Aegis or Salvation: Who do you side with?

I'm still not 100% sure that's right. It would mean both \C1 and _C3 are code for L.

Thanks for crediting me though :D
So yeah I just noted the logic behind it:
(small letters were not in the message)

|A1 A
|B1 b
|C1 C

|A2 d
|B2 E
|C2 f

|A3 G
|B3 h
|C3 I

_A1 j
_B1 k
_C1 L

_A2 m
_B2 N
_C2 O

_A3 p
_B3 q
_C3 L ?

\A1 S
\B1 T
\C1 u

\A2 V
\B2 w
\C2 x

\A3 Y
\B3 z
\C3

So it would be "Aegis can't save sou". They messed up the first or last letter of "sou" (you/sol)

New_Thing_25-06-21.png

Edit: oi

Screenshot_20210629-181155_Discord.jpg

Last edited:
I think I may have been a bit too subtle with the question. What I was asking for was something from FDEV to give some background to the Q .. while there may well be a lot of stuff scattered about the forums, including a lot of guff and nonsense, so it would be good if they said "here's what we know so far" and pointed to some background info. Giving players additional information (more so for new/returning players) gives context to the question of "which side" because as I said, right now, I don't care, as both names mean nothing to me. What I want to know is (and pref from FDEV), is why should I care? What's going on? Who are either of them? What's the lore?

Give some context.
It would be nice to have a definitive canon source for lore, short of wading through all of the Galnet archives (which are in no way conclusive).

Sure there are third party sites like wiki(s) but those contain outdated information and a mixture of lore and gameplay stuff.

There is of course the in game Codex, but that is not updated.

Last edited:
It would be nice to have a definitive canon source for lore, short of wading through all of the Galnet archives (which are in no way conclusive).

Sure there are third party sites like wiki(s) but those contain outdated information and a mixture of lore and gameplay stuff.
At least I don't feel alone ... thank you Commander.

There is of course the in game Codex, but that is not updated.
I find the Wiki is actually very good, I can only think of one instance where it had unsourced info (claiming the Hesperus used a Quirium drive, and I don't think even Frontier know what the hell kind of drive it uses). GalNet articles make up the vast majority of lore in the game, and the Wiki is a good summary of that. It's just unfortunate that the official GalNet websites suck for viewing historical stuff, and while Inara has some subject filters, those are very outdated and random.

Extract from Galnet News article referring to the so-called "Far God Cult" released on 19 July 3307 states:

“The cult has no official name or spokespeople, and its followers willingly replace their names with titles such as adherent, disciple and witness. This dehumanising approach includes its members wearing simple black robes and making their hive-chapels resemble Thargoid bio-technology, complete with ammonia fumes.”

With the reference to the spokespeople's names I can't help but feel that "Salvation" might also be a spokesperson of the Far God Cult. Perhaps even their leader. The motivation for this would likely be to remove the Guardian technology from our grasp to ensure that we are all also "Saved" by the supposed coming of the Far God.

Am I overthinking this, or do others here think that the two could be correlated as well?

Greetings Commanders!

The latest Community Goal pits two rivals against each other in Aegis and Salvation - but which way are you siding?

What are your thoughts and theories on Salvation so far? Do you think they will bring much needed change or will you be sticking with Aegis?

Let us know and feel free to vote in the Twitter poll if you like!

o7

Source: https://twitter.com/i/status/1408443502694969353
Maybe I should be happy that I don't understand what any of this means, but I feel like this is an issue with the way the game is set up. I'm speaking for a lot of people that don't come to the forums... It's hard for a semi casual player to get involved in any of this stuff or even be aware that it is a thing.

Extract from Galnet News article referring to the so-called "Far God Cult" released on 19 July 3307 states:

“The cult has no official name or spokespeople, and its followers willingly replace their names with titles such as adherent, disciple and witness. This dehumanising approach includes its members wearing simple black robes and making their hive-chapels resemble Thargoid bio-technology, complete with ammonia fumes.”

With the reference to the spokespeople's names I can't help but feel that "Salvation" might also be a spokesperson of the Far God Cult. Perhaps even their leader. The motivation for this would likely be to remove the Guardian technology from our grasp to ensure that we are all also "Saved" by the supposed coming of the Far God.

Am I overthinking this, or do others here think that the two could be correlated as well?
Just read the Sacrosanct's flight plan. Loading AX kit now, departure for Cal Sec in 40.

Top Bottom