General Gameplay ADDITIONAL PURPOSES FOR DEPARTMENT CENTERS

Your Feature Request / Idea
So although the different department centers generate money based on your rep with said department I was thinking that when maxing the reputation with a center you could choose a perk something like:

Innovation center: serves as a restaurant and gift shop with large radius so you can cut down on building space and accommodate guests better. / gives large boost to all guest buildings in a given area. /

Science Center: boosts all hammond lab success rates. / greatly reduces chances of infections and outbreaks.

Security center: gain an additional two ranger jeeps per ranger station. / gain the armored car from JWE that serves as both a ranger jeep and ACU (depolys from the large doors seen on the security center)

I feel that gaining extra revenue based on reputation with a department is a great idea but it is kind of pointless because as long as you rebuild what center you need you will get the bonus regardless (you have full rep with security but wish to max out entertainment so you replace you security center with the innovation center). With adding meaningful perks to the innovation centers you can add depth to the game play in regards to what department you choose to focus in. Also giving multiple perks to choose from would flesh out how you build your park. I think this is a really great idea but I feel like some of you could think of cooler perks than the ones I posted.

I actually like this idea too. Also, would want to add the following:

1) All three Centers should have "update placements" like some of the other buildings but, instead of having them researched and then applied, one would need to first reach a certain level of reputation with the particular department in order to apply each one and, should that level were lost at some time, said perk would stop working until reached again.
2) They should also be some way to spend cash, maybe like center to finance some particular research/activity for the corresponding department. Thus, for instance, is one of the departments cames up with something like, say, accept some internship program from an university or external corp, you could either choose to (significantly) fund it, instantly gaining a lot of reputation with that department at the cost to a heavy loss on another. Perhaps it could include some other kind of perk, like a bit of rep for your park.
3) The perks should, to a certain extent, focus on forcing you to choose between improving your dino management or your guest management. Of course, the could be changed at any time, with the appropiate investment.
4) Also, I think it would be fun if all three centers could provide some game-play tweak at max rep, for instance:
- Science Center: unlocks some kind of "documentary film mode", similar to the photo mode (either with or without Ansel), but with videos; or, it could provide philters to the camera (night-visor, species-tagging, etc).
- Security Center: unlocks a highly specialized "Control Room", which allows you more filters to your park map (only buildings, tag-colours, park statistics, etc)
- Entertainment Center: unlocks a "Visitor mode", which allows you to put your park on auto while you walk around it.
Neither of these would be lost when you drop your rep with the corresponding department, just became unavailable if you don't have these buildings active.

I actually like this idea too. Also, would want to add the following:

1) All three Centers should have "update placements" like some of the other buildings but, instead of having them researched and then applied, one would need to first reach a certain level of reputation with the particular department in order to apply each one and, should that level were lost at some time, said perk would stop working until reached again.
2) They should also be some way to spend cash, maybe like center to finance some particular research/activity for the corresponding department. Thus, for instance, is one of the departments cames up with something like, say, accept some internship program from an university or external corp, you could either choose to (significantly) fund it, instantly gaining a lot of reputation with that department at the cost to a heavy loss on another. Perhaps it could include some other kind of perk, like a bit of rep for your park.
3) The perks should, to a certain extent, focus on forcing you to choose between improving your dino management or your guest management. Of course, the could be changed at any time, with the appropiate investment.
4) Also, I think it would be fun if all three centers could provide some game-play tweak at max rep, for instance:
- Science Center: unlocks some kind of "documentary film mode", similar to the photo mode (either with or without Ansel), but with videos; or, it could provide philters to the camera (night-visor, species-tagging, etc).
- Security Center: unlocks a highly specialized "Control Room", which allows you more filters to your park map (only buildings, tag-colours, park statistics, etc)
- Entertainment Center: unlocks a "Visitor mode", which allows you to put your park on auto while you walk around it.
Neither of these would be lost when you drop your rep with the corresponding department, just became unavailable if you don't have these buildings active.

