Additional fuel tanks, mass & power.

Hello all.
Just about to reach Colonia then head north to Beagle Point.
I want to make sure I have enough fuel for the Abyss, but haven't needed additional tanks with a 6B scoop. I want to keep my mass low by not having extra fuel also.
Is it possible to buy extra tanks, and power them down and not have the scoop fill them until I need them?
Trying to squeeze out as many LY per jump yet also have enough to get over that chasm of emptiness.

Cheers.

Hello all.
Just about to reach Colonia then head north to Beagle Point.
I want to make sure I have enough fuel for the Abyss, but haven't needed additional tanks with a 6B scoop. I want to keep my mass low by not having extra fuel also.
Is it possible to buy extra tanks, and power them down and not have the scoop fill them until I need them?
Trying to squeeze out as many LY per jump yet also have enough to get over that chasm of emptiness.

Cheers.
The simple answer is no, but it would be great feature to be able to power down specific additional fuel tanks.
The only ways are either turning off the fuel scoop when you have scooped the right amount orr getting an engineered rail gun that lets you 'shoot off' unneeded fuel.

You can't turn off extra fuel tanks and the route plotter will always assume they are full when plotting a route. But you really won't need them as the general rule of the way the ED galaxy is built is that the fewer stars there are in an area the less the chance that any of them will be non-scoopable! If you can jump over 45 LY (*) then you won't have any trouble crossing the Abyss even if you've only got a 2 jump tank.

* - you can do it with 40 LY or even less but it requires manual plotting

That's a shame. Would be nice though.
Thanks for the answer.
Well, better to have it and not need it......
I have a feeling I will need it though.
o7

Top Bottom