Discussion Account access request

I was asked to approve account access for "API - Staging"

This is the first time I have seen this prompt to approve access. I have a couple of third-party tools which I approve for access including Inara and EDMC but I don't recognize this request. Does anyone recognize this?

That's an interesting thought. Any idea which data that might be?

I discovered the browser window had popped up on the screen when I clicked away from the game momentarily. (Since the game is full screen you don't notice it until you do that.) This is much like what happens when account access for Inara and/or EDMC has expired. A browser window is opened and it asks to log in to your Frontier account. It didn't do this in response to me browsing to Frontier with my browser...

screenshot- API approve prompt.jpg

The convoluted URL in the browser window even indicates 'third party' something-or-other.
I'm trying to figure out how to be more certain before I click "Approve."

Well, you can view and deauthorize applications from https://auth.frontierstore.net/. "API - Staging" is one of my listed authorized apps.
When I deauthorize "API - Staging" then log in again from the above link then I'm prompted to reauthorize "API - Staging".
If I do not deauthorize "API - Staging" then I'm not prompted to reauthorize it.
Since I'm not trying to access https://auth.frontierstore.net/ from any app other than the browser itself, I'm pretty sure that it isn't some other third party app. :)

Well, you can view and deauthorize applications from https://auth.frontierstore.net/. "API - Staging" is one of my listed authorized apps.
When I deauthorize "API - Staging" then log in again from the above link then I'm prompted to reauthorize "API - Staging".
If I do not deauthorize "API - Staging" then I'm not prompted to reauthorize it.
Since I'm not trying to access https://auth.frontierstore.net/ from any app other than the browser itself, I'm pretty sure that it isn't some other third party app. :)
It's not yet listed as an authorized app so I cannot deauthorize it. I had a browser window pop up asking for authorization again the instant when I landed at a port. I believe that this may be for EDMC because that app updates every time a landing occurs. I will check in that thread. I suspect that this came up with the new version (5.2.0) because I have not seen one with this name until today. Thanks for looking at some of your settings, etc. I appreciate it!

It's not yet listed as an authorized app so I cannot deauthorize it. I had a browser window pop up asking for authorization again the instant when I landed at a port. I believe that this may be for EDMC because that app updates every time a landing occurs. I will check in that thread. I suspect that this came up with the new version (5.2.0) because I have not seen one with this name until today. Thanks for looking at some of your settings, etc. I appreciate it!
No, this is not EDMC. It will only request authorisation for "Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDCD/Athanasius)".

In fact when I just logged in to my Frontier account to copy/paste that exact text I got asked to approve "API - Staging", so it's definitely the actual Frontier account, just badly named.

No, this is not EDMC. It will only request authorisation for "Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDCD/Athanasius)".

In fact when I just logged in to my Frontier account to copy/paste that exact text I got asked to approve "API - Staging", so it's definitely the actual Frontier account, just badly named.

That is certainly what I am accustomed to seeing for EDMC. I know it's obvious good practice, but thank you for making it obvious when EDMC makes such a request!
It's interesting to me that this just started, and the timing made me mistake that it's due to EDMC. I had just installed the update hours before this first happened to me Apologies for that confusion on my part.

Before yesterday I had never seen API - Staging. It is indeed a poor name. I am not in the habit of granting anything to a request that comes from an unknown. Hint, hint, folks!

Top Bottom