Adventure Pack new DLC coming soon!

Well, at least we made it to post #122 before someone complained about the cost. We're collectively getting better [happy]

1. For some people, they look at DLCs as, "Frontier released an unfinished game. Why should we pay extra to have a "complete" game?
For those people, no amount of content updates will ever equal their perfect utopia of a complete/finished game.

2. For some people, the game isn't complete until they have "x" feature from their wish list. That would be easy if you were the only customer they have. They only need to listen to you! Maybe you're used to that, but I hate to break it to ya'... you're not the center of the universe.

3. Personally, I would highly prefer that Frontier (who is running a business) continues to make content and charge for it. Since they don't work for free, I think this is reasonable. The alternative is that they abandoned Planet Coaster shortly after they released it, like many game developers have done.

4. Will it ever be finished?
Well, eventually something new will come along, and business decisions will dictate that people need to be reassigned elsewhere. Let's hope that's a long way off. Right now, we get to enjoy Frontier's dedication to keeping (most of) the fans happy, content development, quality-of-life improvements, and an awesome team of community managers/PR/streams, etc. The other developers could really use a lesson on how to engage the community and keep their products alive, which is something that Frontier excels at.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
For me the "too expensive" complaint is primarily value for money -- of course "value" is different for each of us, but (much as I loved it otherwise) I found the flexi-color options in the Spooky Pack lacking on many items that obviously should've had it (the shadow-people, skeletons, rats, crows, and stuffed furniture being the easiest examples, and I've seen the spider stuff included in that list), and implemented in a way that I found significantly less useful on many of those that did (the scarecrow bat wings being a glaring exception, taunting me with the excellence that we could've had throughout). So I not only didn't get the value for my money that Frontier could've so easily provided, I don't know if I ever will -- Frontier seems to have moved on.

Now they want me to do it again. We're told there are "many" pieces with flexi-color options -- what's "many"? How usefully are they implemented? Will Frontier give me value for my money this time? Since I'm not down-voting with my money (I'm buying it regardless), my only hope of getting what I want from Frontier is in the forums.

And that's aside from the offensive "why do you think Frontier should give you stuff for free" posts when none of this is free -- we PAID FOR IT ! We paid for it when we bought the game. How much more should we pay for a game before it finally gives value for the money? [rolleyes]

There is now flexicolour on some furniture since the last update

Last edited:
I've got about 330 hours of playtime so far. I've definitely gotten my moneys worth. I've been playing mmo's my entire life, and always spend 15$ a month or more on something game related. I guess I'm just used to it. So, spending 10-11 usd doesn't bother me. Though, I can understand other peoples views and why they may have issues with it. I still think that it's a reasonable price. If the adventure pack is like the Spooky, then I think it will definitely be popular and do well.

I think we'll probably have at least 2 more dlc's in 2018, probably one in the spring, and the other in the summer. There could be a proper expansion pack announcement after that. I still think that there's a big one coming, but we won't find out about it until next year. Anyway, I'm excited for the Adventure pack. I'm looking forward to doing a temple park. The game will never be finished, that's the wonderful thing about DLC. The game is always being updated and shown love. That's the way I look at things, and if you wait long enough the DLC eventually gets discounted at 50% or more with steam. Gotta stay positive and be optimistic, it's the best way to live life.

Last edited:
There is now flexicolour on some furniture since the last update
Yes there is, thanks! Didn't spot that. Just went through the rest of the Spooky pieces I mentioned, none of them seem to have flexi-color options yet. Hope spring eternal . . . [wacky]

Edited to add: Oh my, green looks gorgeous on those! Thanks Frontier!

Last edited:
And that's aside from the offensive "why do you think Frontier should give you stuff for free" posts when none of this is free -- we PAID FOR IT ! We paid for it when we bought the game. How much more should we pay for a game before it finally gives value for the money? [rolleyes]

But as you pointed out yourself, what is "value for the money?"

Personally, I think that I bought a fairly decent game with Alpha access, and I got four free updates as well as some paid DLC. I have also played the game for nearly 500 hours (I have got to get a life!) and I'm looking forward to this next DLC. So personally, speaking totally monetarily, I believe my roughly $100 investment has cost me a grand total of 20 cents an hour. As an economics teacher (yes, I really am), I would call that good value and an excellent return on investment. But that is just me, and of course, others are going to value different things or look at it differently, and that's OK too. Everyone values something different.

You seem to feel that you paid for the game, and I could be wrong, but you feel it is incomplete and you should not have to pay for what you consider part of the base game. Correct? But Frontier has obviously already decided what the base game is, the original game and the four free updates (plus possibly more free updates, who knows?) but that is still not good enough for you?

Well, as KoreBreach said;

For some people, they look at DLCs as, "Frontier released an unfinished game. Why should we pay extra to have a "complete" game?
For those people, no amount of content updates will ever equal their perfect utopia of a complete/finished game.

