Add Male Dinosaurs

The game is beautiful and exciting. However, it's disappointing that there's only female dinosaurs. There should be an option to incubate male dinosaurs as well. Because it expands the possibilities to create the dinosaurs of our dreams. These could be sterile so there's no unchecked breeding.

This is easy to implement, because Frontier could use the same models for male dinosaurs, make them a bit bigger and add gender info. If this can't be added to the base game, then make it a DLC.

Male dinosaurs do exist in the Jurassic Park lore:

"In the movie and novel, the geneticists turned off the genes that allowed the dinosaurs to produce the hormones to become a male. All vertebrate embryos start off with female genitalia, and given the right hormones, the offspring will become male. The geneticists, in the movie and novel, turn off these genes for safety purposes, but in Jurassic Park 2 on Isla Sorna, both males and females exist for breeding. The product of these breedings are eggs, and the eggs are possibly taken back to Site A, Isla Nublar, where the embryos are denied the ability to become male. However, in the movie and novel, the genes of frogs were used to fill in the gaps in the dinosaur genetic code. They mutate, and the dinosaurs become sequential hermaphrodites, like the frogs, and can switch genders from female to male or female to hermaprodite so that they can fertilize their own eggs with their own sperm."

Last edited:
I would like this, I think itd be cool if say you have two of the same species together and life finds a way and you end up with eggs in the park. This would bring about a whole set of challenges as now youve acquired more dinos (yay) but having a breeding pair could bring its own benefits and issues to the park. Certainly be a good feature that I think would be great if accidental vs intentional, as in its something that happens with a certain genome variation in the species allowing it to happen etc

Breeding and male dinosaurs are my #1 want for an expansion / DLC addition to the game. It would be a lot of work for the Frontier team, but I'd be happy to pay. It adds a huge amount of gameplay longevity especially in a Site B mode.

I would accept male skins at the very least, but yes I agree.

Male dinosaurs should be in this game in some form, in my opinion. Especially if they're JP3's raptors (love both the female and male raptors of JP3).

Tyrannosaurus Buck is a male T-Rex. "The Tyrannosaur Buck was born sometime before or after Hurricane Clarissa struck Isla Sorna. He and a female of his species had a son together in 1997."

The Indoraptor is male too (check at 3:18).

[video=youtube;IhMbryQUt1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhMbryQUt1c[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom