COMPLETED CG Aegis Appeal for Guardian Artefacts

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary COMPLETE
System: Delphi
Station: Alexandria (Megaship, large pads available, 2,069 Ls from main star, 357.20 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver Guardian Caskets, Orbs, Relics, Tablets, Totems and Urns
Time limit: 29th April 3307 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
Ancient objects left behind by the Guardians have been requested by Aegis for a new anti-xeno research programme.
The Guardians were an intelligent humanoid species whose civilisation collapsed over a million years ago, and who were engaged in hostilities with the Thargoid race.
Professor Alba Tesreau, head of Aegis Research, gave this statement:
At the Galactic Summit, Aegis agreed to undertake a fresh analysis of Guardian technology. The hope is that this will lead to the development of more effective defences against the Thargoids. We therefore require new samples to compare with Ram Tah’s groundbreaking work on this mysterious species.
Guardian artefacts including those previously identified as caskets, orbs, relics, tablets, totems and urns are needed. These can be unearthed from the ancient ruins scattered across dozens of worlds.
Pilots are asked to deliver their shipments to Aegis Research at the Alexandria megaship in the Delphi system.
If Tier 1 is reached, the top 75% of contributors will have Guardian Gauss Cannons unlocked and a fixed Class 2 Rating B Guardian Gauss Cannon placed into storage at the Alexandria megaship in the Delphi system by the 30th of April 3307.
For the duration of this initiative, Aegis has organised for a Guardian technology broker to be present on the Alexandria. For each tier above Tier 2 that is reached, the technology broker will remain present on the Alexandria for one additional week.
The initiative begins on the 22nd of April 3307 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
To earn rewards, you must sign up as an active participant before delivering Guardian caskets, orbs, relics, tablets, totems and urns to the Alexandria megaship in the Delphi system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • The Alexandria megaship is orbiting planet Delphi 4, in the rings
  • Megaship services: Commodities Market, Black Market, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Interstellar Factor, Technology Broker (Guardian)
  • Prices at the Alexandria:
    • Caskets: 162,940 Cr/T
    • Orbs: 174,150 Cr/T
    • Relics: 249,620 Cr/T
    • Tablets: 174,150 Cr/T
    • Totems: 204,370 Cr/T
    • Urns: 149,070 Cr/T
Latest status
Last updated: 27 April 20:09 UTC- COMPLETE

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 400,007 tonnes delivered (Tier 5 target: 400K)
Contributors: 4,078
Reward Tier: 5/5
Global Reward: Guardian technology broker stay extended 3 weeks
Top 10 CMDRs: 40,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 30,000,000 CR
Top 25%:24,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 15,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 6,600,000 CR
Top 100%: 800,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Don't forget the cash - prices seem pretty high to me, even if the collection mechanism could be considered a bit tedious ...

Or we could not grind our asses off just so that Aegis can do more war profiteering? Just a suggestion, though I'd bet Tier 1 is set nice and low as usual. We're better off without them.

• Park ship as close to 2 relic spawn points as possible
  • Pick 2 up, return to ship & transfer to cargo bay
  • relog, rinse, repeat ad nauseum.

Yup, I was just thinking about that. I don't think it's worth the hassle for an unengineered module that costs 543K or less.

And the cash rewards? Mm. My 792 ton Cutter –which would take forever to load– would make me 197 million in relics. I can make that in 2 hours of trading.

I think I'll sit this one out.

you all can whine and cry
I am going to get as much guardian gubbins as humanly possible!
I want more guardian tech!
I'll solo it to level 5 if I have to!
I wouldn't expect more Guardian tech. All dev work is still on Odyssey, hence why the current narratives are recycling mechanics already in place (making good use of them to be clear, but it's still recycling).

What I am expecting is for Aegis to flail around a bit, stir up the hive of 'goids, and then sit back and count the money while crying to the Pilot's Federation to clean up their mess. I think we're overdue another nebula expansion, maybe they could do that, they love building stations in Thargoid territory.

I wouldn't expect more Guardian tech. All dev work is still on Odyssey, hence why the current narratives are recycling mechanics already in place (making good use of them to be clear, but it's still recycling).

What I am expecting is for Aegis to flail around a bit, stir up the hive of 'goids, and then sit back and count the money while crying to the Pilot's Federation to clean up their mess. I think we're overdue another nebula expansion, maybe they could do that, they love building stations in Thargoid territory.
and what if there is still locked guardian stuff?
and what if after odessy releases fdev say "well you all didn't get level 5 in that old cg so no new guardian content"
does everyone forget how epic the guardian FSD booster is?!
You really want to throw away the chance the maybe the possibility that we could get new content cause "oh who is me I am too lazy to do a recycled cg"

At a goal of 400K hopfully I have enough time to collect a few orbs and make into thte top 75%. I dont think that wil happen CG will end way before I even have time to log in tonight.

and what if there is still locked guardian stuff?
and what if after odessy releases fdev say "well you all didn't get level 5 in that old cg so no new guardian content"
does everyone forget how epic the guardian FSD booster is?!
You really want to throw away the chance the maybe the possibility that we could get new content cause "oh who is me I am too lazy to do a recycled cg"
If Frontier want to release a new module, they'll release a new module. It's highly unlikely that this is for a new module, rather the storyline implications of Aegis getting another fresh batch of Guardian tech. I would prefer it if they didn't.

(Also, if it is for a new module, they'll just move the tiers like that one previous Aegis CG where it wasn't going to hit Tier 1 due to actually requiring interaction with Thargoids instead of a commodity market.)

Last edited:
If you do AX combat you are well aware that what AX pilots need is material trader for heatsinks and flak cannon synthesis, we use them like crazy. at AXI we have been waiting for those mat traders in Pleiades for years. instead mat traders were added in Witch Head and Coalsack nebulae

And now there is an AX-related CG in Pleiades where the reward is a Gauss cannon that everyone buys at Shinrata anyway

What a waste, another time all our suggestions were ignored and we are getting stuff nobody needed.

Mat Trader, Raw and Manufactured, please

I wish they'd give us some engineered Guardian stuff. A guardian plasma accelerator engineered G5 efficient might actually occasionally be worth using.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom