Acrocanthosaurus Apppearance Is So Bad

I prefer JPOG and many games Acrocanthosaurus model than in JWE, i hope you will change Acrocanthosaurus appearance in future that really show her spine on her back
The only way the Acro's back would look like that in real life is if it were nothing more than skin and bone, and considering the evidence that suggests the raised spines were covered in powerful muscles, it definitely wasn't just skin and bone...

ACROCANTHOSAURUS IN JPOG IS AN INACCURATE RECONSTRUCTED MODEL OF THE ANIMAL THE ACROCANTHOSAURUS IN JWE IS MORE SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE DUE TO RECENT DISCOVERIES OF THE SUPPOSED SAIL ON ITS BACK, A RE-EXAMINATION OF THIS ANIMALS BACK SPINES IN 2016 SHOW THAT THIS ANIMAL HAD NO SPINE SAIL OF ANY KIND BUT WAS COVERED IN A HUGE MASS OF MUSCLE TWICE THAT OF ANY THEROPOD, THE MUSCLES PROBABLY AIDED THE THEROPOD IN HUNTING LARGE SAUROPODS LIKE WHAT WE SEE IN JURASSIC WORLD EVOLUTION.

SORRY MY FRIEND BUT NO THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE ACROCANTHOSAURUS MODEL IN THE CURRENT GAME, SORRY ONCE AGAIN ITS THE MOST SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE ACRO THERE IS MY FRIEND. Tyrannotitan is a good example of what I'm talking about because this dinosaur Tyrannotitan also had back spines similar to acrocanthosaurus but did not support a sail on its back neither.

Acrocanthosaurus_skeleton_(1).jpg

Last edited:
Acro's back is fine, the spines were nowhere near as long as Spino's and supported a muscled flesh ridge similar to Ouranosaurus. Acro's problem is its head, which is too wide and too tyrannosaur in appearance.
Most of the Jurassic franchise theropod heads are too wide. The raptors, Dilophosaurus, Baryonyx and adult Allosaurus are some notable examples. So yes, the Acro's head is too wide, but it seems pretty consistent with the Jurassic style.

Most of the Jurassic franchise theropod heads are too wide. The raptors, Dilophosaurus, Baryonyx and adult Allosaurus are some notable examples. So yes, the Acro's head is too wide, but it seems pretty consistent with the Jurassic style.
I really wish the Jurassic style wasn't "Make all the theropods look as much like the Tyrannosaurus rex as possible".

Some but not all. Suchomimus and the other 2 Carcharodontosaurids to name a few, all had suitably narrow skulls that mostly matched their more recent reconstructions. Wished the same attention to detail was given to the Acro.

I really like acrocanthosaurus, but the acrocanthosaurus in this game is my least favourite dinosaur in the game. The problem is they seemed to use t-rex as the base model, rather than the more appropriate allosaurus or carcharodontosaurids. I hope the model gets updated to look more accurate, but i doubt that it will happen unfortunately.

Look at the head tho. The JW:E head doesn't look like an Acro head. Same with Carch.
I get the feeling they aren't the only ones to receive an exaggerated or completely different head. Dreadnoughtus comes to mind, though technically there isn't a head known (as with most sauropods).

They're more trying to make everything distinct in a general way, though it's quite agreeable to say that they take it a bit too far.

Top Bottom