About tonight's livestream....

I'm really sorry but it just didn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Hearing that Adam just took on this stuff "a few weeks ago" kind of makes me wonder what's been going on behind the scenes, makes me wonder what effect that'll have on the update and I wonder why something that's been in development for a year needed somebody to "take it on a few weeks ago" at all.

It also looked like quite a lot of stuff was uncertain and a lot of the features just seemed a bit disjointed with no real cohesion.

Lastly, it was kind of creepy the way Ed kept on saying how wonderful it was that people were still interested in the game.

More worried now than I was after reading the written details. [where is it]

Hearing that Adam just took on this stuff "a few weeks ago" kind of makes me wonder what's been going on behind the scenes, makes me wonder what effect that'll have on the update and I wonder why something that's been in development for a year needed somebody to "take it on a few weeks ago" at all.

100 people working on the game remember.

It also looked like quite a lot of stuff was uncertain and a lot of the features just seemed a bit disjointed with no real cohesion.

Regular update then.

Presumably whoever was working on it has now been reassigned to the next phase?

As you'd expect from someone that's just taken over the job. Adam knows most of it, but is sketchy on a few of the finer details as they're still in development.

Lastly, it was kind of creepy the way Ed kept on saying how wonderful it was that people were still interested in the game.

No it wasn't.

Last edited:
The moment when asked if non Horizons players would be able to synthesise probes struck me as a little weird.. seems no one had considered it.

It is weird. Majority of active players use Horizons. Right question would be "should I use SRV to gather mats for drones"?

Tomorrow is another day, you will see maybe things differently

I guess that explains why they don't have nothing to show yet except 2 screenshots.

I thought Q4 stuff had been in development for quite a while now, after all it was said to be a huge update.

The moment when asked if non Horizons players would be able to synthesise probes struck me as a little weird.. seems no one had considered it.

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about.
Similar thing when asked about working with VR and for people who're colour-blind.

Said it before but I don't really mind what's in the update as long as whatever's in it works properly.

If they haven't spent any time considering the stuff that was asked about, how much other, more complex, stuff have they also failed to consider?

I hope they get that beta out sharpish, cos I feel like there might be quite a bit to revise before release.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NMS
Well, I'll give them props for trying to do something...

However, I have to say that what we are being shown is, in the true sense of the term perhaps, the game's first real mini-game. Doesn't look like we'll be flying while we do all this exploration stuff. We'll have to be in SC, but we're going to be in a completely separate environment, similar to being in the galaxy or system map. But those maps are just aids to navigation, there's certainly no real game-play involved when you're in them.

Not really sure how I feel about this. I'm going to be flying my spaceship, jump into a system, step away from the cockpit and solve a few puzzles, lining things up so I can see what's there (and that's the same for USS's too), and then get back to my cockpit and fly some more.

I think the goal behind all this is worthy, make finding things a part of the game (something I've felt was important for ages) not have it magically spawn in front of us. I'm just not sure I want to stop flying my ship to do it, which at the moment is what it looks like we'll be doing. We'll have to wait and see how it actually plays when we get it.

The lack of certainty over VR, and whether this new environment will play well there is very disappointing.

I got the impression the beta was further away than i had thought. But we will see.

It was a bit confusing. Judging by what Adam said and fact we don't see full gameplay videos indicate they are still have way to go, where it felt it will just around the corner. I will guess it is at least 1 month till beta.

I got the impression the beta was further away than i had thought. But we will see.

I didn’t see the live stream and just scanned through the feed after. So was it just the same two screenshots or was were an actual working run through of it?

edit,
i have my answer, it’s a (dare I say it) SC jpeg

Top Bottom