African Buffalo = profit?

The solution is to not care about the contest, to take the time to pause the game, to develop the zoo with species available at a fair price, to grow CC at a normal pace by selling and releasing at a normal price and when wanting a speculated species to take the time to look for good opportunities (I could grab a few giraffes that way to start a breeding program). It's not really enjoyable to spend so much time refreshing the market waiting for an offer from a player of the middle group, but it allows to keep the zoo running and be satisfied to remain in the middle group and continue to sell at normal price in hope that at least some of the animals will reach players that really need them.
But in that case you might aswell play non franchise and just challenge mode if you "should not" care for the contest right :p ?

No, because in challenge mode you can't have animals with better genetics in the market because the best animals usually come from other players. Fortunately the challenge is not the heart and only feature of Franchise mode, and I even think Franchise mode would do better without it.

Some very good points from everybody in this thread.

Yesterday I sold some gold African Wild Dogs and Galapagos Tortoises under the lowest price on the market and it makes me sad to think that somebody might have bought it and resold it for much higher. I honestly just want other people to have a chance at breeding good animals and enjoy the game. I know they are not "high tier" animals like pandas, but somebody wanted 2k for a tortoise with worse stats than mine. People are SO greedy. :cautious: What's strange is that you can earn a lot of CC by just releasing animals into the wild so it's not like the market is the only way.

I love Franchise mode and I like that it's a challenge, but Frontier really needs to do something about the market. I hope they implement direct trading.

But in that case you might aswell play non franchise and just challenge mode if you "should not" care for the contest right :p ?

I play like Dae wrote. I do care about the challenge and it's an extra goal, but if I can't participate I'm not angry about it. I still play the game normally. I don't do farms. If I can participate that's great, but I will not go over and beyond to contribute if my zoo can't handle it or if it's not the vision I have.

Some very good points from everybody in this thread.

Yesterday I sold some gold African Wild Dogs and Galapagos Tortoises under the lowest price on the market and it makes me sad to think that somebody might have bought it and resold it for much higher. I honestly just want other people to have a chance at breeding good animals and enjoy the game. I know they are not "high tier" animals like pandas, but somebody wanted 2k for a tortoise with worse stats than mine. People are SO greedy. :cautious: What's strange is that you can earn a lot of CC by just releasing animals into the wild so it's not like the market is the only way.

I love Franchise mode and I like that it's a challenge, but Frontier really needs to do something about the market. I hope they implement direct trading.
Yes Peppy, I suspect the mode would not be in its current state if:

1) Farming on other zoo's with no punishment of negative saldo was possible.
2) If releasing into the wild would actually not earn so much credits. 200-300 for high end animals per release would make it so people would think twice and try sell it on the market instead of releasing. At the moment you are able to buy golden lions for less then 1000 CC and sell them for 1200-1500 CC while releasing. Its a poor system.

Nonetheless even if they change it now, there is still a huge inflation of CC in the market right now. Changing it would only punish poor players more as rich players don't care that already sit on 300 k + CC. So my cunclusion still is, beyond repair :).

Yes Peppy, I suspect the mode would not be in its current state if:

1) Farming on other zoo's with no punishment of negative saldo was possible.
2) If releasing into the wild would actually not earn so much credits. 200-300 for high end animals per release would make it so people would think twice and try sell it on the market instead of releasing. At the moment you are able to buy golden lions for less then 1000 CC and sell them for 1200-1500 CC while releasing. Its a poor system.

Nonetheless even if they change it now, there is still a huge inflation of CC in the market right now. Changing it would only punish poor players more as rich players don't care that already sit on 300 k + CC. So my cunclusion still is, beyond repair :).

Honestly I'm still enjoying the game so much. I have faith Frontier will figure it out. :)

So my cunclusion still is, beyond repair :).

And that after i read months before the release about the "puppy mill" problem in beta.
Its not that it wasn't foreseeable, they simply didn't gave a moo.
As i said, all those "conservation mindset" and "releation to animals" was pr-gag, nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, its not gamebreaking, you still can have tons of fun with the game.

But everyone with some experience in competitive gaming and online gaming could have forseen what happens
(it is unbelievable that cou can't get bankrupt in the so-called "managment" part).
When i hate one thing in this genre that its pr related hypocrisy.
And if you want to participate on anything related to franchise you get punished for not treating your animals like crap or
exploiting stupid game mechanics (never get bankrupt).

I had 150 bengal tigers bred in my one test-puppy mill in a day.
I researched all stuff for the tigers just before i ran out of money, took all 3 loans, built all enrichments and facilities and set the zoo opening
time to 1 hours, the ticket price to 200 $.
The smelly visitors didn't came anymore, i had a ton of employees and the animals had 100% welfare all of the time
(but the dozens of injuries due the auto-injure-animal "feature").
In the end the animals was happy, i had made a ton of CC and 7.000.000 $ debts.
I was asking myself for what they had a beta testing phase and was relieved when i closed this madness of a zoo.

And that after i read months before the release about the "puppy mill" problem in beta.
Its not that it wasn't foreseeable, they simply didn't gave a moo.
As i said, all those "conservation mindset" and "releation to animals" was pr-gag, nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, its not gamebreaking, you still can have tons of fun with the game.

But everyone with some experience in competitive gaming and online gaming could have forseen what happens
(it is unbelievable that cou can't get bankrupt in the so-called "managment" part).
When i hate one thing in this genre that its pr related hypocrisy.
And if you want to participate on anything related to franchise you get punished for not treating your animals like crap or
exploiting stupid game mechanics (never get bankrupt).

I had 150 bengal tigers bred in my one test-puppy mill in a day.
I researched all stuff for the tigers just before i ran out of money, took all 3 loans, built all enrichments and facilities and set the zoo opening
time to 1 hours, the ticket price to 200 $.
The smelly visitors didn't came anymore, i had a ton of employees and the animals had 100% welfare all of the time
(but the dozens of injuries due the auto-injure-animal "feature").
In the end the animals was happy, i had made a ton of CC and 7.000.000 $ debts.
I was asking myself for what they had a beta testing phase and was relieved when i closed this madness of a zoo.
Yes, this. You get my point 100%. I wasn't in beta. So what you say now dissepoints me even more how non caring and incompetent the devs are regarding this subject. I still love the game and it is very pretty, ofcourse it has its flaws regarding to performance like planet coaster. But there is a lot of freedom nonetheless. Although this system of bankrupt/no consequenses that makes mass farming and thus CC inflation even possible is, I cannot understand how devs could not have seen this beforehand or acted on posts apparently during beta.

In a way I can't believe they did not care though, maby time pressure of release? More pressing bugs to pump out that game on release? Dunno... Game shuld have been in beta longer. Im dissepointed in the devs. And Im very dissepointed on community managers not responding on the post either, they are active at this very moment on other posts yet not on this one. While I feel this is breaking the mode apart left and right. But I supose I am in the minority of thinking this. Maby thatswhy nobody bothers to say like: Heeey... we looking into this.. or we are fixing this... or it works as we wanted it to work. Hmmmm... :)

To be honest the community managers are the last ones to blame for these problems.
They don't make the decisions in the game develeopment.
They can do and write nothing but that they redirecting feedback to the responsibles.

And besides that, this matter is dead.
What could have done about it had to be done before release, not now.

I for myself just hope that so annoying things like the constantly finghting and the insolent auto-injury-system on the animals will get sorted out.
The "community" aspect is what it is.
Once i take a break from this game, i won't come back for franchise mode thats for sure.

To be honest the community managers are the least to blame for these problems.
They don't make the decisions in the game develeopment.
They can do and write nothing but that they redirecting feedback to the responsibles.

And besides that, this matter is dead.
What could have done about it had to be done before release, not now.

