Advertising Rosters

Okay, we have work rosters for directing what areas our workers patrol... What if we had something similar to help us manage park congestion that works as a sort of hybrid of the work roster and security systems:

The Advertising Roster:
1.Create roster area(Works just like the work rosters)
2.Choose our advertising method and what roster to advertise.(This determines where the incoming guests of the targeted demographic are most likely to go.)
3.Set up some advertising Speakers.(Makes guests more likely to head for the chosen roster zone if they aren't able to do what they wanted. Has a limited range like the cameras, comes in both wall mounted and pole versions.)

Very much a WIP idea, what do you guys think? Does this sound feasible, and if not what do you think would need to be changed to make it workable and intuitive?

It seems like a good idea if it was fleshed out a little more, but I don't see the devs adding this. It would seem like a lot for the "guest brain" to calculate and their little heads already clog up our CPUs pretty bad. Also not sure how many people would be that interested in it

Last edited:
It seems like a good idea if it was fleshed out a little more, but I don't see the devs adding this. It would seem like a lot for the "guest brain" to calculate and their little heads already clog up our CPUs pretty bad. Also not sure how many people would be that interested in it

At the simplest I would think the guest brain would be thinking "I want to eat here drink here and ride this because I saw it on the TV." at least that was the most basic thing I was hoping such a system could simulate...

Well in RCT they had ride advertisements that effected new guests only, but it might just cause guests to over crowd that one rides queue and/or area around the queue. The speaker idea sounds cool but probably unnecessary.

Maybe what we could have is like map sign posts. Different than actual maps, the map sign post could have a specific ride with an arrow that could "potentially" (but not 100% of the time) cause guests to change their destination if they see it, thus giving you the effect your after to direct traffic flow. This would obviously also be different than a employee only/no entry sign or one way path (which we should also have)

Actually, the way it should work is, if we place a Sign of any kind, we should be able to link the sign to a ride. Then we can place a sign at the front of a park for a ride in the back of a park, and that could sway some guests to go their first over other rides, especially if you have lots of signs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom