Ships Advice?

Hello, I am a Bounty Hunter mainly (currently in a Viper) but looking to get into trading. And I'm thinking the Asp might be what I'm looking for, I'm just about half way there to getting one and am just wondering if there's another ship better than the Asp I should save up for, or if I should just get a different ship right now (like a type 6 or something) and just save up through trading and such. If there are more experienced Elite players who have been in the same situation and could give some advice I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks. :)

The Asp is mainly for exploration/multipurpose, so it's really just a matter of what you focus on.

If you want to do trips where you'll maybe go a long distance, scanning things along the way, delivering cargo at the other end and then doing some RES farming, the Asp is good enough at all of these to accomplish it.
If you just want to keep bounty hunting, the Vulture may be a good bet - it's what some would call the next step up from the Viper as a combat ship.

I personally didn't enjoy the Type 6, but it did have a massive cargo capacity for the price.
The consensus, however, seems to be that unless trading rares, the T6 isn't quite large enough to make serious money out of regular trade routes.

Hope that helps.

he said yes, buy the ASP

we don't call it "the Cobra's big brother" for nothing, this ship is the best specialized explorer by far AND a very good multi-purpose ship.

it is the most modular ship of ED, you can tune it into anything, or keep it balanced to do everything.

i spent some time in it, and even if it is not my favorite kind of ship (to OP and to much cargo), i really liked it.

the ASP is very cheap, but the components are costy, so you can buy it very early but don't expect any miracle for combat before you got at least 10-12 millions

I went from the Viper to Vulture for bounty hunting. It paid itself really quick at Resource Extraction Sites. And even helped me get a Type-7. You can do a bit of exploration in local systems but it is not at all fit for trading.
If you enjoy a multi-purpose ship for trading and doing a bit of everything, buy the ASP. It will take you some time to get the credits for hard bounty hunting work though.

Okay, after doing a bit more research I will probably go for the Vulture. Thanks for the advice everyone.

buy the Vulture and upgrade it. keep bounty hunting till you can buy the Asp, the Asp is one of the best "cheaper" ships in game it can do anything including BH but shines in exploration and trade till you need more bulk cargo room.

Top Bottom