Ability for Vets to Remove Scars or Option to turn off Scarring

It might get deleted because it was offtopic? Dont know how much into detail you went, but if it was too much, I imagine it would be considered inapropriete for such forum about a game.

The Cincinnati Zoo would like to disagree. Those fish are living animals, it's not any different from incidents where wild animals wander into zoo exhibits and pay the price with their lives.

Anyways, this is a bit off-topic from what OP's post was about (not that I agree with their rationale).
You will always find exception to the rule.
I have a scar running down my face from having a tumor removed. Are your kids triggered and traumatized by me too?

Personally (with all due respect) I'm offended by how easily offended you and your children are. But I'm even more offended by the OP of this forum for removing my last comment where I spoke about face scars.

I took a screenshot this time just in case frontier wants to remove me talking about the scar on my face again, I will screen shot this post this time so your clientele can see how frontier treats people with facial scars. 👍

Next move is yours PZ, I haven't broken any of your rules with this post.

If my comment is deleted again, unfortunately I have no option but to share my experience of Frontier discriminating against people with scars, and facial deformities. I found you deleting my comment with no explation unprofessional and very concerning for any people who purchased this game, have facial scars like me, or have invested in Frontier Developments.
I saw your comment and you personally attacked the OP and their family. It had absolutely nothing to do with your own scars and was not discriminating in any way.

And by the way: Most kids are not afraid of scars of people, but as I said, the scars look fresh in the game, so it's a natural and psychological totally normal reflex for children to be worried about said animal, because it is hurt.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
@12344321 Just as a fyi, your post was removed after being reported for flaming another forum member.

This was reviewed and actioned upon.

The fact the subject of scarring was in your post was irrelevant to the removal of the post and the advisory given.

We want to make this an welcoming and inclusive forum for all ages and as such please post considering this in future.

Please also note, if you feel an advisory was incorrectly applied then contact FD via email to community@frontier.co.uk where it will be looked at.

I might include this in my next suggestion list. There's plenty of other features we can choose to allow or not allow in sandbox, if this is easy to implement, I don't see a reason not to have it. If people want them, they can play as usual, if people don't want them, they can disable.
Well hopefully the toggle for scars in at least sandbox is added in a future update

Just saw this thread and I’m glad it’s been brought up. I posted somewhere on this before. The scars, or should I say open wounds, are completely over the top and the animals look like someone has hacked them with a kitchen knife.

I am all for being realistic but this isn’t even realistic, it’s just unpleasant. Please give us the option to turn it off in sandbox at least.

I was disappointed that this option was not included in 1.6.2. When i read in the update notes that they reviewed the Feedback, I thought for sure that an option to remove scars for sandbox was going to be included, given the number of supporters. Hopefully its in the next update.

I was disappointed that this option was not included in 1.6.2. When i read in the update notes that they reviewed the Feedback, I thought for sure that an option to remove scars for sandbox was going to be included, given the number of supporters. Hopefully its in the next update.
Same. When I saw the words relating to they reviewed the feedback, I was very hopeful it was added.

As someone who plays sandbox for the majority of the time, scarring is absolutely stupid - especially for not being able to turn them off. I wish Frontier would implement something like this because it's a genuine hinderance to gameplay when I want good looking animals.

As someone who plays sandbox for the majority of the time, scarring is absolutely stupid - especially for not being able to turn them off. I wish Frontier would implement something like this because it's a genuine hinderance to gameplay when I want good looking animals.
Agreed. A simple option in sandbox to turn scars off and on would solve this. Given all the options they already have in sandbox, this should be included.

I'm afraid they would have said something already when this would be included.
You might be right, but on the other side of the coin, they typically highlight additions to the game in those news bulletins for incoming large updates, this may be treated more like a minor option. When the exact patch notes come out we will know. Regardless, let’s be positive and if it’s not there we can all voice our frustration then. There’s a food quality bug (another topic) that I’m really hoping is fixed in this update, it was confirmed on the issue tracker as well. I am sure others have items they are hoping are included in this update as well, but we all have to wait for the actual patch notes to know for sure (would love the ability for babies to still be able to be born, even when animal aging is paused in sandbox mode or have the aging be turned on/off per individual habitat setting, which would solve that too).

Seeing one of my wolves (pic attached) reminded me of this thread. Hopefully this is addressed someday soon.

Attachments

• 20220120182901_1.jpg
    20220120182901_1.jpg
    762.3 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom