Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2]

Trending: Ed Lewis lands job as European Community Lead at Bethesda!

P.S. I've also added links to my "Beginners guide to mining" and "Master your SRV" articles from issues #18 and #17 of Sagittarius Eye magazine to the "manuals, guides and other stuff for new players" section.

Last edited:
Apparently, tomorrow night's Frontier livestream will feature helloitskolo, who's challenged Will to a Flight-Assist Off docking competition. That should be good for a laugh!

Trending: new space station near Sagittarius A* + the most epic Fuel Rat rescue mission ever is due to complete at 9pm this Saturday and will be livestreamed on a Twitch channel which is now regularly seeing 1000 viewers as news of the rescue spreads like wildfire across gaming news sites across the globe.

Added Heisenberg6626's utterly mindblowing paper on the science of optimal supercruise flight to the "ships, weapon stat's, combat tips, etc".

Even if you're not into maths you HAVE to just take a quick glance at this - it's quite extraordinary!

And even more excitingly (I think, haven't had time to read it yet), an "Important Community Update" from Will ...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/479122-Important-Community-Update-(01-03)

"Back in August, we mentioned that the team had begun work on the next major era of Elite. We believe this will be a defining moment in the history of the game and it will be our biggest update yet."

YAY!

"we estimate this major milestone will be ready by the latter half of 2020"

Oh .... Ffffffffffffffudgecakes!

Last edited:
Trending: BGS update info (bit late highlighting this - sorry), guess the new IP (again), First Great Planetary Expedition lauch date announced.

+ DW2 newsletter #6

Edit: oh, and also a quick shoutout to Cmdrs Buur and Rheeney who are taking multicrew video camera work to whole new levels ...

[video=youtube_share;iG0dWIUP9p4]https://youtu.be/iG0dWIUP9p4[/video]

Last edited:
Trending: BGS update info (bit late highlighting this - sorry), guess the new IP (again), First Great Planetary Expedition lauch date announced.

+ DW2 newsletter #6

Edit: oh, and also a quick shoutout to Cmdrs Buur and Rheeney who are taking multicrew video camera work to whole new levels ...

That looks really good, look forward to what they can do for the expedition.

LAVECON 2019

The 2nd batch of tickets for Lavecon 2019 go on sale tomorrow night (Tuesday 12th March) at 8pm GMT (that's 20:00 UTC).

To grab one (and if you're able to attend then I HIGHLY recommend it) then you need to go here: https://www.hwsevents.co.uk/shop-1

The first batch of tickets went like hot cakes (in around 20 mins) so I suggest being on that website about 10 minutes before 8pm with your credit card in hand and then refresh the page fairly regularly to get one as soon as they appear.

Good luck!

Edit: also - Trending: bar graph - how loved are your ships?

Last edited:
Added Clicker's handy TARGET joystick software configuration script to the "software" sub-section of "accessories, add-ons and tools to improve the ED experience".

Top Bottom