Fiction About Generation Ships

Do you guys think there could be a ship which is actually still functioning? Some of them must have succeeded at least in the "generation" part of it's objective, no? It would be interesting to find a ship full of people, who have no info on what's happening on the bubble. It would be great if FD did it.

Maybe that ship's already in the game, then it's our job to discover it and unravel its secrets

54cad4c6b8df5_-_starship-troopers-02-1011-xln.jpg

I'm sure some are still functioning, but whether anyone's alive or not is another matter.

The earliest generation ships would have used sub light travel, so the ones we found must have been slowed down either by someone or by the ship computer now they are stationary. Therefore they must have reached their destination or stopped for some other reason.

The faster than light generation ships must also have stopped for dinner reason, but I think it was a bit easier for them so it's not so clear why they've stopped. Maybe all the crew died and nobody was left to plot another jump.

We also don't know how long they've been stopped, it could be hundreds of years. If the crews hadn't made landfall I think they would have gone nuts and probably killed each other.

So, I think it's unlikely that anyone is left alive on them.

But I agree it would be cool if there was :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom