AEGIS Core faction sighted at Sol

Aegis Core Relocates to Sol

31 AUG 3304

In May, a criminal organisation known as the Socho Gold Raiders assumed control of the Socho system, headquarters of Aegis Core.

Since then the system has descended further into chaos, culminating in the loss of services at Dantec Enterprise due to Thargoid sensor-related interference. This in turn led to the temporary immobilisation of Aegis’s Eagle Eye network, a system of orbital installations designed to determine potential Thargoid attack sites.

In the wake of this calamity, Federal President Zachary Hudson has announced that Aegis Core is to relocate from Socho to the Federal home system of Sol.

In a statement broadcast directly from the White House on Mars, Hudson said:

“Recent events in Socho have taught us that no matter the scale of the Thargoid threat, there will always be those more interested in fighting their fellow man than engaging the enemy.”

“Let me be clear: we are at war. The weakening of our defences cannot be tolerated. I have therefore agreed that Aegis Core will relocate to the Sol system, where it can be properly protected.”

“Aegis has been charged with defending humanity, and any attempt to undermine it is nothing less than an act of treason.”

Didn’t @Jmanis or someone UA Bomb an AEGIS CG?

I remember there was a Hand Of God fix came in just before they removed the UA bombing mechanic.

Was that to do with AEGIS and the relocation to Sol?
Or have I got it less than half right again?

On a related note, I’m back out at the Crashed Thargoid ship on HIP 17403. I’m picking up a UA to open the door at an active Thargoid site. (Don’t ask, it’s shameful) Haven’t been out here since the bad old days of Operation Stinkbomb against the skimmer scummers of Naitis.
The new probe scan game mechanic that reveals everything showed up this thing I hadn’t seen.
Research Base LV87.
Thargoid interceptor cruising above doing ground scans. No faction Cobras and Kraits coming and going, doors of their hinges, green glowing gas. Creepy ass audio logs.
Creepy audio logs.
Been in game at least a year, but I haven’t been back out.

I did a lap in the SRV, but in addition to the power glitches off the interceptor, my USB hub kept power cycling so my whole rig and the sound card kept cutting out. Weird weird experience. In my lap I was particularly looking for AEGIS logos or the mycoid symbol. I missed it if it was there.
A few non-standard structures too.

Anyways just thought I’d flag that there is cool content in the game, because I’ve been giving this Forum a bit of stick about Frontier’s lack of engagement with player generated content, and they must feel the same way - that like only a hundred people have even seen Research Base LV 87.

Last edited:
Didn’t Jmanis or someone UA Bomb an AEGIS CG?

I remember there was a Hand Of God fix came in just before they removed the UA bombing mechanic.

Was that to do with AEGIS and the relocation to Sol?
Or have I got it less than half right again?
AEGIS got kicked out of system control just before the CG, which is why they've moved to Sol. Probably not connected with the UA bombing removal, though - I think their old station did get UA-bombed at some point, but fixed well before the CG.

AEGIS got kicked out of system control just before the CG, which is why they've moved to Sol. Probably not connected with the UA bombing removal, though - I think their old station did get UA-bombed at some point, but fixed well before the CG.
They moved to Sol last YEAR, FDev isn't that slow with adding factions

They moved to Sol last YEAR, FDev isn't that slow with adding factions
Yes, yes they are. Still waiting for other CG stuff to be added (look how long the DW2 stuff took, and there are things missing from before then) I imagine they forgot until this II talked about them, then that brought it to mind and added them. 🤷‍♀️

Yes, yes they are. Still waiting for other CG stuff to be added (look how long the DW2 stuff took, and there are things missing from before then) I imagine they forgot until this II talked about them, then that brought it to mind and added them. 🤷‍♀️
I guess their slowness is legendary after all

Aegis Core Relocates to Sol

31 AUG 3304

In May, a criminal organisation known as the Socho Gold Raiders assumed control of the Socho system, headquarters of Aegis Core.

Since then the system has descended further into chaos, culminating in the loss of services at Dantec Enterprise due to Thargoid sensor-related interference. This in turn led to the temporary immobilisation of Aegis’s Eagle Eye network, a system of orbital installations designed to determine potential Thargoid attack sites.

In the wake of this calamity, Federal President Zachary Hudson has announced that Aegis Core is to relocate from Socho to the Federal home system of Sol.

In a statement broadcast directly from the White House on Mars, Hudson said:

“Recent events in Socho have taught us that no matter the scale of the Thargoid threat, there will always be those more interested in fighting their fellow man than engaging the enemy.”

“Let me be clear: we are at war. The weakening of our defences cannot be tolerated. I have therefore agreed that Aegis Core will relocate to the Sol system, where it can be properly protected.”

“Aegis has been charged with defending humanity, and any attempt to undermine it is nothing less than an act of treason.”
The Empire is capable to protect itself without Federation and Alliance, the glory of the Empire is what matter the most, we don't want to back stab by Aegis.

GARD is pledged to defend Earth first and foremost. We also support AEGIS in their research and development of strategies, weapons and resources to fight and defeat the Thargoid threat.

While we have little loyalty to the Federal President or his cabinet, know this...

Messing with Aegis in Sol will be viewed as treachery to humanity. Tread carefully, this isn't the middle of nowhere any more, you have been warned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom