Acceptable free roaming animals?

If anyone has ever been to the zoo as often as I have when I was a kid you'll know that some zoos give a few animal species a bit of controlled freedom outside of their exhibit. The very first thing that comes to my mind are Peacocks, especially around outdoor food courts.

Would it be asking too much to expect this to be a feature in Planet Zoo as well?

I would love this. I always tried to do things like this in Zoo Tycoon, which often just resulted in the guests all running away and leaving or with zookeepers sedating all the animals! Obviously this would be silly with predators, but with smaller animals I think it would be great to be able to do this.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
a random tiger wandering around wouldn't be all that bad...would it?;)
It could. If you were fat. :LOL:

Reminds me of a story.
Two hikers run into a bear who looks really angry.
One of the friends starts pulling his shoes off.
"Why are you doing that?"
"I run faster barefoot"
"Are you kidding? You will not be faster than a bear, anyway!"
"I don't have to be faster than a bear. I just have to be faster than you."

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
I would love this.
I remember years ago being at Chester Zoo when the keepers took the penguins for a walk. I was laying on the path surrounded by penguins.
Hurrah!!!

I wonder ,when someone Starts a thread Like this :D watched a Show about a Zoo in Germany they Have a Stork enclosure. But the Storks can Come and Go how they Want and even travel.the Zoostorks always can return and are Always also Zoo Animals :D we need Storks or Ducks Herons and even Pelicans who can roam free

JessicaSonnet

Volunteer Moderator
Goats and alpacas.
We need a petting corner! :)

What zoo have you been to that has goats and alpaca's free roaming?! :O

For me, peacocks are the only one that come to mind.
That and the usual wild rabbits, birds etc.....

I (personal opinion !!!) highly doubt youd get much freeroaming animals in the game other than the odd bird in the sky etc?

but who knows?! guess we shall see :)

I would love this.
I remember years ago being at Chester Zoo when the keepers took the penguins for a walk. I was laying on the path surrounded by penguins.
Hurrah!!!

This is a daily thing at Edinburgh Zoo, its amazing to watch, but the penguins are not forced. If they don't want to do it on a certain day, then tough luck :p

I think that free-roaming animals should be in this game. I am only worried about how that animal will react to their own needs. Unless, these free-roaming animals are exempt from needing to drink, sleep, eat etc..
In any case, I think there should be free-roaming animals!

That's the thing with animals, I have 2 prime examples at home. When in need, they will find their own food and drinks (from tables or guests?).

And the occasional drinking and feeding bowl along the path would not be a problem as well I guess?

The zoo I work at has free roaming goats ;-)

I’m hopeful there will at least be some way of making walk through enclosures, or being able to confine free roaming animals to one area somehow without limiting where the visitors can go. I can imagine losing track of your animals quite quickly if they’re free roaming in a large zoo.

What zoo have you been to that has goats and alpaca's free roaming?! :O

For me, peacocks are the only one that come to mind.
That and the usual wild rabbits, birds etc.....

I (personal opinion !!!) highly doubt youd get much freeroaming animals in the game other than the odd bird in the sky etc?

but who knows?! guess we shall see :)
In hamburg in a Animalpark they Let sometimes let the Alpacas out. They should meet other Animals and Discover the World in the Park. Off course the Keepers are also there and watching them when that is happening. By us in Halle Mountainzoo there arehorses, sheeps and pearl chickens who roaming free And sometimes the Pelicans Jumping on the wall and annoying People XD but the Pelicans should be stay in normally.

In france we have a park called "la montagne des singes" "the monkeys montain" it's an 24 hectares were monkeys roaming freedom with visitors, i hope we can do the same in planet zoo

Top Bottom