I for myself just hope that so annoying things like the constantly finghting and the insolent auto-injury-system on the animals will get sorted out.
The "community" aspect is what it is.
Once i take a break from this game, i won't come back for franchise mode thats for sure.
Yes, you are right. I just started a park in challenge mode. Gotta start all over again cries Ahwell. It can only get better for now. I supose challenge has more challenge then francise. As it will probably be harder to get perfect golden animals etc. Gotta do the work myself now instead of buying perfect animals on the francise store :p I supose it can only be more fun from now on :)

It is likely that I'm 'funding' the resellers.. but I like to think I manage to help out a decent buyer here and there. I hope targeted franchise trading can be done in the future. I'd like to be able to help out specific people with a personal trade.

YES, please. Personal trade and I will play franchise with a smile on my face. That would finally make it possible to play a game together and not against each other and thrive for the conservation idea.

I see the problem with personal trading, because people could and probably will exploit it. But on the other hand I would love to be able to trade animals with my friends. So far I had a lot of fun playing franchise and breeding animals and selling them for prices I thought were fair. I never bothered to look, if people resold them. I was just happy, that my gold female zebra sold for 800cc and I didnt have to release her to the wild for 24CC 😅

I see posts of people having giant zoo's with 20 identical habitats just to farm... my god.. u ppl even have fun xD?

Unfortunately, at least from my experience, any online multiplayer game where people can gather resources will encourage a certain population of "farmers" - players who don't play it so much for fun, but farm the hell out of it to maximize resources and stay on top.

You are too kind Yessica, but you are probably just funding the "stock buyers and sellers". When I sold my animal and kept track of it as said... It was reposted so fast. It felt like a bloody computer was doing the job. People are playing the market like AH in MMO's. I supose if thats your thing... Sure. But the problem with this all starting is that people can mass breed animals in secondary zoo's without punishment. You can just max loan and put 10 habitats in it, buy animals ( lions ) with CC and mass farm and sell them. Because the game does not punish you for being bankrupt.

I DESPISE myself for trying this mass farming yesterday after I made the first post. My reasons being that I simply could not keep up with the prices of animals, I couldnt pause my game for one second to expand cuz every second seems to matter to make money so you can actually save up to buy more animals for next week challenge.

So I made 4 habitats and bought for 10 k CC golden lions. all one male and 1 female. In a matter of 2 hours I now am up to 51 golden lions. And already sold over 20-30 because I earned in these 2 hours 30 k CC. ( keep in mind I have 51 still in the habitats now) Basicly 51 x 1000 CC. So in a matter of 2 hours I made 70 k CC.
My park is bankrupt. minus 1 million is dollar debt. But it does not matter, conservation points is all that keep the poopoo rolling. Your employees will still work despite you are bankrupt, still getting paid with money that isnt there. Animals can still be fed.

This system NUKED the CC market. If this type of breeding wasnt there, I am sure there was a lot less CC on accounts.Meaning animals would sell for more reasonable prices? speculation( (obviously people would still find a way to farm and not go bankrupt if there was actually punishment for being in negative saldo) But not as much as it would be now...

After I farmed 2 hours yesterday I despised myself so much for taking part in what other people do.. yet again I felt I had no choice If I wanted to keep up. But honestly I went to bed and felt so dissepointed that this seem to be the only way if you want to have enough CC for next week + to buy other nice animals. ( a lot of animals are simply 10 k CC now) ...

..soooo. I quit franchise per of today. This mode is so broken and beyond repair with the current influx of CC people already have. I feel like I did nothing wrong tho. Its not an exploit or bug, the same system was there in planet coaster. Going into negative saldo had no consequenses on your staff. You just couldnt buy stuff anymore. Yet you could still hire 30 addiional staff.... Sigh... But I quit. I am no longer taking part of this illness mode.

I am not first person telling this problem on forum. Yet there seem NO frontier staff replying on this insanely big problem that in my opinion breaks the entire mode. But even if they do fix it by implementing ways that mass farming is no longer viable.... the current ammount of CC on the market is already there. So no fix will probably fix it.

