Engineers A way to get Abnormal Compact Emission Data

...and also Classified Scan Fragment. (and some other data).

1. Get Isinor permit. The easiest way to do this is to go to Anotchadiae and sell exploration data at any station\outpost controlled by Chapter of Isinor. You will need about 8.7M to get from default (85% neutral) to Allied, somewhat more if you have NPC fighter pilot(s). Of course, you may do it via other ways (missions, trading, BH). As soon as you're allied with them, get a permit "mission" from mission board (you may need to relog one or several times in order for it to appear). The "mission" itself is basically a check - as soon as you take it, you'll get a message that reads "You now have Isinor permit" and you can go to Isinor.

2. Go to Isinor and find "Convoy beacon" navpoint near Maodun (1st planet). It is a persistent navpoint and can be seen from entry point. Jump to it.

3. Inside, you will find a convoy comprised of T9 and a pair of Condas. Note where they appear (look at the contrails. You may need a few relogs in order to refresh the instance) and park your ship directly on their path, at about 5 km from spawn point, facing the latter.

4. Relogfest! Relog, ID all three ships, repeat. Most of the time you will get nothing - but sometimes you will get ACED and\or CSF. I was able to get 6 ACED and 6 CSF in about 2 hours. This may not be the fastest way possible, but it is the fastest way I know of.

Last edited:
Great tip, thanks. Right now, there is a really decent drop of CIFs, EFCs and SLFs at Anotchadiae. Nice mining modules there also.. Will stay for a while there. Bring Python there and give them metals from nearby system Juparoin - Fraas Depot outpost instead of minning.

Edit: best tip ever! Got 40+ CiFs doing fun misisons there in a few hours, ended my round trip with lots of engd PDs. Mental note: Yuri Grom, stations near ELWs, scientific station Wolf 485A, bought metals works for minning missions.

Last edited:
Just did this, can confirm it still works. Got 9 Abnormal Compact Emission Data in 15min.

Thanks OP, +1

Worked for me, too. I thought I'd document how things went and contribute those results

Did this for 1 hour and got 72 relogs in.

Of those 72:
47 yielded 0 results (65%)
9 yielded 1 drop (12.5%)
8 yielded 2 drops (11.1%)
2 yielded 3 drops (2.7%)
6 yielded 6 drops (8.3%)

Of those 55 drops:
Rarity 1 - Distorted Shield Cycle Recordings: 27 drops (49%)
Rarity 2 - Inconsistent Shield Scan Analysis: 5 drops (9%)
Rarity 3 - Untypical Shield Scans: 10 drops (18%)
Rarity 4 - Divergent Scan Data: 8 drops (15%)
Rarity 5 - Classified Scan Fragment: 1 drop (1.8%)
Rarity 5 - Abnormal Compact Emissions Data: 4 drops (7.3%)

Ta very much for the tip! After the getting the permit it took me 5 minutes to get 3 Abnormal Emission Compact Data :D

Based myself at Anotchadiae in a Dolphin and did passenger/short range sight-seeing missions for REP+++ (and to sell the exploration data) also any charity donations that were REP+++.

Didn't need to do anything at the convoy beacon except for scanning the 3 ships and if nowt supercruise out/relog. Back in.

Got the last materials for my final exploration mod, thanks again!

well biohazard....Thank you!

this is the only thing that has worked. After 90ish minutes, I got 7 drops of ACED! Got a ton of distorted shield cycle recordings. i would say my results would match imsaho's findings fairly close.

nice job!!!!!

Worked for me, too. I thought I'd document how things went and contribute those results

Did this for 1 hour and got 72 relogs in.

Of those 72:
47 yielded 0 results (65%)
9 yielded 1 drop (12.5%)
8 yielded 2 drops (11.1%)
2 yielded 3 drops (2.7%)
6 yielded 6 drops (8.3%)

Of those 55 drops:
Rarity 1 - Distorted Shield Cycle Recordings: 27 drops (49%)
Rarity 2 - Inconsistent Shield Scan Analysis: 5 drops (9%)
Rarity 3 - Untypical Shield Scans: 10 drops (18%)
Rarity 4 - Divergent Scan Data: 8 drops (15%)
Rarity 5 - Classified Scan Fragment: 1 drop (1.8%)
Rarity 5 - Abnormal Compact Emissions Data: 4 drops (7.3%)

Worked for me too, with a pretty similar distribution rate. Got real lucky once and hit 3 ACED (9 total) from one scan!

Just wanted to thank the OP and other contributors to this thread. This evening I got 12 ACED at the Convoy Beacon in about an hour. Not a staggering rate of return, but leagues ahead of the seven days I spent trawling Encoded Emissions and various bulletin boards without finding so much as a byte. Even factoring in the few hours of grind it took to get the Isinor permit, it was a walk in the park compared with week before.

I'm beginning to think the game is actually bugged, and that ACED aren't dropping at all outside of that Convoy Beacon. If I'm wrong, and anyone has seen ACED dropping in places other than Isinor (and especially if you've seen them as mission rewards) can you please let me know either here or in this other thread? I'm tempted to submit a bug report but not if it just turns out I've just been highly unlucky.

Just wanted to thank the OP and other contributors to this thread. This evening I got 12 ACED at the Convoy Beacon in about an hour. Not a staggering rate of return, but leagues ahead of the seven days I spent trawling Encoded Emissions and various bulletin boards without finding so much as a byte. Even factoring in the few hours of grind it took to get the Isinor permit, it was a walk in the park compared with week before.

I'm beginning to think the game is actually bugged, and that ACED aren't dropping at all outside of that Convoy Beacon. If I'm wrong, and anyone has seen ACED dropping in places other than Isinor (and especially if you've seen them as mission rewards) can you please let me know either here or in this other thread? I'm tempted to submit a bug report but not if it just turns out I've just been highly unlucky.

As far as I know, mission rewards list does not include ACED.
I've seen them as drops at Encoded Emissions and as a basic ID\scan from high-ranked pirates (usually Corvettes from pirate lord missions). Not sure about military ships from CZs (Isinor convoy is classified as military ships).

As far as I know, mission rewards list does not include ACED.
I've seen them as drops at Encoded Emissions and as a basic ID\scan from high-ranked pirates (usually Corvettes from pirate lord missions). Not sure about military ships from CZs (Isinor convoy is classified as military ships).
Thanks for that. It's a shame we have to do so much third-party information collating in order to figure out what this game is doing, but I guess that's all considered part of the gaming experience these days. A prime example: I had no idea that ACED never appear as mission rewards. If I'd needed more, and not read your post, I'd have continued to look there too. Because in the absence of information, with bulletin boards full of data rewards, why would you not assume that every data type is available? :rolleyes:

I read a hint about ship scanning that mentioned either "combat ships" or "military ships" so I was opportunistically scanning anything that fit those broad categories including authority ships, naval vessels, anything in a convoy. Even went into a couple of Conflict Zones but got nothing. About the only thing I didn't try was the big pirate ships, so maybe it was a combination of that oversight and sheer bad luck that led to me striking out. I certainly dropped into dozens, possibly into triple figures, of Encoded Emissions USS in systems with populations from the low millions to the billions, and hit nothing. Many of them didn't even have a Private Data Beacon.

I'm not going to submit a bug report this close to a new version drop because things might change behind the scenes, but it remains an oddity. My non-explorer account, that I was playing more frequently before deciding to outfit the Anaconda for my explorer account, seems to have accrued 22 ACED just from chugging around the bubble doing missions and opportunistic bounty hunting. Got them passively while scanning ships, I guess. Yet the explorer account couldn't find a sniff of them even when actively searching for them. Coincidence, Sod's Law or something else? This game has so many hidden variables it's almost impossible to tell.

Thanks for that. It's a shame we have to do so much third-party information collating in order to figure out what this game is doing, but I guess that's all considered part of the gaming experience these days. A prime example: I had no idea that ACED never appear as mission rewards. If I'd needed more, and not read your post, I'd have continued to look there too. Because in the absence of information, with bulletin boards full of data rewards, why would you not assume that every data type is available? :rolleyes:

I read a hint about ship scanning that mentioned either "combat ships" or "military ships" so I was opportunistically scanning anything that fit those broad categories including authority ships, naval vessels, anything in a convoy. Even went into a couple of Conflict Zones but got nothing. About the only thing I didn't try was the big pirate ships, so maybe it was a combination of that oversight and sheer bad luck that led to me striking out. I certainly dropped into dozens, possibly into triple figures, of Encoded Emissions USS in systems with populations from the low millions to the billions, and hit nothing. Many of them didn't even have a Private Data Beacon.

I'm not going to submit a bug report this close to a new version drop because things might change behind the scenes, but it remains an oddity. My non-explorer account, that I was playing more frequently before deciding to outfit the Anaconda for my explorer account, seems to have accrued 22 ACED just from chugging around the bubble doing missions and opportunistic bounty hunting. Got them passively while scanning ships, I guess. Yet the explorer account couldn't find a sniff of them even when actively searching for them. Coincidence, Sod's Law or something else? This game has so many hidden variables it's almost impossible to tell.

"Combat-oriented" and "military" are not the same. "Combat" ships are pirates, bounty hunters and Powerplay NPCs. "Military and authority" ships belong to local police or military ("system defence forces", "federal navy ships" etc).

Spent days trying other things. Within 15 minutes of getting the system permit and going to the beacon I got 9 after literally a week of nothing. This is the way!

I am attempting to try this method, but I am unable to obtain an Isinor system permit. I became an ally of Chapter of Isinor in the system suggested, and I have been logging off and back on (open, solo, private, repeat) over and over again for hours, and I have not received any mission to get the system permit.

Your guide mentioned the possibility of having to flip the boards a few times, but this is getting ridiculous. Did they knock out this system permit in 2.4 or something? I just cannot get it.

I don't know how many times I have logged off and back on, flipping the boards in the system you suggested to try to get the permit mission to show up. I have been doing it for at least a couple hours with no luck. Did they disable this permit again in 2.4? This is getting REALLY frustrating.

I don't know how many times I have logged off and back on, flipping the boards in the system you suggested to try to get the permit mission to show up. I have been doing it for at least a couple hours with no luck. Did they disable this permit again in 2.4? This is getting REALLY frustrating.

I'm also trying this method and running into the same issue.

Top Bottom