Ships AFMU can't seem to buy ammo

I'm just starting out here, figuring things out. I read about the AFMU and it sounded cool, so I put one on my Sidewinder, but everywhere I go it has the buy ammo red and the unit itself came saying it has no materials. I read the WIKI and it said I have to find a station that has the "Re-Arm" function, but I've yet to find a station with that function. Annoyingly in the "Quick Maintenance" section the "restock" bar says 100%, which is clearly a lie. I'm so confused.

Also, the documentation says that every ship can have a vehicle attached, but I have yet to find a station that has a vehicle hanger as an option. I am definitely running "horizons" as I select Horizons in Steam and the launcher says Horizons in several places and I can land on the planets, but I can't do anything once I'm there.

What the hell am I missing here?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
It sounds to me like your AFMU is full on ammo. Can you provide a screenshot of what makes you think it is not. They typically come fully charged when you install them and fill up when you do restock at the main station interface.

Try finding a nearby station that sells planetary vehicle hangars on EDDB or similar. Note that the smallest size of these is 2 so if you try to browse the inventory while opening a size 1 slot they will never show up. Don’t forget to buy the vehicle after you have bought the hangar.

It sounds to me like your AFMU is full on ammo. Can you provide a screenshot of what makes you think it is not. They typically come fully charged when you install them and fill up when you do restock at the main station interface.

Try finding a nearby station that sells planetary vehicle hangars on EDDB or similar. Note that the smallest size of these is 2 so if you try to browse the inventory while opening a size 1 slot they will never show up. Don’t forget to buy the vehicle after you have bought the hangar.
Shoot, since I couldn't get it to work I sold it, so I can't get a screen shot. But I remember a screen that showed four different elements with zero values and there was some message on the AFMU page, but I don't remember what it was. Maybe I was just confused.

As to the vehicle thing, I thought I could just leave two 1 slots open and get an item worth 2 slots. I didn't realize that the 2-slots weren't just two 1-slots combined together. I don't think this is clearly documented. I was able to get the vehicle.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions!

Top Bottom