Adverts instead of Open play

Is anyone else having an issue with open play?

When i try to enter open play I am being taken to a sales screen for PlayStation Plus. I have a valid subscription that doesn't end until 2022. Any ideas appreciated

which firmware are you running there are optional firmwares of 6.70 and 6.71... Which may be required for some account to connect to servers...

which firmware are you running there are optional firmwares of 6.70 and 6.71... Which may be required for some account to connect to servers...

I haven't checked the firmware however it was working perfectly well for a couple of weeks and then just started redirecting me to the "renew your subscription" page this afternoon. Is this a usual thing with a PS4?

I haven't checked the firmware however it was working perfectly well for a couple of weeks and then just started redirecting me to the "renew your subscription" page this afternoon. Is this a usual thing with a PS4?
Do you mean is it normal for SIE to release firmware fixes for issues ahead of time before the old servers die.. yes..
Do you mean is it normal for firmware updates to be optional.. No not realy... but if issues are only going to effect small number of accounts then instead of forcing all 90 nillion consoles then giving out an optional firmware fix won't hinder the other users...
Do you mean is the Number 1 fix for console and PCs is to see if there is an OS update, yes that normal..
Yes if you have issues thats the first fix. to see if there is a firmware fix for issues or see if the license renew in system settings fixes it...

Many others may have zero issues because they allready have the new firmware and don't connect to the same account server farm as you...

Thanks for the replies

So the PS4 is fully up to date in terms of firmware and the game is also patched up to date.

What I wondered was normal or not was the PlayStation Plus Network to redirect you to Renew your Subscription screens at random intervals. As an aside it seems Sony had issues with their purchasing system today and having been in IT for over 30 years and as a Technical Architect / Systems Integrator I wouldn't be at all surprised if this issue wasn't linked to that, as the system will check the status of your subscription before allowing you to play multiplayer games and was possibly receiving incorrect authentication tickets. Either way i'm sure Sony won't tell us :)

Yes I had this yesterday. It was a Sony issue. other people were complaining when trying to play other games online they were prompted to purchase PS plus. Also I couldn't claim the free games till it went away.

Top Bottom