Yeah I was thinking that the perks you could choose from would either be a really good effect or really flashy end game fun stuff. I remember when people were waiting for the game to come they all would say what department they would want to go for first and although you do get to unlock stuff from each department there is no real need to fully specialize in one department once you've unlocked that stuff. The devs have obviously wanted to make the departments a critical part of the game play but for most of us I think we have looked it over simply to unlock things then go our way. I was thinking that if you did want to stick to one department after unlocking everything else you needed or at least trying to prioritize a particular one they could have it so that you keep you perk till the rep falls to about two thirds or maybe three quarters of the way (degradation over time and doing other department contracts) then you get a contract that serves as a notice that if you do no complete it you lose the perk. That way you have another incentive to keep doing contracts.

On another not what do you guys think of something like "early access" to one dig site as a perk with the science center? I know a lot of people have complained about having to unlock dinos in the same order over and over and maybe this could be a fix for that.

Last edited:
I like most of the ideas stated above ^^

Going a little off topic. I think the concept of 3 fractions from the Devs is brilliant. It does roughly represents the interests of the fanbase. I wish there will be full-blown, dedicated science, entertainment, and security DLCs/expansions in the future. Just follow your hearts and go for it, Frontier! [up]

They really need to rework them they are so useless who needs more money its so easy to get money anyway complete waste of space specially the innovation center its so huge and does only generate money it should really have more functionality

So I have been thinking of ways to make the contracts system and department system more fleshed out and something I realized is that there are a lot of aspects of the game I flat out never use or bother with. I know for some people fighting dinos is a regular thing but I rarely bother with that and I NEVER use electric fences since it costs precious electricity. I do know that there already is a contract for helping a dino get to a certain amount of wins but I think having some kind of tiered contract for dino fights offered specifically by the entertainment division would add some depth. Where as security division should have a contract for having a certain percentage of your fencing being electric fences.

The idea is that these wouldnt be regular optional contracts but in order to "max out" your rep you would have to maintain or complete the contracts to get better department perks.

So I have been thinking of ways to make the contracts system and department system more fleshed out and something I realized is that there are a lot of aspects of the game I flat out never use or bother with. I know for some people fighting dinos is a regular thing but I rarely bother with that and I NEVER use electric fences since it costs precious electricity. I do know that there already is a contract for helping a dino get to a certain amount of wins but I think having some kind of tiered contract for dino fights offered specifically by the entertainment division would add some depth. Where as security division should have a contract for having a certain percentage of your fencing being electric fences.

The idea is that these wouldnt be regular optional contracts but in order to "max out" your rep you would have to maintain or complete the contracts to get better department perks.

Even though I like the initial idea, because gaining accses to extra perks by maxing out your rep with the department centers, gives you something to strive for, I don't think this would be the right way. Locking it behind one specific condition would be bad, because you would force players to only achieve it through one way only, something that just dosn't feel right in a game about creativity. I for myself don't want dino fights in my park, so I wouldn't ver get the possibility to max out the entertaiment division (to stay by your example).

Going a little off topic. I think the concept of 3 fractions from the Devs is brilliant. It does roughly represents the interests of the fanbase.

Wait, what? Having annoying co-workers that behave like little children, represents the interest of the fanbase? Seriously, the concept of the 3 divisions is one of the worst parts of the game. It's bothersome, illogical and just badly implemented.

Aside from printing money and looking nice, they don't really serve any real purpose (just like the Wonders in Age of Empires). Their existence in itself is a paradox. They're a waste of money but can be used to generate more money based on your reputation with a specific branch of your team.

Wishful Thinking: Ideally, the three buildings should offer perks (that aren't financial) while also paving the way to new opportunities.
For example:
The original Visitor Center had a built-in restaurant, creation lab (least tangible of the bunch in-game), and a gift shop.
Maybe the Innovations Center can be upgraded to have guest services inside of it. No alterations to the exterior but, maybe the multiple entrances could double as entrances to facilities (via upgrades). That way, the I.C. could offer food and shopping options.

Maybe the I.C. could give the player access to park promotional material.
Example: Clicking on the I.C. would give the option to spend a daily/annual fee to mail out flyers/brochures to increase park attendance rates.

