A thread about...

Fleet Carriers. Who would have guessed?

There probably already exists a thread about it, and I could've just searched for it but so far that didn't stop anyone from posting. So, anyway...

• All Fleet Carriers feature rearm, refuel and repair services.
  • Commanders can choose a number of loadouts for their Fleet Carrier, governing services/module and ship availability to support a number of different activities, such as:
What does that mean? Does the FC offer a shipyard where we can buy ships? Like 3rd printing? I hope not. Maybe it's SLFs or personal security ships to defend the carrier? Any other idea?
I can get behind the idea of automatically offering mining modules for a mining carrier, without the hassle to buy them at another port and transfering them to the carrier. But ships?

Anyway, did somebody mention cockpit cats?

Without a ship transfer facility on the fleet carrier, how the heck could you get more than one of you ships to your 'fleet' carrier?

Without a ship transfer facility on the fleet carrier, how the heck could you get more than one of you ships to your 'fleet' carrier?
I get that, but how does a different loadout determine ship availability? Surely transfering ships is a standard feature of every carrier?

I wonder if they'll be implemented in a way where we can race them. Obviously one per instance means some kind of time trial event, but some kind of stripped down module set up might work well here.

Failing that, I'd settle for the cockpit cat breeding colony.

I wonder if they'll be implemented in a way where we can race them. Obviously one per instance means some kind of time trial event, but some kind of stripped down module set up might work well here.

Failing that, I'd settle for the cockpit cat breeding colony.
I think any such race is likely to be about refueling,so i guess you could start there,if the finish line were,say 900ly distant from each competitor,who arrives first would preclude anyone else from crossing the finish line until they'd moved on.I'm sure a much more comprehensible format could be thrashed out once more details are released, but i never underestimate the community's ability to buckyball any way they can. :)

Exploration set up allows you to buy:
Asp variants, Diamondback variants, krait phantom.

Merc variant allows purchase of:
viper variants, fee de Lance and mamba. Alliance variants.

Mining/trade variants allows:
T6,7,9, keelback, python, hauler.

Through a normal shipyard.
Like in any other station.

These are already in the game.
We are getting new graphics, and the ability to jump megaships as they already exist.

I reckon

Fleet Carriers. Who would have guessed?

There probably already exists a thread about it, and I could've just searched for it but so far that didn't stop anyone from posting. So, anyway...

• All Fleet Carriers feature rearm, refuel and repair services.
  • Commanders can choose a number of loadouts for their Fleet Carrier, governing services/module and ship availability to support a number of different activities, such as:
What does that mean? Does the FC offer a shipyard where we can buy ships? Like 3rd printing? I hope not. Maybe it's SLFs or personal security ships to defend the carrier? Any other idea?
I can get behind the idea of automatically offering mining modules for a mining carrier, without the hassle to buy them at another port and transfering them to the carrier. But ships?

Anyway, did somebody mention cockpit cats?
I would assume that they are transferred ships and modules of your own that you can use.

Back
Top Bottom