I read a post recently where the OP said soemthing like this: ‘The problem with Franchise is that people want to play it like a zoo game when it is nothing but a “playing the market” game.’ And he is absolutely right.

I love the basic principles of the Franchise mode and have not yet fully given up on it, but I am currently building a zoo in Sandbox and in Challenge mode. I would love it if Frontier could implement some mechanics to control the market. “The market will regulate itself” - yeah, it has, but not in a good way. With the Community challenges being what they are and with lots of players swimming in enough CC to buy any animal they want - not a chance. Good thing Frontier did create the Challenge mode!

The solution is to not care about the contest, to take the time to pause the game, to develop the zoo with species available at a fair price, to grow CC at a normal pace by selling and releasing at a normal price and when wanting a speculated species to take the time to look for good opportunities (I could grab a few giraffes that way to start a breeding program). It's not really enjoyable to spend so much time refreshing the market waiting for an offer from a player of the middle group, but it allows to keep the zoo running and be satisfied to remain in the middle group and continue to sell at normal price in hope that at least some of the animals will reach players that really need them.
I agree! I pause my zoo a lot so I can build. I check in with the market to find matches for my singles or to start with a new species but if I don't find within my budget I just move on and come back to it later or another day. Its my franchise and I'm not competing with anyone else.
When i sell/trade animals to the market I usually make an estimate of their worth to me in setting price, not whether it makes a profit from what i spent on the breeding pair. For example I'll sell a gold warthog for 150 ccs, a silver for 125 and a bronze for 100...the rest go for the default price or just a bit higher if they have good stats. Those are the prices I would want to pay myself if i was looking. Where rare animals are concerned I can see the logic for a higher mark up. The higher price should reflect the amount of effort spent in your breeding program but as others have mentioned right now it often reflects the mass breeding programs being utilized or the buy and resell at higher price.
I bought a gorilla pair just for the challenge but there were none available that I could find at a reasonable price until 3 days before the challenge ended. The pair had 3 offspring but only 2 reached adulthood before the end of the challenge. I released one of the breeding pair just so i could get the next reward and now I have just the female and 1 offspring. Oh well, i had wanted to put lemurs in that habitat anyway.

I would like to see the # of animals allowed in our Trade Centers to be increased or find some solution. Like a middle storage for animals you are trying to sell - they are no longer available to you (all decisions final!) but while you wait for them to sell they are not taking up 1 of those 30 spots in your TC. Because I want some spots so I can buy that African Buffalo when it finally is in my price range then hang on to it in storage until I can find the mate...often I'm sitting at full TC while I wait for things to sell.

I completely agree! I have done just what you say I have only about 17k in cc, this is my second franchise zoo after the first one was mildly successful and then just became to big and too in the red to sustain. I'm growing very very slowly this time I have my Galapagos tortoise, red panda's, chimpanzees, gorillas and cheetahs. I try to plan out what animal I want next and then occasionally check the market for a decent pair. I can normally find a good candidate in the range of 2-3k not gold, but that's why I do slow selective breeding, no inbreeding. As soon as I have a great genetic candidate from the offspring I keep them saved back in the trading center trade the rest or if poor genetics release to the wild. When their parents die of old age, then I bring them back to the habitat and find a nice mate for them on the market. It has kept my gene pool clean and many of my animals are near perfect genetics. I released 2 Gorilla's but I didn't change any of the way I play. I mean if all you want is cc and an avatar costume for your character, then that's your thing, I just enjoy the game :)

I see the problem with personal trading, because people could and probably will exploit it. But on the other hand I would love to be able to trade animals with my friends.

Mainly this, my friend picked up the game recently and I'd love to help him out with some nice stat animals in his franchise. We're friends on Steam, so to be able to trade to those people you've friended on Steam would be nice.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy playing franchise. Just think it would be nice to set up a friend-trade like that :)

Top Bottom