The Security Center could offer research upgrades for stuff like Tranquilizers or Lethal rounds for Rangers that has to be researched at that island's Security Center to make the Ranger Upgrade available at that particular island. While it would take away from the Research Center, it would give the Security Center some functionality.
Maybe the Security Center could double as a shelter (which it currently doesn't and takes damage like any other building).
Maybe you can add a weather upgrade to the S.C. that would display a timer for when the next hurricane/storm is coming.
Etcetera.

The Science Center (which is more-or-less the same as the Innovation Center) could allow the player to mix and match different dinosaurs genomes to make abominations like the ones in Jurassic World: Alive (or whatever its called).

Long story short, all the branch buildings are pointless if they don't have any functionality beyond churning out capital.

SHOUT OUT TO @jurASSaTHICC, @Alan_Grady and @RadicalEdward2

(I don't know how to quote multiple posts from different people.)

Anyways I TOTALLY AGREE 200% WITH THESE GENIUSES. THE GAME NEEDS MORE DEPTH. And seeing as these three divisions are the "core" concept of the JP franchise, this goes without saying that they NEED TO HAVE A BIGGER IMPACT IN-GAME.

My added suggestion to the aforementioned above posts are that each division should unlock a "specific" only unit corresponding to that division once it reaches a certain threshold of reputation.

For now I can only think of one thing and that's for the security division after seeing this.....

This concept are of a tranq gun. It could mean either killable workers were planned from the beginning or another unit aside from the rangers who are responsible for security. As this tranq gun is similar to the one seen on JW film.

ahron-khachik-taser-rifle-02.jpg

ahron-khachik-taser-rifle-03.jpg

While you're at it. Killable workers also will add depth to the game. I mentioned before that what appealed to me about the JP novel and films was the sense of danger it placed it's characters in. And visitor / staff deaths should be penalized HARD than what it is now. Honestly IDK how to add this to the current game we have, but I do honestly believe that with the changes mentioned in this post it'll make JWE a much more deeper park builder game.

PS. Make the island bigger when you're at it. Additional content, units and building (and even dinosaurs) are gonna mean ZERO with NO SPACE on Isla Nublar.
:)

Wait, what? Having annoying co-workers that behave like little children, represents the interest of the fanbase? Seriously, the concept of the 3 divisions is one of the worst parts of the game. It's bothersome, illogical and just badly implemented.

What I meant was the base concept, not the implementation of it. The concept is both relevant and logical when it comes to hypothetical human-Dino relationship and the interest of the gamers.

For relationship, as Director Colin said in this interview from 8:00 to 8:25, we cage them, put them in zoo, and weaponized them. We also study them for biological research. These can be translated into entertainment, security, and science interests.

For the interests of gamers, what I see is the current fanbase is roughly divided into these 3 divisions as well. More Terrain tools, decorations, attractions fall into entertainment; Better Dino AI, vulnerable workers fall into security; while More Dino behaviors, More Dinos, more accurate Dinos depictions fall into science.

I see a lot of potential with this concept when future missions involves deeper, engaging storylines highlighting these relationships that go hand in hand with deeper features highlighting the requests from the fans. I think developing a game based on real world context, interests is a natural way to go deep. I would rather they dive deep and explore each of the division instead of going mediocre by withholding risky but interesting ideas. Financially, it might be gambling on the Devs side but as a fan I crave to see what the future can be.

Aside from printing money and looking nice, they don't really serve any real purpose (just like the Wonders in Age of Empires). Their existence in itself is a paradox. They're a waste of money but can be used to generate more money based on your reputation with a specific branch of your team.

Wishful Thinking: Ideally, the three buildings should offer perks (that aren't financial) while also paving the way to new opportunities.
For example:
The original Visitor Center had a built-in restaurant, creation lab (least tangible of the bunch in-game), and a gift shop.
Maybe the Innovations Center can be upgraded to have guest services inside of it. No alterations to the exterior but, maybe the multiple entrances could double as entrances to facilities (via upgrades). That way, the I.C. could offer food and shopping options.

Maybe the I.C. could give the player access to park promotional material.
Example: Clicking on the I.C. would give the option to spend a daily/annual fee to mail out flyers/brochures to increase park attendance rates.

