Newcomer / Intro About jumponium boosts

Just wanting to check I’ve got these things right about boosting my FSD from within the module page....

You can only apply one boost at a time? You can’t stack them up?

You can try to apply another boost, and another, but each one merely overwrites the first, so you’ve basically wasted precious jumponium?

So, the section in the route plotter where you can set your FSD boost level... what’s that for? Even if I have enough jumponium for 12 advanced level boosts, it won’t let me plot a route further than a single jump... in which case, there’s no point in plotting at all, I may as well simply target my next destination.

Or... please someone tell me where I’ve gone wrong.

You can only apply one boost at a time? You can’t stack them up?

Yup.

You can try to apply another boost, and another, but each one merely overwrites the first, so you’ve basically wasted precious jumponium?

Yup.

So, the section in the route plotter where you can set your FSD boost level... what’s that for? Even if I have enough jumponium for 12 advanced level boosts, it won’t let me plot a route further than a single jump... in which case, there’s no point in plotting at all, I may as well simply target my next destination.

Yup. One jump at a time AFAIK. I rarely use the stuff as it's such a pain, and once engineered any decent explorer build will get you most places.

So, what would be really nice is: if you have enough jumponium for n jumps, the Galaxy Map can plot a route whereby your first n jumps are calculated at that boosted range. In other words, the feature I imagined I was getting when I saw that option in the Galaxy map.

Deleted member 38366

D
Yeah, using Synthesis for FSD Boosts unfortunately disables the Route Plotter entirely for that next jump that'll consume the Boost.

So the only way is indeed to manually check the max. Jumprange and then set (not plot, won't work) a single Jump to the desired Destination.

So, what would be really nice is: if you have enough jumponium for n jumps, the Galaxy Map can plot a route whereby your first n jumps are calculated at that boosted range. In other words, the feature I imagined I was getting when I saw that option in the Galaxy map.

Yes and no. If you have jumponium for n jumps, and plot a route, the route may not necessarily consist of n 'enhanced' jumps, also there are several levels of jumponium, one or more jumps may require enhanced jumponium, others normal, and there also may be jumps which your ship can do without jumponium.

You may whish to accelerate your travels by reducing the number of jumps in areas where even a ship with a lower jump range could reach the target. Without jumponium you may make x jumps, with jumponium you have less than x jumps, but it costs materials.

As you see the requirements for the route plotter would be quite complex, and in some cases it would require a lot of manual adjustments to do as you wish. I don't think it can be automated, it could maybe a bit better. Also the materials for jumpoinium are not so easy, they must be found and collected, you would not want to waste them. I would no really trust an automated procedure. It may work, but it also may waste jumponium in cases where there is no need.

The only way I would use this is to have a manually plotted route. Use your start point where you are, plot single jumps with or without jumponium and append them to the route. Sadly, route plotting or manipulating is impossible....

So the only way is indeed to manually check the max. Jumprange and then set (not plot, won't work) a single Jump to the desired Destination.

Well, bizarrely, when you’ve found a star within your boosted range, and you set FSD boost accordingly in the left panel on the Galaxy map, you can choose “plot route”... and it will think for a bit... calculating.... and ... tada! It has plotted a single hop to your destination!

Top Bottom