

So Fdev are handing out permabans for the trainer. That's good to see.
At lest if that forum (havent seen it myself) is correct.
Are there a lot of bans being talked about on it?

Of course that is what FDev has been saying but its nice for some corroborating information.

Nothing will ever be enough tho, and I doubt FDev will change their policy on listing people banned (shadow or otherwise).
If they did it would still not be enough for some folks.

IMO its best just to accept what they say and move on, but then I dont think I could ever tell the difference between a cheeter and a really good player/ship build anyway.

It is not easy to decide what to believe in these days. Perhaps this has always been true, an interesting aspect of an online community. Introduction of a new in-game currency, and possibly mobile base building also, would be indicative of security and network being featured in the next update. That's money when it comes to those ARX points. However, there have been examples, such as GTA Online, that failed with this for a while, and probably lost a lot of money because of it. I hadn't really anticipated ARX, despite the need for it (as in microtransactions as business), but you can kind of see the design now, when looking at past updates. I suppose third party apps are going next.

Remember the engineering cheat/exploit 1 material tier 5 god roles. Frontier would punish those players remove all engineerd equipment, ban players. Havent seen any of that .
Frontier havent done any thing against those cheaters.
There is a difference. Using an exploit, that has been reported multiple times during beta phase, but made it into the live version anyway and being left unfixed for a year. You could have probably argued it was left on purpose, because every money making exploit was being closed within a matter of days or very few weeks on the other hand.
Edit:
They're being executed by hired assassins.
I have never seen perma-ban this way...

Last edited:
So today Dauntless, an open beta game similar to monster hunter has introduced easy anti-cheat ... and this is for a game that hasn't even got PvP. It is soley co-op PvE and in frickin' beta. I never have seen any cheater but apprently it was an issue and they fixed it. Why isn't FDev capable of being this professional? Ofcourse, no answer on that question. I feel like FDev has a huge pile of problems they don't want to be visible to the public.

Honestly, if I were Frontier, I'd do something really annoying but funny.

Like for example, every time the game detects a cheat engine, it would cut off the life support.
We'd have whole threads of people ratting themselves out and it would be great entertainment. :)

Or increase the probability of random malfunctions so instead of appearing occasionally but increasing after 80% damage, the damage threshold gets removed and the probability increases with each detected cheat.

Hello Commanders,

We wanted to take some time to address some of the concerns the community has raised regarding the use of cheats in Elite Dangerous.

Cheating in our game is something that we take very seriously, and do not condone. Using a cheat engine, mod, hack etc. is in direct violation of the Terms and Service and EULA agreed to by all players upon setting up a Frontier account. We support honest competition between players, different playstyles and each Commander’s ability to blaze their own trail, and we strive for them to be able to do this in a fair, safe environment.

We continuously work alongside our development and support teams to combat the tools that make cheating possible, and to take action against accounts found to be using them.

As with any online game, combatting cheating is an ongoing process, and something that we are always working against. We work continuously to review and improve the tools, tracking and the safeguards required in order to tackle issues when they arise. We are not able to discuss the specifics of tools and processes that we have, as this would give the cheaters a significant advantage in being able to circumvent these efforts.

When it comes to taking actions against accounts we have identified as using cheats, we review every report on a case by case basis. While there has been a level of discussion regarding these cheats within the community recently, we can assure people that the number of people using these are a very tiny number of players. We are still working on new and improved ways of stopping these cheats and tracking and measuring activity now and in the past.

We strongly advise that no player runs Elite Dangerous using a cheat client, hack, software mod etc as this will put your account at risk now, and in the future.

We also advise against promoting or publicising of any programs which claim to mod/hack or cheat for Elite Dangerous. Doing so can give players a false sense of legitimacy regarding these programs and ultimately lead to increased risk to players accounts. Rest assured that we continue to actively work on and address cheating in all forms and will continue to do so.

If you come across a player you suspect is cheating, please do use the in-game reporting tool to send us that information. You’re also welcome to contact our support team via a ticket to provide supporting evidence such as photos or videos.

Thank you for your time, and fly safe.

Did you unban the peacful protest Beluga guy yet? He had a message.... and it was not about his personal cheating... but that ships could be made of the same armor that Nav Beacons have.

Honestly, if I were Frontier, I'd do something really annoying but funny.

Like for example, every time the game detects a cheat engine, it would cut off the life support.
We'd have whole threads of people ratting themselves out and it would be great entertainment. :)

Too bland for my taste, maybe enable auto-destruct?

Too bland for my taste, maybe enable auto-destruct?
I really like that one indie dev who made the management game about the game studio. You start making and distributing games, choosing the right genre according to trends and so on.
And they've put a "DRM" in which caused that when you were playing a pirated game, the people in the game would start pirating your game and you'd go bancrupt. It was awesome to watch the huge backlash on the forum and the developers smugly replying that people couuld maybe buy their game, instead. :LOL:

No-one can cheat on a p2p network ... (oh look another ship spinning, after been shot at) .... and the moon is flat !

So today Dauntless, an open beta game similar to monster hunter has introduced easy anti-cheat ... and this is for a game that hasn't even got PvP. It is soley co-op PvE and in frickin' beta. I never have seen any cheater but apprently it was an issue and they fixed it. Why isn't FDev capable of being this professional? Ofcourse, no answer on that question. I feel like FDev has a huge pile of problems they don't want to be visible to the public.
EAC would kick Linux/Proton out immediately. There could be more Linux players now than cheaters. As a game developer a lot of things have to be considered.

A quick google showed me the cheat was working this month, but then the dev for the cheat stopped working on it and the game devs introduced Easy Anti-Cheat. Same as what Fortnite uses.

Easy Anti-Cheat is a decent product, but doesn't stop cheat devs entirely. Just makes things harder for them.

Why FDev isn't capable of being this professional? What do you mean by that? You mean their own skills to implement an anti-cheat system that is reliable or why are they not going to a third party provider for an anti-cheat system?

Did you unban the peacful protest Beluga guy yet? He had a message.... and it was not about his personal cheating... but that ships could be made of the same armor that Nav Beacons have.

Why should they unban him? He didn't just use the cheat for the protest, he is a self-admitted long time cheater. I thought the general attitude of people in this thread was for all cheaters to be tarred and feathered for eternity.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom