About Dominion Giganotosaurus

Please, first of all I do not want this topic to become "how ugly is Dominion Giga or how ugly is JWE Giga" or " JWE Giga is much more accurate and should be the base model". The topic does not pretend to go about which model is better. "I like X the other is bad, let's delete the other". No, it's not about this.

I was thinking about what Frontier will do with the new Giganotosaurus model. It is almost nothing like the one in the game and will also have completely different sounds. Will it become the base model of the game? Keep in mind that it will be the canonical model of the Universal franchise and it would be strange if it remained in a simple skin. There is also the added problem of the new sounds. Will they give the new Giga a higher score? 970 compared to more than 1000 for Acro, Spino and T. Rex seems very little. What do you think?

Last edited:
Please, first of all I do not want this topic to become "how ugly is Dominion Giga or how ugly is JWE Giga" or " JWE Giga is much more accurate and should be the base model". The topic does not pretend to go about which model is better. "I like X the other is bad, let's delete the other". No, it's not about this.

I was thinking about what Frontier will do with the new Giganotosaurus model. It is almost nothing like the one in the game and will also have completely different sounds. Will it become the base model of the game? Keep in mind that it will be the canonical model of the Universal franchise and it would be strange if it remained in a simple skin. There is also the added problem of the new sounds. Will they give the new Giga a higher score? 970 compared to more than 1000 for Acro, Spino and T. Rex seems very little. What do you think?
Every movie skins are other model than base models so won't change the base giganotosaurus and add the New one as a skin. they probaly just add the New roars with what WE have now

Every movie skins are other model than base models so won't change the base giganotosaurus and add the New one as a skin. they probaly just add the New roars with what WE have now
I understand the point but in this case the precedents do not match. It would be a canonical model, being a variant of a non-canonical one. Shouldn't the canonical model become the base? It would seem logical to me. That is to say, that the image of the Dominion Giga model is the one that we see when the dinosaur hatches and in the database.

I think it’s funny how jwe always has the t-rex losing in battle to other theropods. I get it promoting the new big bad dinosaurs that appear in this franchise but not very accurate tbh. Truthfully the t-rex would be more then a match for any theropod period. One good bite from a big t-rex would be enough to cripple or kill most theropod dinosaurs. In reality these two would probably just avoid each other as there would be no reason to fight a unnecessary battle. But come on JW really lol.

Hello together :)

I think and HOPE that the new doninion Giga just be an alternate Skin! I don't like the dominion Giga, because it looks like a hybrid off acrocanthosaurus and giganotsaurus. The JWE Giga looks accurate and beautiful to me. Thats why I hope it will be base model :)

Hello together :)

I think and HOPE that the new doninion Giga just be an alternate Skin! I don't like the dominion Giga, because it looks like a hybrid off acrocanthosaurus and giganotsaurus. The JWE Giga looks accurate and beautiful to me. Thats why I hope it will be base model :)
I see that you have not read the central message of the topic. This is NOT about personal likes. This is about your opinion of what you think Frontier will do with the new Dominion Giga model.

Of course I read it. But I just wanted to say that. Frontier should clearly see what the community want ;)
The topic of the thread is not about what we want Frontier to do, it is about what we think they will do. The personal likes of each one are unnecessary. I think it's very good that you like JWE Giga. However the thread is not about that.

I am going to give an explained and long opinion on the options we have and I will not write more here since my opinion will have already been quite clear.

In favor of JWD Giga being the default model of the game we have that it is the JW Universal canon model. As simple as that. Frontier are the creators of the game but follow Universal's guidelines. Whatever Universal wants to be done will be done. They pay. The same applies to other dinosaurs already existing both in the game and in the movie like Dreadnoughtus and Iguanodon.

We have the precedents of JP skins for Triceratops, T. Rex, etc. Both are as canon as JW's skins. However, the game is called Jurassic World Evolution 2 and is based on the Jurassic World saga, so the default skins and models are those of JW, prioritizing over those of JP. Hence, both in the database and in the incubation menu the models are all from Jurassic World.

This is not the same topic as that of Giga and the others, since the Frontier model is not the canonical but of a model created by Frontier and that's it.

Honestly, I don't think it's really as concerning as you make it. If Dominion style dinos for species JWE2 already has will come, which I currently have no doubts on, they would more than just likely be separate skin options for them, like what the JP trilogy designs are. Even if they are film designs that will come after the game's release.

Time will give us the answer. JWD opens on June 10, 2022, if I'm not mistaken the DLC Fallen Kingdom was released a month after the release of the film (let me know if I'm wrong).

Time will give us the answer. JWD opens on June 10, 2022, if I'm not mistaken the DLC Fallen Kingdom was released a month after the release of the film (let me know if I'm wrong).
The Fallen Kingdom “DLC” wasn’t a DLC, but a free update. “DLC” is a mislabel by journalists and subsequent YouTubers. It released on the day Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom came out.

Another free update, the BaBR update, came out two weeks before Battle at Big Rock premiered on TV and YouTube.

In both updates, regardless of time releases, added new species their respective film themes introduced to the overarching film series. For JWE2’s case, anything is possible from a coinciding free update or PDLC.

The Fallen Kingdom “DLC” wasn’t a DLC, but a free update. “DLC” is a mislabel by journalists and subsequent YouTubers. It released on the day Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom came out.

Another free update, the BaBR update, came out two weeks before Battle at Big Rock premiered on TV and YouTube.

In both updates, regardless of time releases, added new species their respective film themes introduced to the overarching film series. For JWE2’s case, anything is possible from a coinciding free update or PDLC.
Okay, thank you very much for this information.

Top Bottom