After my first trip i had some questions

Well it has the blue arc around it indicating it can be....try it?? Shouldn't work so a bug?
Kinda late to check it (system is far away from the bubble and i'm too lazy to go back) but i thought that somebody also found something like this

According to EDSM it's a landable icy body, 20,029 km radius with a mass equivalent to 21 earth masses and a gravity of 2.13g.

Thanks for replies. I've suggested outfitting Mamba for longer and more spicy trip (probably shieldless Mamba) because why not, i love how this ship looks as well as Krait

Last edited:
Yup, if in doubt, spend some time in the system maps, and you'll get used to recognising them too like @SciTrekker said.

As a rule of thumb (from a non explorer person, so don't see it as gospel!) - I don't tend to have found high g ice cubes, although I imagine they exist. Perhaps someone will point one out.

So, my advice would be to start from planet 1 and work out until you run out of HMC, metal rich, rocky, and so on. The bigger the planet, the better chance of high g. Also, many moons fall into the same group as ice cubes, but that isn't a guarantee.

Some places I know of. Upsilon Aquarii has a 2.4g I think, planet 2, under the coriolis. It also has a station base on the planet - you can always try using a DC to begin with just to see how it gets "tricked by" and deals with higher g, it's useful to watch it try. It shouldn't fail, but I am never fully trusting of them!!

The planet home to Taine Landing in Ra is similar to the above, and gives the same opportunities.

Achenar has a 4.x g planet, but I can't remember which one without looking.

Then go up from there.

I am no expert in this, but learned the hard way that a comedy rebuy makes you look more! Expensive belly flop! Always have 4 pips in shields, but I think already said.

I would advise working up though, as although gravity is linear, it depends on thrusters too, not just linear engine power, so can be a deceptive issue. The one in achenar has a base too I think, but again not certain.

It's oft overlooked, but if you normally land on moons and little things, a 1g planet is also worth practising on, as the behaviour can catch you out. But once you have tried a few you'll be good - try combining a landing with somewhere that has geological sites, so you can collect materials too - it'll make it more interesting than just bump landing, iykwim?

Good luck Cmdr,
The Hat :)

PS, nearly forgot - once you get near a body, the visual overlay comes up showing altitude and etc. On the right vertical bar, at the bottom, is the Gravityometericalmeter (I made that up), it shows the relative g based on altitude. Sometimes people forget that at 1000km/1Mm up, the g is lower than at the surface, so keep an eye on it so it doesn't catch you out :) o7

Also i don't know if i can go to Xibalba on my own or i should straight up bring a fleet carrier for that trip. Probably would scout ahead fi
Yup, if in doubt, spend some time in the system maps, and you'll get used to recognising them too like @SciTrekker said.

As a rule of thumb (from a non explorer person, so don't see it as gospel!) - I don't tend to have found high g ice cubes, although I imagine they exist. Perhaps someone will point one out.

So, my advice would be to start from planet 1 and work out until you run out of HMC, metal rich, rocky, and so on. The bigger the planet, the better chance of high g. Also, many moons fall into the same group as ice cubes, but that isn't a guarantee.

Some places I know of. Upsilon Aquarii has a 2.4g I think, planet 2, under the coriolis. It also has a station base on the planet - you can always try using a DC to begin with just to see how it gets "tricked by" and deals with higher g, it's useful to watch it try. It shouldn't fail, but I am never fully trusting of them!!

The planet home to Taine Landing in Ra is similar to the above, and gives the same opportunities.

Achenar has a 4.x g planet, but I can't remember which one without looking.

Then go up from there.

I am no expert in this, but learned the hard way that a comedy rebuy makes you look more! Expensive belly flop! Always have 4 pips in shields, but I think already said.

I would advise working up though, as although gravity is linear, it depends on thrusters too, not just linear engine power, so can be a deceptive issue. The one in achenar has a base too I think, but again not certain.

It's oft overlooked, but if you normally land on moons and little things, a 1g planet is also worth practising on, as the behaviour can catch you out. But once you have tried a few you'll be good - try combining a landing with somewhere that has geological sites, so you can collect materials too - it'll make it more interesting than just bump landing, iykwim?

Good luck Cmdr,
The Hat :)

PS, nearly forgot - once you get near a body, the visual overlay comes up showing altitude and etc. On the right vertical bar, at the bottom, is the Gravityometericalmeter (I made that up), it shows the relative g based on altitude. Sometimes people forget that at 1000km/1Mm up, the g is lower than at the surface, so keep an eye on it so it doesn't catch you out :) o7
Thanks. Anyway i would first spend some time grinding materials for the engineers. Also i would like to have some rest after my recent returning from Sagittarius A* and Colonia, so it's probably will be after a week at least. Also found myself new favorite song that i would like to use for upcoming video(s) for my channel.

Also i don't know if i can go to Xibalba on my own or i should straight up bring a fleet carrier for that trip. Probably would scout ahead fi

Thanks. Anyway i would first spend some time grinding materials for the engineers. Also i would like to have some rest after my recent returning from Sagittarius A* and Colonia, so it's probably will be after a week at least. Also found myself new favorite song that i would like to use for upcoming video(s) for my channel.

Coolio :) if you're grinding materials, and need raw elements, that's why I thought I'd suggest going to higher g planets with geological sites. They'll give you practice at higher g landings passively, as you'll need to visit a few on each planet, then take ten minutes driving around each site.

Just a suggestion though, it's up to you of course :)

Coolio :) if you're grinding materials, and need raw elements, that's why I thought I'd suggest going to higher g planets with geological sites. They'll give you practice at higher g landings passively...

As well as the fun you'll have while you watch materials shoot down at the ground like they've been blasted out of a cannon!

As well as the fun you'll have while you watch materials shoot down at the ground like they've been blasted out of a cannon!
I had very unpleasant experience with shooting crystals on geological sites because of fps drop to 30 and less. Most memorable was geological site in between few huge hills, where most of the crystals was super hard to reach

.... Get close and HUD will change to OC view, which will include G stat.
That's a slightly dangerous suggestion. Not wrong in itself, mind you, but you are still high up when you enter orbital cruise (OC), and the G stat shows up. Which means that at that point/altitude the G stat may read something harmless/managable, like <1G or some such. If you don't keep an eye on that stat on your decent, you may be up for a nasty surprise after dropping out of glide and preparing for the landing, because by then the Gs will be a multiple of what you saw when entering OC.
But you are absolutely right, that G stat is important to keep an eye on.
As is the vertical speed indicator, the bar of little rectangles at the right side of the main HUD. Many of the little rectangles below the center line, or even going into the reds, and touchdown will leave more than just a little mark...

Top Bottom