Not a judgement in any way, shape, or form, just an observation.

Last edited:
. . . You seem to feel that you paid for the game, and I could be wrong, but you feel it is incomplete and you should not have to pay for what you consider part of the base game. Correct? But Frontier has obviously already decided what the base game is, the original game and the four free updates (plus possibly more free updates, who knows?) but that is still not good enough for you? . . .
Then let's hope the current customer base is enough for Frontier, because it's unlikely they're gonna find many more people who consider the current state of the game good value for the money. One-upping fellow forumites won't change that -- hope you're enjoying yourself.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Well, at least we made it to post #122 before someone complained about the cost. We're collectively getting better [happy]

1. For some people, they look at DLCs as, "Frontier released an unfinished game. Why should we pay extra to have a "complete" game?

2. For some people, the game isn't complete until they have "x" feature from their wish list. That would be easy if you were the only customer they have. They only need to listen to you! Maybe you're used to that, but I hate to break it to ya'... you're not the center of the universe.

3. Personally, I would highly prefer that Frontier (who is running a business) continues to make content and charge for it. Since they don't work for free, I think this is reasonable. The alternative is that they abandoned Planet Coaster shortly after they released it, like many game developers have done.

4. Will it ever be finished?
Well, eventually something new will come along, and business decisions will dictate that people need to be reassigned elsewhere. Let's hope that's a long way off. Right now, we get to enjoy Frontier's dedication to keeping (most of) the fans happy, content development, quality-of-life improvements, and an awesome team of community managers/PR/streams, etc. The other developers could really use a lesson on how to engage the community and keep their products alive, which is something that Frontier excels at.

its called a Business Model. Instead of selling a game in a box they do it all via the net. Instead of expansions game they want to make and continue to make money.,....we get updates. Not free ones.....there i mentioned it��

I'm perfectly fine with DLC's, especially when I can choose to buy them or not. Unlike crummy microtransactions and loot box schemes being done by a crummy 2 vowel gaming company.

Last edited:
I would maybe understand, when someone complaints about "expensive DLC", if this one would not buy other "expesive DLC's" for another game too. (doesn't count for any of our complainers)

I'm really exited about the new DLC and I wish I could buy it earlier as next monday.

Last edited:
Consider how the 5 packs combined total price is $34 which we all know will continue to increase as throughout next year if the devs release any more DLCs. Now to me, $34 for just a few DLC scenery kits is a bit high, especially since the base game had so much to offer for just $45. Personally, I'd rather wait to spend my money on a larger expansion like RCT3 had, I'm hoping for Planet Lagoon or Planet Safari to be announced sometime in the next year, and I assume those will have a larger price point.

Plus, we might also see UGC/CSO support for custom scenery, which some people say they dont want to see custom scenery, but think of all the basic walls, rocks and plants we could have with custom scenery. The DLC packs are kind of lame considering how many static objects they have. I wish the licensed DLCs had some animatronics of doc brown and the munsters, then maybe they would be more worth their price.

I agree with you, taking the price of the base game into consideration, the DLC's seem a bit expensive. For me it's totally worth it, but I can imagine others prefer to spend their money elsewhere. Lower the price, sell more, get the same profit, would be my advice.

The Planet Coaster Adventure Pack is completely optional for you to purchase – you can get it from Steam or the Frontier Store for £7.99 ($10.99, €10.99). Please note that you need to have the Planet Coaster base game in order to download and play this extra content.

Uhm, just wondering, why is the amount of euros the same as dollars?
In this case it means we (€) pay more than 10.99 dollars, so this is not fair actually. [uhh]
Correct conversion would be more like €9.99
£7.99 is like €9,1 btw

I agree with you, taking the price of the base game into consideration, the DLC's seem a bit expensive. For me it's totally worth it, but I can imagine others prefer to spend their money elsewhere. Lower the price, sell more, get the same profit, would be my advice.

Wow thank you for the polite response :) yes many of the bigger fans around here would be willing to pay double the price for the DLCs because they want to support the game they love, but not all fans are that diehard for the game. I myself love this game, but I'm not an expert builder so I mainly just enjoy seeing other players creations, which is awesome that I can do that [up] but I dont like the mini-DLCs because each pack has only a few items I really want. I will be sorely disappointed if they continue to release dozens of DLC packs, and even more so if they never release a full expansion. Its going to be really annoying for new players to get into the game if it has too many DLCs

Last edited:
Uhm, just wondering, why is the amount of euros the same as dollars?
In this case it means we (€) pay more than 10.99 dollars, so this is not fair actually. [uhh]
Correct conversion would be more like €9.99
£7.99 is like €9,1 btw

Maybe tax reasons? In the end Frontier may end up with the same amount. Always the issue when you are selling something in different regions.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
3 new screenshots that were just shown in the 24-hour Charity Livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments

GkoqrYo.png

HPl5Txg.png

o2vmQjJ.png

Top Bottom