Absent friends: a place to remember forum contribtors you liked who have seemingly stepped back...

It's about forum activity, specifically this forum (can't speak for Reddit or Twitter), not FD activity
Considering the majority of CMDRs mentioned so far in this thread are active elsewhere in the Elite Dangerous community (Reddit, Twitter, Discord, Youtube, Twitch, etc) one begins to wonder.... are the official forums DOOMED? 🙃

I mean.

It's pretty telling of the games condition in my eyes. There was a ton of people that I played with. Out of 30 MAYBE 5 still play.

Stagnant repeat content. People got bored.

Out of curiosity I fired the game up. Aside from looking a little prettier in the menus and the mining it's still the same. Buzz crashing, instancing issues, Thargoids that aren't all that menacing. Cheating NPCs and grind.

One would think with an MMO game new content would almost be certain. But every new addition so far has been a time sink. I enjoy good time sinks. Chasing down little mysteries. But more grind? Not a chance. I haven't even touched the Gaurdian content. It was the same as the Thargoids.
Scan this data
Shoot this for parts.
Find this weird thing that lights up

Like c'mon....

Laughs at the 2020

Haven't heard for quite a while about commander ian baristan. Remember some of his excellent artwork, that were, beside highest quality - very useful! (like outpost images at EDDB) Have tried to find his old thread "Mapping the planetary cities and outposts + SRV races tool" - found my bookmark, but the link leads to nothing... Deleted?
The link format changed with the new forum. So you can’t use old bookmarks and old links in posts don’t work.

I find it sad actually.

I had a thread that was stickied on the History of The Alliance from in-game sources and tourist beacons and the old FFE journals and the novels.

Gone.

Is that now my responsibility to rebuild that and find a new home? Do the community managers think that the game history should just be erased for the sake of pulling fresh punters through the door?

The link format changed with the new forum. So you can’t use old bookmarks and old links in posts don’t work.

I find it sad actually.

I had a thread that was stickied on the History of The Alliance from in-game sources and tourist beacons and the old FFE journals and the novels.

Gone.

Is that now my responsibility to rebuild that and find a new home? Do the community managers think that the game history should just be erased for the sake of pulling fresh punters through the door?
Slightly off-topic: Yeah, I'm aware of that, but usually one can at least find old "popular" posts - and respective new links - using search engines or forum search functionality. But it is not the case for mentioned by me "Mapping the planetary cities"

Many good (and bad/infamous but just as contributing) names here.
For me I'd like to add
ElectricZ (kicking off Buckyball)
Domaq

Well, I scanned this thread, and no one mentioned me. Sob!!!! . I was a regular on this forum since beta, I was a mod for a short time, same time as agony aunt became a mod. I still very rarely look in here, I don't play now, hoping one day the game will have something great to spark my invest again. I am sure there is still some veterans left in here that remember me, so hi to them.

Top Bottom