The Security Center could offer research upgrades for stuff like Tranquilizers or Lethal rounds for Rangers that has to be researched at that island's Security Center to make the Ranger Upgrade available at that particular island. While it would take away from the Research Center, it would give the Security Center some functionality.
Maybe the Security Center could double as a shelter (which it currently doesn't and takes damage like any other building).
Maybe you can add a weather upgrade to the S.C. that would display a timer for when the next hurricane/storm is coming.
Etcetera.

The Science Center (which is more-or-less the same as the Innovation Center) could allow the player to mix and match different dinosaurs genomes to make abominations like the ones in Jurassic World: Alive (or whatever its called).

Long story short, all the branch buildings are pointless if they don't have any functionality beyond churning out capital.

Great suggestions. I'd add that for the security centre upgrades, it would be cool to have different grades of tranquilizer..... at the moment you need to hit the bigger dinos several times to tranq them successfully..... perhaps you could research more powerful dosages or something similar and then part of the skill in shooting the dinos would be choosing the right dosages? Adds a bit more challenge - perhaps if you hit a small dino with the most powerful dose you could kill it and obvs this costs you money and lowers your dino welfare rating.

For the interests of gamers, what I see is the current fanbase is roughly divided into these 3 divisions as well. More Terrain tools, decorations, attractions fall into entertainment; Better Dino AI, vulnerable workers fall into security; while More Dino behaviors, More Dinos, more accurate Dinos depictions fall into science.

I think this is pretty far fetched, simply because most fans want more Terrain tools, decorations and attractions as much as Better Dino AI and more Dino behaviors. There is no differentiation between this groups in the fanbase, because this groups just don't exist.

Even if the main concept, the most simple form of that idea, of the three divisions seems to be a good way to add depth, in the end they are just generic quest givers and I don't think giving them even more missions and storylines will make it any better. I don't see similiar features in any other zoo building game and, honestly, I wouldn't miss them in JWE if they where gone.

There are surely things you could do, that would help them to fit better in the whole park building concept, but they would mostly need a whole recreation of the current division system and I thought about it myself, how it would be better.

I don't know if this is going to much Off-topic and I hope the mods don't mind when I explain what I mean:

First of, why is this concept here?
Because things like this are tools for the dev's to control how the player plays and how he experiences the game.
This alone makes me raise an eyebrow, because in a game about freedom and creativity, this feels odd. But maybe this is one of the parts that should force us to be creative by forcing some bounderies, just like the building space or the terrain restriction.

Now let's get a little deeper. (Just a little bit).
How can systems like this one force players to a certain playstyle?
Two ways: reward and punishment
The reward is when you unlock things by fulfilling contracts and punishment is the sabotage and the attempted mass murder (talk about being excessive), that you get when you neglect a division to much. With that the dev's make sure that you don't just rush one department after another, but you have to balance them all out.

But this whole concept isn't a really good one in my opinion. First of the reward system: It forces you to go along with the quest system so you can unlock everything, but after this, you just don't care anymore. (One of the reasons I like the initial idea of this thread)
And punishment is allways a bad way to guide players to your desiered playing experience and can even bring players to mod out that punishment (looking at you XCOM 2)
Also the way these two things play together, makes the whole unlocking process a chore for everyone who dosn't like it.

Ok, enough critcism, time to get constructive. How could this system be better? ( atleast in my opinion this would help, others may differ from that idea).
First of, get lost of the punishment, or at least reduce it. It's also very unlogical that the three departments of a company are so childish enemies. In the end, every deparment has one overlooking goal: The company should be as successfull as possible. I never hear about a department in real life, that endangered 100 or even 1000 of human lifes because they didn't get enough recognision.
Second, the rewards should have a more direct impact on your current game and you should be able to loose them (Yes, this could be considered a punishment, but it prevents the former problem that you don't care anymore once you maxed out a department).
For example: Let's say the money you get from the contracts also represents the funding that the three deparments get from you. The higher the funding, the better those departments get in their field. Low funding (few completed contracts) for the security fraction means they don't have the money for proper fence maintenance (meaning dinosaurs can break out more easely), their weapons don't work so good (rangers and ACU act slower) and so on, while a high funding will raise all those things. Same with the science department, low fundings will increase the risk of dinos dying in the hatchery and dinos are getting sick more often, and a low fundings for the entertainment department means all your guest buildings are badly maintened, which brings you unhappy visitors.

I think this way would sort out some problems.
1. Now you gain a benefit every time you fullfil a contract (besides the money, which get's quite worthless in late games anyway), so you feel rewardet everytime you complete contracts
2. The punishment isn't that big. Low fundign dosn't mean everything will go badly in an instant. It just means that things could be way better/safer.
3. More freedom in how to approach every department. No department is a necessity, so you could choose yourself which one you follow the most.

With this system, I could live with the three departments and their annoying behaviour, but that is just me and because the current system of them is quite different I don't think we will ever get to see something like what I just suggested (and this is also the reason I didn't want to make a own thread for this. I just don't think there is any chance that this will be implemented, so why bother?).

To be honest, I never really gave deep thought on the implementations. I get your points, they are all valid. I like that the reputation directly affects the actual gameplay style/quality. 100 % for it.

For my interest of gamers remark, I said ‘roughly’ because I’m not certainly sure of it and the division is not clear cut. But in my limited personal observation, some fans seem to focus only on a certain area. For instance, some fans that asked for decoration seems to have little interest on Dino AI and care less on Dino accuracy. But personally for my case, although I’m more inclined to AI/Animation, I’m not against decorations/attractions. What I’m trying to say is – it is not so much of a competition/opposition but more like special interest groups. If one day they are going to release an expensive security DLC that has associated in-depth features, I won’t hesitate to go for it as that is my dream come true. On the other hand, if it is going to be an entertainment DLC which includes tons of decoration, I might want to consider it for a while.

The reason I advocate for it is I kind of feel like they try to withhold in-depth features worrying that certain fans might not like it. So, if that really is the case, I think division of DLCs based on interest groups is the natural solution.

P/S - So sorry for going off-topic.

Edit: For storyline missions, maybe it’s only me, I’m thrilled to have JP/JW like missions, that are carefully planned, and embedded with deeply constructed features. Things like Indominus hunting with trained raptors fascinates me a lot! Of course, it is more like management/strategy style, not so much as shooter style.

Last edited:
Ok, enough critcism, time to get constructive. How could this system be better? ( atleast in my opinion this would help, others may differ from that idea).
First of, get lost of the punishment, or at least reduce it. It's also very unlogical that the three departments of a company are so childish enemies. In the end, every deparment has one overlooking goal: The company should be as successfull as possible. I never hear about a department in real life, that endangered 100 or even 1000 of human lifes because they didn't get enough recognision.
Second, the rewards should have a more direct impact on your current game and you should be able to loose them (Yes, this could be considered a punishment, but it prevents the former problem that you don't care anymore once you maxed out a department).
For example: Let's say the money you get from the contracts also represents the funding that the three deparments get from you. The higher the funding, the better those departments get in their field. Low funding (few completed contracts) for the security fraction means they don't have the money for proper fence maintenance (meaning dinosaurs can break out more easely), their weapons don't work so good (rangers and ACU act slower) and so on, while a high funding will raise all those things. Same with the science department, low fundings will increase the risk of dinos dying in the hatchery and dinos are getting sick more often, and a low fundings for the entertainment department means all your guest buildings are badly maintened, which brings you unhappy visitors.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Five stars to your idea =)

Great suggestions. I'd add that for the security centre upgrades, it would be cool to have different grades of tranquilizer..... at the moment you need to hit the bigger dinos several times to tranq them successfully..... perhaps you could research more powerful dosages or something similar and then part of the skill in shooting the dinos would be choosing the right dosages? Adds a bit more challenge - perhaps if you hit a small dino with the most powerful dose you could kill it and obvs this costs you money and lowers your dino welfare rating.

You know what would be cool? If the Security Center had an upgrade that granted the player access to surveillance cameras (from different locations/angles) on all buildings and in all enclosures.
And if Rangers were expendable, I would say an upgrades that improve the traction of vehicles and improved armor.
MYzxYTy.jpg

Top Bottom