A Story Teller's thread perhaps?

Just thought an ED inspired story thread could be interesting, fact, fiction or both, you name it, go for it.
Inspired by another CMDR's thread....an experiment that may prove fun and enlightening..premised on the observation that many CMDR's like to write and fly...

my first weak attempt below:

Myth, Legend or Fact.
For days and some nights I have been on this "push"and "woosh" journey to explore the nether regions of this incredible galaxy. Pottering around 24,000 lys from Sol, about 3000lys away from Coronia, in the outer region of Persius Arm, noticing an awful lot of Brown Dwarfs and a constantly empty fuel tank. You know the sort of situation where every jump, no matter what direction you push and woosh to, takes you to a star system that drains your tanks and offers no refueling. This part of the Galaxy must be very old I guess.
The Diamond Back Explorer is great for jumping but really lousy when it comes to fuel tanks. Maybe next time I will replace the Planetary Vehicle Hanger with a fuel tank. If there is a next time... and the trade-off between fuel and flexibility ( push and woosh boredom) is worth it..
I get the galactic map on screen and desperately search for anything without the color brown and get a few crazy spiraling blue light stars (Neutron), and there it is a single orange point, about 60LY away. I ping it with the FSD and confirm it is a Red Dwarf. A Red Dwarf means fuel for my thirsty Diamond back.
Unarmed and maxed out, it is one jump and there I am sitting on the star relaxing and filling the tanks. I decide to honk the the Discovery scanner, set an orbital plane and perhaps do some FSS while I am waiting but wowah!!! Wowah!! This massive object , thing, eh what ever, about the size of Coriolus station, that looked like a common building brick they use in South America, shot past my position and then vanished after what I suppose was it's own push and woosh routine..
Out here the term UFO seemed redundant yet there I was pondering what all this could mean....or maybe I have been watching too many Trekian movies...and was Borg dreaming again...

Last edited:
Top Bottom