Adressing balancing issues with mining payouts.

So we have this website around where people can get the best spot to mine a lot in short time and then the website also tells you where to get the highest price for your goods. Now the problem is to balance the game between someone who is using the website and someone who isn't and then balance THAT against everything else. Basically impossible or at least very hard to do.
I think a simple solution would be to integrate the website (along with a few other external tools like eddb.io, edastro.com and edsm.net) into the game itself. Why not put an "internet browser" into the game everyone could open up from their ships cockpit?
This way you would only have to balance mining against everything else because the tools for maximum mining payout would be available to everyone and using them would be mandatory if you wanted to max out your profits. Put it into the tutorials too so everyone knows and then it would be fine i think.

How is this a balance issue?
AFAIK everyone has access to those sites?
Sounds more like a "Personal preference/make it easy on me" issue
that means: let frontier balance it around players who use the tools and leave the noobs and console players who don't know or don't have access to them out to dry.

Top Bottom