A support for mods.

I've noticed that a lot of fans create great mods on Nexus and other sites, which they share with other fans. In JWE the only way to use these mods is to intricately insert the mod files inside the other game files, potentially risking to "dirty" everything. A more integrated modding system would be nice, a bit like that of Surviving Mars, from Paradox.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hey again JackTheManager21.

For a number of technical and other reasons, modding isn't something we officially support. Unofficial modding or software that alters the game's code will always present a risk to players. For this reason it's our recommendation that you don't use unsupported modding or clients of this nature.

Hey again JackTheManager21.

For a number of technical and other reasons, modding isn't something we officially support. Unofficial modding or software that alters the game's code will always present a risk to players. For this reason it's our recommendation that you don't use unsupported modding or clients of this nature.
And yet, successful modding communities keep games alive for longer, look at Operation Genesis, Warcraft 3 or Skyrim. So this stance of Frontier is, at best, myopic. At worst, most of us can already imagine the underlying mover behind such stance.

And yet, successful modding communities keep games alive for longer, look at Operation Genesis, Warcraft 3 or Skyrim. So this stance of Frontier is, at best, myopic. At worst, most of us can already imagine the underlying mover behind such stance.

It doesn't seem to be in Frontier's interest to keep the individual JWE games alive for a long time. Then they would simply have too few new features for the sequel. Things like more space to build, decorations and better terraforming we have allready (with mods). Oh and of course now over 300 different species. How good does 75+ sound like in the new part? really kinda little ;)
And of course don't forget that it doesn't suit them to see when a modder creates a much more detailed model of a dinosaur than a developer.

Yes it does GTA 5 for exemple mods are better than the game
What I mean is modding doesn't prevent or discourage AAA developers from making content because of fear of modders doing better than them as the one I quoted above suggested otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom