Add a Loan Mechanic

I think it would be good if you could get a loan from a factions bank that you would repay overtime; that way you would be able to rank up easier and get the ship/loadout you want/need faster.

I think it would help new players and existing players alike.

If you didn’t keep up repayments you would become wanted; then have to pay a % of each mission you complete, trade you made and bounty you handed in until you were debt free.

Very unlikely to happen.

For one, it is bad game play to circumvent achievement for instant gratification.

Secondly, loans work do not work in an MMO game because there is no security to base the loan on. In RL, even unsecured loans are actually secured against the individual. In an MMO you could create an account, take out a whopping big loan, gift assets to another player, and then wipe-and-repeat.

...money for nothing and your ships for free...

There is a Loan mechanic; It comes into play when you get yourself wanted and blown up but don't have enough assets to cover the fine. It takes a cut of your payout till it's paid off.
Besides; if you need a loan to fly what you're flying then You're flying beyond your means. Never fly without Rebuy.

I think it would be good if you could get a loan from a factions bank that you would repay overtime; that way you would be able to rank up easier and get the ship/loadout you want/need faster.

If you didn’t keep up repayments you would become wanted; then have to pay a % of each mission you complete, trade you made and bounty you handed in until you were debt free.

+rep

Cool idea!

I like the current auto-loan system when you die and don't have the cash to rebuy your ship, however this would be a nice addition to that imo.

Maybe you would have to be allied in the system you get the loan from, let's say the "Jabba" system for instance.

And the loan size can only be a certain percent of your net assets - like maybe up to 50% of your net worth.

Then, if you pay it off on time, you get your credit raised.

But if you miss a payment, your credit rating is trashed, and bounty hunters like some guy named "Greedo" come to hunt you down!

Here's a twist - maybe instead of destroying your ship he impounds it!

And you're forced to respawn in the nearest station in a starter Sidey?

Sounds like fun :-D

Last edited:

The idea is there is some risk, don't fly without rebuy? why lower that risk?

I don't see any real reason why not.

Having loan sharks would be cool, if you don't clear the vigorish they hunt you down and break things.

Top Bottom