About the base suit skin part of suit livery

Previously (that is, before Update 4) we were able to use a base suit skin for a suit that it wasn't necessarily intended for.
Basically, I have a Maverick Mechanic Orange base suit skin on all my suits (including Dominator and Artemis ones). However, with update 4, you cannot do that anymore - eg. Maverick Mechanic skins can only be equipped to actual Maverick suits.

Is this an intentional change? If yes, why? I would like to have all my suits look the same - only differing in functions (and I assume others want this too).

Just to add another opinion, I don't think an Artemis suit should be able to look like a Dominator suit. I thought it was silly. What's the point of having different suits at all then? They'd all be exactly the same, only you can choose whether you equip a cutter, sampling tool or another primary weapon for your empty slot.

Fair enough, just different taste. I personally don't mind that my outfit for pew pew stuff looks different than my outfit for sciency stuff.

I do have 2 accounts, one Explorer and occasional scavenger, the other more combat orientated with a different aesthetic.

i just wish we could use the basic flightsuits too.
i really like my silver and gold one, and all of the other cosmetic items of course.
so i really wish we could use all that too...

i just wish we could use the basic flightsuits too.
i really like my silver and gold one, and all of the other cosmetic items of course.
so i really wish we could use all that too...
You can't?
flightsuit.png

I think they meant that the flight suit has a completely different livery system, and every suit is better in terms of functionality.
Indeed, every suit is more capable for Odyssey missions / surface activity.

But would one wish to go to a dinner party in a suit of armour? Or perhaps go to war in a Dress Suit?

Still waiting for my Admiral and KIng dress uniforms FDev...
I just want some earrings.

Well no..actually as far as our avis go...i want ...too much to list here.

But honestly, being able to mix'n'match between our old horizons clothes and the ody spacesuits would be a big win for me.

I just want some earrings.

Well no..actually as far as our avis go...i want ...too much to list here.

But honestly, being able to mix'n'match between our old horizons clothes and the ody spacesuits would be a big win for me.

I agree, it would also be nice to be able to own more than one flight suit. - I have so many skins but it's a pain to change them all the time.

Indeed, every suit is more capable for Odyssey missions / surface activity.

But would one wish to go to a dinner party in a suit of armour? Or perhaps go to war in a Dress Suit?
CAN we go to a Dinner Party? No? Wait, we dont even have other Social Activities? The Bar? We cant even order a Drink or sit down?

Why restrict cosmetic items that cost real money then?
If the 3 Suits are just that - Suits, why cant i wear my jacket over them? Really, all of them are just as skintight as the Flightsuit. And does it matter that my Maverick-Suit looks like a Flightsuit?

Also: Yeah, i would totally go to a dinner party in a suit of heavy armor!

Last edited:
CAN we go to a Dinner Party? No? Wait, we dont even have other Social Activities? The Bar? We cant even order a Drink or sit down?

If the 3 Suits are just that - Suits, why cant i wear my jacket over them?

Also: Yeah, i would totally go to a dinner party in a suit of heavy armor!

We can meet up for a squat party, not the kind of my youth with a PA system in an abandoned building, but one where we all just crouch a lot. - Good for your quads...

If the 3 Suits are just that - Suits, why cant i wear my jacket over them?
Dunno mate... Frontier makes the rules, like them or not ;)
The only thing I want sorted in suit cosmetics are decals, the rest are apt for their useage, but maybe I only see things that way as I bought the cosmetics for Odyssey suits that appealed to me, the same as for Horizons.

Top Bottom