Work In Progress Adventure theme - Ancient Egypt

Working on an adventure theme. Doing a wall set.

Capture d’écran 2018-11-21 à 13.18.17.png

@castaway what for program you are use? Blender? I have no idea how that works :D i dont now how i make the 6 LOD layers :eek: how work this? :eek:

@castaway what for program you are use? Blender? I have no idea how that works :D i dont now how i make the 6 LOD layers :eek: how work this? :eek:

Yes I'm using Blender. I usually use Blender for VFX so it was hard for me to understand the toolkit, creating assets for video games is completely different.

For the LOD layers, here is a tip I posted on another thread :

-LOD LEVELS
To make quick LOD levels in Blender. Select your object and duplicate it, and in the modifier tab (on the right of the blender interface), click "add modifier" > "Decimate". Then in the ratio instead of 1.000, put 0.8 (80%), rename it with "_L1" at the end and duplicate again your object in Blender. Then change this value to 0.5 (50%), rename it with "_L2", etc... This method is quick and easy but not perfect.
As said in the toolkit instructions, if your model doesn't have much faces, then you don't need to decimate to a very low ratio, just duplicate your L2 for example and change the name to L3. Do the same for L4, etc... Make sure to click "apply" on the decimate modifier of each LOD before exporting as an FBX

Capture d’écran 2018-11-20 à 20.50.19.png

Hope it could help !

Please share the workshop link once you get these posted. I love this set

Yes I'll do [wink]

I tried my set in game. I have to change my roughness settings, too shiny, it looks like silver during the day but really cool during the night ! [happy]
Hopping to get it out tomorrow.

20181121163029_1.jpg
20181121163042_1.jpg
20181121163124_1.jpg

Have some questions about the possibilities of creating an entire theme. I also started working on an entire theme (Ancient Rome), but just now i was checking out the toolkit for the first time since the release, and this is what i found out. It is required to select an already existing theme when uploading you models.

So..., aren't we aloud to create an entire new theme than? ?I mean... it kinda makes sense though.. Because what if the Dev's themselves also have new themes on their own agenda? Like for example Egypt or Roman?

Just wondering about this though. I don't mean spread fear about this. So don't stop what you're doing and keep up the cool work[cool]

EDIT; Hopefully we get an option to add your own theme in that selection window. So that we get an filter option in the game as well.

Yes I'm using Blender. I usually use Blender for VFX so it was hard for me to understand the toolkit, creating assets for video games is completely different.

For the LOD layers, here is a tip I posted on another thread :

-LOD LEVELS
To make quick LOD levels in Blender. Select your object and duplicate it, and in the modifier tab (on the right of the blender interface), click "add modifier" > "Decimate". Then in the ratio instead of 1.000, put 0.8 (80%), rename it with "_L1" at the end and duplicate again your object in Blender. Then change this value to 0.5 (50%), rename it with "_L2", etc... This method is quick and easy but not perfect.
As said in the toolkit instructions, if your model doesn't have much faces, then you don't need to decimate to a very low ratio, just duplicate your L2 for example and change the name to L3. Do the same for L4, etc... Make sure to click "apply" on the decimate modifier of each LOD before exporting as an FBX

View attachment 2320

Hope it could help !

Thank you so much. I try to understand Blender and the work on an 3D object for the game. :)

Have some questions about the possibilities of creating an entire theme. I also started working on an entire theme (Ancient Rome), but just now i was checking out the toolkit for the first time since the release, and this is what i found out. It is required to select an already existing theme when uploading you models.

So..., aren't we aloud to create an entire new theme than? ?I mean... it kinda makes sense though.. Because what if the Dev's themselves also have new themes on their own agenda? Like for example Egypt or Roman?

Just wondering about this though. I don't mean spread fear about this. So don't stop what you're doing and keep up the cool work[cool]

EDIT; Hopefully we get an option to add your own theme in that selection window. So that we get an filter option in the game as well.

RCT3 CS had also unlimited styles. Just put it in the best one or generic :)

Top Bottom