About the price and Frontier Policy

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
xyphic what you see is pretty reasonable and argumented, no denying that.
I just thing that we would like to know upfront what we're going into.

And i must quote my ergonomist there "if there's an incomprehension, it's the fault of the one who's talking", so yeah, if there were so many complaints in the end, there was a miscommunication, and it couldn't have been as "opened" as you're saying otherwise people would not complain (i know we are all moron more often than not but in the end let's say most of us are reasonable).

Anyway, I like where the game is going, I think i'll just wait to see where this is going, the early access price being a little steep even if I can totally get why you would want to enroll only people committed to helping you as a game developer.
Absolutly ! I would not change a single word. [up]

xyphic

Volunteer Moderator
xyphic what you see is pretty reasonable and argumented, no denying that.
I just thing that we would like to know upfront what we're going into.

And i must quote my ergonomist there "if there's an incomprehension, it's the fault of the one who's talking", so yeah, if there were so many complaints in the end, there was a miscommunication, and it couldn't have been as "opened" as you're saying otherwise people would not complain (i know we are all moron more often than not but in the end let's say most of us are reasonable).

Anyway, I like where the game is going, I think i'll just wait to see where this is going, the early access price being a little steep even if I can totally get why you would want to enroll only people committed to helping you as a game developer.
I've followed Frontier for a few years, and their communication now is way better than it was originally, but they still have problems. They're very reluctant to give details about what may or may not be coming in case they promise something they can't eventually deliver, and as it's a policy decision their community team is unable to help. They've created tiers of access that can't be easily upgraded and that potential customers struggle to understand, and a store that at best can be described as 'functional'. They have FAQs for the game but hide them away on the company's support site. They don't keep the Planet Coaster website up-to-date with the latest information, instead choosing to point at the forums or social media.

In short, they sit somewhere between being a small independent developer and a large publisher and can't decide which they want to be. You'll get used to it after a while! :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom