Ability to turn off star lines in Galaxy Map without disabling jet cone boost - Quality of Life fix

Please, we have the option to turn off the grid in the Galaxy Map, so can't you add one to turn off the green star lines? When you have a long range ship it becomes a real mess. I can't see the colours of the systems nearby due to all the green lines. I really don't see the purpose in having this mandatory be on. I really want to be able to see the stars around me while having jet cone boost enabled and fastest route set. This has to be a really simple option to put in, no? If you deselect Fastest Routes, the lines go away but Jet Cone becomes disabled too.

When using the material filter, or any filter for that matter, you cant even see the color dot change for the system you are in, its just a bright ball of green/white light.
https://imgur.com/a/Ewzsi
BYtGUiE.png

See how the route changes when you disable the lines in the route options. You can see the green waypoint line for jet cone not being used when turning off the green lines.
fbkqNTv.png
2y5SROE.png

Last edited:
You can do this now - just turn off the "efficient / furthest distance" travel selector (route plotter) and the lines go away.

BTW, your plotter will still plot based on whatever was last selected.

Last edited:
You can do this now - just turn off the "efficient / furthest distance" travel selector (route plotter) and the lines go away.

BTW, your plotter will still plot based on whatever was last selected.

Well, sort of. When you select economical it shows the lines as connect-the-dots, (which is cool, mind you) but the moment you do that your route changes. Also it's silly to have to keep changing it back and forth, don't you think? It can literally be a toggle switch.

Well, sort of. When you select economical it shows the lines as connect-the-dots, (which is cool, mind you) but the moment you do that your route changes. Also it's silly to have to keep changing it back and forth, don't you think? It can literally be a toggle switch.

No no, click whichever you want, then click it again to toggle it off (so that none of the "checkboxes" show as checked) and the lines totally go away. Mind you, I'm on PS4, so perhaps this trick doesn't work on PC. When I get back home I can post a screenshot if you don't understand what I'm suggesting.

No no, click whichever you want, then click it again to toggle it off (so that none of the "checkboxes" show as checked) and the lines totally go away. Mind you, I'm on PS4, so perhaps this trick doesn't work on PC. .

You're right, it does turn it off, but it also disables the jet-cone boost option. Basically what's happening is you are plotting the route, then by turning off the lines you are also stopping any further plotting, so it stays with what you already had. Essentially, if you want active plotting on, you have to have the lines. :-/

Check out my original post at the top again. I updated it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom